AuthorTopic: Diner 2nd Anniversary Party  (Read 19295 times)

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Diner 2nd Anniversary Party
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2014, 02:30:21 AM »
Hi RE: So I watched your party and got to know five of you a little better. Could not agree more with yours and Roamer's discussion of collapse and similarities with Detroit of large parts of the US. I did a pretty thorough search one and two years ago over the internet with lots of google pictures and was really appalled and scared off. When ever {No matter what state} I found something affordable but then googled the surroundings it was depressing as hell. Something about this country makes it downright uncivilized just about everywhere and I guess that's because it is. Frankly, you can tell Surly, that I'm sure Wetico is what has done this to a once beautiful wide open sacred land of Nature now destroyed by greed and materialism. I wanted to hear more about what William had to say on this divide between the Sacred and the Profane, but the words were just not that clear. I hope later. The idea of gathering souls through the internet is also a good one. Karpatok

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2014, 05:01:14 AM »
shit! 

I planned on attending this party.  My apologies. 

Did anyone sing any karaoke? 

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2014, 05:21:01 AM »
shit! 

Not a note that I heard. But I bailed at 1:20. Hunter and roamer were still going strong, though...
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2014, 09:30:10 AM »
I actually tried the link, but the google software seemed to not want to install. I gave up and went to dinner. Thanks for posting the video. It will be watched.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2014, 12:32:18 PM »
I actually tried the link, but the google software seemed to not want to install. I gave up and went to dinner. Thanks for posting the video. It will be watched.

yeah, GM and I will watch it to.  We both thought it was today for some reason? 

Life has been hectic for us lately. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
PAHHHTY CONTINUED...
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2014, 02:02:37 PM »

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2014, 03:52:42 PM »

Same thing happened to me.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2014, 04:05:43 PM »

Same thing happened to me.

GM and I are about 30 minutes away from adult time. 

We'll be trying the latest link once the kids are in bed...is another way of saying it.

I really hate that we missed lastnight.  I'd have loved to participate with both William and Roamer at the same time.  I guarantee it will at least be funny as hell when it finally happens. 

But we'll try the link soon.   :emthup:

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2014, 08:06:41 PM »
shit! 

RE did. He should have recorded it. I did sing, but the the only one that heard it was Roamer. Too bad, I was too drunk to remember the words, so whatever. :)

WHD

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2014, 08:14:16 PM »
shit! 

RE did. He should have recorded it. I did sing, but the the only one that heard it was Roamer. Too bad, I was too drunk to remember the words, so whatever. :)

WHD

The connection was breaking up too bad by then.  No way to get a complete recording.

We'll get it done at the Convocation.  Also hopefully get the Instrumental Track recorded so I don't come out A Capella on the Video.   :icon_sunny:

Definitely an entertaining evening though, and I am glad the portion with Surly did actually take in the end.  It's up on the Homepage, and the Thumbnail for it is you and Roamer which gives a nice Youthful Appearance to the Diner as opposed to the Old Fogeys me & Surly.   :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2014, 10:19:15 PM »
I couldn't watch most of it, the links keep sending me to Apple Apps store and I did not know what to do. I put my tablet down got out of bed and came downstairs to my desktop computer and was able to see Roamer WHD Surly Haniel and RE perfectly, nice clear images and sound.

I came into the party not expecting too much and within seconds upon arriving was absolutely thrilled at the medium. What a wonderful experience to meet some of our Diners. To meet them personally, hear them talk, watch their mannerisms and facial expressions, it was just wonderful. Surly, you have the face of wisdom, Roamer and WHD it was just great to see you guys and hear about your plans in person, Haniel what a pleasure to meet you and hear that fabulous accent in your speech, I will always hear it now when I read your postings. Nice going RE, it was a pleasure to meet everyone. My only bitch is not being able to get the other stuff only that specific interview. It's tough not being a computer geek like you younger guys. Dunces like me need a link to click on where it just appears like the interview did.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:34:40 PM by Golden Oxen »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2014, 10:56:26 PM »
My only bitch is not being able to get the other stuff only that specific interview.

I captured an earlier portion as well with myself, WHD & Roamer.  I will put that one up also presently.  I put this one up first because it had more Diners involved, though the other one comes first chronologically.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2014, 11:13:56 PM »
I couldn't watch most of it, the links keep sending me to Apple Apps store and I did not know what to do.

BTW, what you needed to do at that point to join in was to Download the Apple App that works with Google+.  Had you done that, you could have joined the chat I suspect, since the Ipad has the necessary hardware built in.

For Next Time, download the Google+ App to your Ipad and I think it will be pretty EZ for you to join in the fun.  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2014, 11:26:33 PM »
I couldn't watch most of it, the links keep sending me to Apple Apps store and I did not know what to do.

BTW, what you needed to do at that point to join in was to Download the Apple App that works with Google+.  Had you done that, you could have joined the chat I suspect, since the Ipad has the necessary hardware built in.

For Next Time, download the Google+ App to your Ipad and I think it will be pretty EZ for you to join in the fun.  :icon_sunny:

RE

Thanks, If I have a problem, my 14 year old grandchild in Maine will set it up for me. He does that stuff all day and doesn't even think about it, just comes natural to him.

Are you aware that they give a free Apple I Pads to all the Kids in Maine from for Junior high up now? Just amazing, they use them in class and even do homework on them. Boy oh Boy has the world ever changed from when I was a kid.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner 2nd Anniversary Party: WHD, Roamer & RE
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2014, 11:27:18 PM »
This from relatively early in the evening, though after a good deal of unrecorded chat.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WHEdB4Vms4c?feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WHEdB4Vms4c?feature=player_detailpage</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can