AuthorTopic: Diner 2nd Anniversary Party  (Read 17724 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Diner 2nd Anniversary Party
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2014, 12:44:10 AM »
Hey RE, after you mentioned the thread on NBL, I went over there and changed the labels.  "Newbie" is now "Just got here" and "Hero" is "I need to get a life"

"Administrator" is now "folks who fix things"

I note you dropped in the thread there and went a few rounds with the Batters.  :icon_mrgreen:

I just dropped my 2 cents in on the latest sparring

Quote from: re
Quote from: ulvfugl
Guy doesn't intervene, because he's busy, and has a hand's off free speech policy.

Nonsense.  Guy actively SUPPORTS my posting.  He publishes some of my Blogs here on NBL!  Guy makes that choice, not me.  If he chose not to publish my blogs, I would hardly ever show up in commentary to go another few rounds with the Batters here.  As Ignoring the Trolls mentioned though, whether I was working to keep this site up and functional or not, I would still drop in the commentariat occassionally to stir the soup, not to mention PLUG THE DINER!  LOL.

Guy and I have much more in common than we do in terms of difference of opinion.  We both are trying to get people to see that culturally speaking we are in a World of Shit.  The general difference is that Guy is 99% convinced this will end in Extinction for HS, I am not so convinced.

Anyhow, besides me, Guy just published Bud Nye's Attitude post, and Bud's opinion is not that different than my own, though he seems to be more working on the Rewilding paradigm than the Scavenging paradigm I consider to be the most effective methodology over the medium term here.

The active comentariat here is very fanatical in belief in NTHE, but Guy while pretty convinced of this himself is not pitching out just this spin on the website here.  He presents alternative views as he sees fit, because it is HIS fucking website, not YOURS.  LOL.

If you want a website where ONLY NTHE Hospice True Believers can chat up their imminent demise, start one of your own!  Ignoring the Trolls and me will even put the fucking website up for you.  LOL.

RE
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:46:39 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2014, 02:29:39 AM »
Hey RE, after you mentioned the thread on NBL, I went over there and changed the labels.  "Newbie" is now "Just got here" and "Hero" is "I need to get a life"

I note you dropped in the thread there and went a few rounds with the Batters.  :icon_mrgreen:

I just dropped my 2 cents in on the latest sparring

Quote from: re
Quote from: ulvfugl
Guy doesn't intervene, because he's busy, and has a hand's off free speech policy.

Nonsense.  Guy actively SUPPORTS my posting.  He publishes some of my Blogs here on NBL!  Guy makes that choice, not me.  If he chose not to publish my blogs, I would hardly ever show up in commentary to go another few rounds with the Batters here.  As Ignoring the Trolls mentioned though, whether I was working to keep this site up and functional or not, I would still drop in the commentariat occassionally to stir the soup, not to mention PLUG THE DINER!  LOL.

Guy and I have much more in common than we do in terms of difference of opinion.  We both are trying to get people to see that culturally speaking we are in a World of Shit.  The general difference is that Guy is 99% convinced this will end in Extinction for HS, I am not so convinced.

Anyhow, besides me, Guy just published Bud Nye's Attitude post, and Bud's opinion is not that different than my own, though he seems to be more working on the Rewilding paradigm than the Scavenging paradigm I consider to be the most effective methodology over the medium term here.

The active comentariat here is very fanatical in belief in NTHE, but Guy while pretty convinced of this himself is not pitching out just this spin on the website here.  He presents alternative views as he sees fit, because it is HIS fucking website, not YOURS.  LOL.

If you want a website where ONLY NTHE Hospice True Believers can chat up their imminent demise, start one of your own!  Ignoring the Trolls and me will even put the fucking website up for you.  LOL.

RE

The RE "charm offensive." LOL.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2014, 03:11:03 AM »
FWIW, I just went over and looked at the NBL Forum. If the main page is a sewer of negativity, the Forum is the effluent lagoon. Now I have to go hose the Lidia and Grant off my shoes, not to mention uflgufl.

Jesus. I don't know how you have time for that. You must be a vampire, and never sleep.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2014, 03:26:33 AM »

I thought about doing something like that, but figured no matter what I changed the labels to Nobody would find a way to complain about it.

Also I would have been tempted to add titles like "Walking Dead", "Existential Quitter", "Happily Depressed" and "Joining the Dinosaurs".  :icon_mrgreen:

RE

I made my first visit to the NBL forum and saw that. H's lighthearted touch has done nothing to improve the humor of the inmates, though.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2014, 03:28:07 AM »
FWIW, I just went over and looked at the NBL Forum. If the main page is a sewer of negativity, the Forum is the effluent lagoon. Now I have to go hose the Lidia and Grant off my shoes, not to mention uflgufl.

Jesus. I don't know how you have time for that. You must be a vampire, and never sleep.

Indeed in their own way, these folks are as vile as Smokey and A-hole on TBP.

It is alas my Destiny in Life on the Internet to go out and Do Battle with the Forces of Evil.

And no, I don't sleep that much.  LOL.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2014, 03:40:45 AM »
I havent had a look yet, but I detect a decided upbeat and cheery tone to the posts RE is showcasing here. Only because hes such a happy chappy Im sure. I think I get why its fun. Im going to try it LOL!
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline DoomerSupport

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
  • Fiat collapsus rualt caelum
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2014, 08:35:50 AM »

I only popped in because RE mentioned it at the party; you can see from the number of posts I don't bother hanging out over there.  I'm friends with Guy on facebook, and he can message me there if there's technical problems, but other than that, I don't go over there. 

RE, on the other hand, has the tolerance for trolls that I do not, and there are going to be visitors to NBL that are more suited for the sitting down to a decent meal in the diner than being hooked up to a bag of disparium in hospice care.  Let food be thy medicine.  The forum will drive anyone with an ounce of positive thoughts away, and hopefully over to here.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2014, 11:38:14 PM »
RE, on the other hand, has the tolerance for trolls that I do not, and there are going to be visitors to NBL that are more suited for the sitting down to a decent meal in the diner than being hooked up to a bag of disparium in hospice care.  Let food be thy medicine.  The forum will drive anyone with an ounce of positive thoughts away, and hopefully over to here.

Even my tolerance wears thin after a while.  I get active whenever Guy cross posts one of my Blogs to defend my POV.  I generally do not participate on any other threads, unless one of the Trolls brings up my name or continues an argument from one of my threads.

The NBL Irreversibility thread was an Overflow thread from an earlier article of mine I put up in the Forum after Guy closed the Commentary on the Blog.  Generally speaking, UF, Lidia, Grant, BS and AL are the main Trolls who drop in to keep the Negativity going.

We will get a New Round when Guy drops on my Emerging Markets article. Sometime next week I think as he runs around a 3 day Feature and the article is 2 or 3 down in the queue.

I stay with it because as Ignoring the Trolls notes, anybody who is not Obsessively Depressed who drops in over there will go looking for something at least marginally more upbeat.

I actually have hooked up over there with BKPR, the Bee Keeper dude who is going to write some Bee Keeping stuff for SUN.  Also another fellow Bugsy is trying to hook us up with Terry Kok, who is trying to build a sustainable community in southern Indiana called Fairie Hill.

So while the Trolls take Center Stage in the Commentariat, I am actually making worthwhile connections there as well by doiing Battle with the Terminally Depressed.  ::)
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2014, 01:18:35 AM »
Also another fellow Bugsy is trying to hook us up with Terry Kok, who is trying to build a sustainable community in southern Indiana called Fairie Hill.
LOL sigh Bugsy is a little behind the times, Jade Dragon gave up on trying to get people to move out there over a year ago, if I recall correctly.  He definitely is an interesting character.  His religious views makes Ignoring the Trolls and WHD look like staunch conservatives.  He is, however, one of the top experts on do-it-yourself Controlled Environment Life Support Systems, his flavor of which he calls the "eco-ark".  I'm definitely planning on leaning on him, also Darrell Frey, for courses in the Permaculture / Controlled Environments category on PEN.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2014, 04:42:37 AM »

Even my tolerance wears thin after a while.  I get active whenever Guy cross posts one of my Blogs to defend my POV.  I generally do not participate on any other threads, unless one of the Trolls brings up my name or continues an argument from one of my threads.

The NBL Irreversibility thread was an Overflow thread from an earlier article of mine I put up in the Forum after Guy closed the Commentary on the Blog.  Generally speaking, UF, Lidia, Grant, BS and AL are the main Trolls who drop in to keep the Negativity going.

We will get a New Round when Guy drops on my Emerging Markets article. Sometime next week I think as he runs around a 3 day Feature and the article is 2 or 3 down in the queue.

I stay with it because as Ignoring the Trolls notes, anybody who is not Obsessively Depressed who drops in over there will go looking for something at least marginally more upbeat.

I actually have hooked up over there with BKPR, the Bee Keeper dude who is going to write some Bee Keeping stuff for SUN.  Also another fellow Bugsy is trying to hook us up with Terry Kok, who is trying to build a sustainable community in southern Indiana called Fairie Hill.

So while the Trolls take Center Stage in the Commentariat, I am actually making worthwhile connections there as well by doiing Battle with the Terminally Depressed.  ::)

You must have missed roger ellis diatribe wrt the diner. Someone should point out that if he takes any steps to keep himself alive now, he is excercising the same human exceptionalism he denounces. And that if he has kids its no more human exceptionalism to reply to "whats for dinner dad?" with "kangaroo stew" as it is with "packet pasta" if you dont accept foodstamp distribution as the end of the line before dying.

They are too gutless to try and all tout it as some sort of triumph attaining true peace? wtf do they intend to tell their hungry family when they are so open to experience borne of acceptance of futility.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2014, 08:07:19 AM »
Also another fellow Bugsy is trying to hook us up with Terry Kok, who is trying to build a sustainable community in southern Indiana called Fairie Hill.
LOL sigh Bugsy is a little behind the times, Jade Dragon gave up on trying to get people to move out there over a year ago, if I recall correctly.  He definitely is an interesting character.  His religious views makes Ignoring the Trolls and WHD look like staunch conservatives.  He is, however, one of the top experts on do-it-yourself Controlled Environment Life Support Systems, his flavor of which he calls the "eco-ark".  I'm definitely planning on leaning on him, also Darrell Frey, for courses in the Permaculture / Controlled Environments category on PEN.

Methinks a girlfriend of mine played a concert @ Fairie Hill. She and I didn't last, in part because you don't find many baldheads where the fairies congregate. LOL

WHD