AuthorTopic: Cannabis  (Read 13436 times)

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
Re: Cannabis
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2014, 10:26:34 PM »
I guess no ones got nothin' on this?

wtf :icon_scratch:

bunch of pussies if you ask me :Benny_monkeysmilies:

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2014, 10:47:45 PM »
I guess no ones got nothin' on this?

wtf :icon_scratch:

bunch of pussies if you ask me :Benny_monkeysmilies:

Most of the discussion is taking place in the thread over on the Conspiracy Board.  This because when WHD posted this, it wasn't captured by the SMF, I did this later.

I will merge the threads tonight.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2014, 11:05:59 PM »
I don't think this is any major conspiracy.  I think Da Goobermint is just looking for another Item to Tax and raise revenue.

Since it is relatively EZ to grow Hydroponically (and there is TONS of literature to help you get started!), I would just go ahead and grow in the basement, not for Sale to anybody just for Personal Use.  If somebody Smells MJ, how would they know you grew it rather than bought it?  Long as you don't advertise that you are doing this and keep the amounts to just what you smoke yourself or give to a few CLOSE friends, it is doubtful you get caught.  The Revenooers will be going after bigger operations selling the stuff and attempting to avoid the Taxation.

Growing it yourself you likely can produce a better product too, nice well cultivated Sinsemilla!  :icon_mrgreen:

Even if caught if it is decriminalized in your state, the WORST case scenario is they hit you with a fine and confiscate your setup.  As long as you don't SELL it, just SMOKE it, you should be fine.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2014, 11:49:47 PM »
I guess it all depends on individual states. They judge the amount as whether it is for smoking yourself, trafficable quantities, then theres proceeds of crime in strict state. Got tax returns and reciepts to prove you earned the money and bought everything you have there including the property?  If not kiss it goodbye. 
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
William Marijuana Seed
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2014, 12:17:55 AM »
I guess it all depends on individual states. They judge the amount as whether it is for smoking yourself, trafficable quantities, then theres proceeds of crime in strict state. Got tax returns and reciepts to prove you earned the money and bought everything you have there including the property?  If not kiss it goodbye.

Definitely you should Research the Specific Laws for your State.  Definitely keep the amount you grow to what is defined as "Personal Use" amounts.

Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to be doing this in a RENTAL property rather than one you own yourself.  Then they can only confiscate your Tubs and Tubes, not your McMansion.

To ADD amounts if you are a Heavy Smoker, you could go out to some State and National parks and transplant a few plants out there and mark them with your GPS, then go out and Harvest periodically on Camping Trips.  Go well off the Trail where others are unlikely to find them.

This is the "William Marijuana Seed" paradigm. :icon_mrgreen:

William Marijuana Seed treks around the FSoA

RE
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:27:26 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
Re: The Sudden Legalization of Marijuana Is Profoundly Immoral
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2014, 04:06:59 AM »
I'm not 33 any longer...which I suppose might bring an end to the "year of the 3's" as GM and I have dubbed the last year...2013.  Apparently my personal astrological calender is off a bit, otherwise I suppose I'd have been born on Jan 1 rather than the 22nd, or rather more precisely I'd have been born on Alban Arthuan :laugh:
Born on the cusp of the sign of the Waterbearer?  I'd say that is precisely right!  :D
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2014, 08:07:53 AM »
This from Daily Kos--

Sat Jan 18, 2014 at 06:44 PM PST
DEA Official: "The 21st Amendment Scares Us"

On January 15, 2014 1934, speaking out against the United States' ongoing national decriminalization of cannabis recent repeal of Prohibition through ratification of the 21st amendment, as well as the enactment of restricted legalization initiatives in Colorado and Washington the Cullen-Harrison act, the DEA operations chief unofficial spokesman for the Anti-Saloon League James Capra appeared before the US Senate. Public opinion having long ago turned against him and his ideological allies, he sought to persuade lawmakers of the alleged mistake we as a nation had made in entertaining the relaxation of cannabis law repealing Prohibition.

His words were fearful, animated, and he spoke heatedly of the doom waiting for us if this state of affairs isn't changed.

I have to say this… going down the path to legalization Prohibition repeal in this country is reckless and irresponsible. I’m talking about the long-term impact of legalization repeal in the United States. It scares us.

There are more dispensaries bars in Denver than there are Starbucks soda fountains. The idea somehow… that this is somehow good for us as a nation, that this is good for the next generation coming up is wrong. It’s a bad thing, and this body will get its door knocked on ten years from now and say, ‘How did we get where we got?'

This is a bad experiment. It’s going to cost us in terms of social costs.

In his fear he forgot a few things.

First and foremost Mr Capra forgot that putting human beings in cages is generally a bad thing and something which societies, and the human beings who build them, would seem to want to avoid.

He forgot the social costs of ruining countless lives for such a relatively benign vice, its exceedingly easy instigation, and its outrageously lucrative facilitation. He forgot that society itself has ways of mitigating "social costs", and that losers are still losers whether or not they are breaking the law. He forgot that the next generation, while they should be strongly dissuaded and prevented from partaking in that vice, will likely find doing so more difficult with this change in its status. He forgot that businesspeople tend to follow laws and regulations while criminals scoff at them by definition. He forgot that strict laws prohibiting such vices and their accompanying infrastructures have in reality had questionable positive effect over time, although they have spawned entire underground industries; lawless enterprises which are extremely far-reaching, powerful and lucrative, along with being totally unregulated and answering to no one but themselves. Such people wielding such power is apparently not scary enough by comparison.

Mr Capra also forgot that much of the so-called "evidence" put forward to justify continued criminalization is based on bad science, fear-mongering and fabrications, and he forgot that many Americans realize the falsity of that evidence and are then left with shaken trust in their government. Or at least, with that last, he forgot that people losing trust in their government is a bad thing.

Interestingly, he also forgot to include precisely what scares him so much. Change, I think, and the loss of status that will follow him through that change. Scary stuff for a fear-mongering man.

The thing that scares me is government action which is based on fear, lies and zealotry.
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: William Marijuana Seed
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »

Definitely you should Research the Specific Laws for your State.  Definitely keep the amount you grow to what is defined as "Personal Use" amounts.

Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to be doing this in a RENTAL property rather than one you own yourself.  Then they can only confiscate your Tubs and Tubes, not your McMansion.

To ADD amounts if you are a Heavy Smoker, you could go out to some State and National parks and transplant a few plants out there and mark them with your GPS, then go out and Harvest periodically on Camping Trips.  Go well off the Trail where others are unlikely to find them.

This is the "William Marijuana Seed" paradigm. :icon_mrgreen:

William Marijuana Seed treks around the FSoA

RE

Been there, done that.  :icon_mrgreen: County, State and Federal land.  :icon_sunny:

WHD