AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Comic Strip  (Read 183708 times)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
The tragedy of baby-on-gun violence
« Reply #795 on: May 10, 2016, 07:51:23 AM »
Everything, I mean EVERYTHING, is a BIG FUCKING MESS!!

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Doomstead Diner Comic Strip
« Reply #796 on: May 10, 2016, 01:13:01 PM »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #797 on: May 11, 2016, 11:57:36 AM »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #798 on: May 20, 2016, 09:29:52 AM »

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #799 on: May 20, 2016, 01:23:13 PM »

Yes, reason enough for me not to see the assassin of Glass-Segal and the murderess of thousands sleeping under the White House roof in an unholy revival of an American Camelot that can never be.

Doomsteaders follow foreign affairs because it has much to do with how we as a nation deal with collapse and the coming age of resource constraint.  Yet what other groups of outliers besides doomsteaders concern themselves with truths not told by main stream media?  They too would know that Hillary is an incompetent jingoist with much blood on her blue pantsuits, but who would 'they' be?

I fear methinks, we Knights of Doom carry our lances past cities not unlike that of biblical Sodom where there is no welcome for the pure of heart on a holy quest.  We quest for a continuation of the human experiment in a kingdom which will make our fair lord proud.  The holy grail of sustainability, reason, and peace is what we seek.  Yet in our travels the pestilence of ignorance lies heavy on the land.  It slows us down and it makes our journey a retched one which fatigues even the most robust of Knights.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #800 on: May 20, 2016, 02:07:12 PM »

Yes, reason enough for me not to see the assassin of Glass-Segal and the murderess of thousands sleeping under the White House roof in an unholy revival of an American Camelot that can never be.

Doomsteaders follow foreign affairs because it has much to do with how we as a nation deal with collapse and the coming age of resource constraint.  Yet what other groups of outliers besides doomsteaders concern themselves with truths not told by main stream media?  They too would know that Hillary is an incompetent jingoist with much blood on her blue pantsuits, but who would 'they' be?

I fear methinks, we Knights of Doom carry our lances past cities not unlike that of biblical Sodom where there is no welcome for the pure of heart on a holy quest.  We quest for a continuation of the human experiment in a kingdom which will make our fair lord proud.  The holy grail of sustainability, reason, and peace is what we seek.  Yet in our travels the pestilence of ignorance lies heavy on the land.  It slows us down and it makes our journey a retched one which fatigues even the most robust of Knights.

Somewhat apropos, this from Information Clearing House and Tom Feeley today:

"The Democratic Party is not an association of political virgins and pacifists, but the second-oldest capitalist party on the planet, steeped in blood from its origins as the party of the Southern slaveowners. It is the party of World War I, World War II, Korea and Vietnam, of Hiroshima and Nagasaki."
--Patrick Martin

To which we would add Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria...and Ferguson, Flint....

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 20, 2016, 05:00:38 PM »
Sooooooo why do they call it A "PARTY" ?
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #802 on: May 23, 2016, 03:47:47 AM »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #803 on: May 23, 2016, 10:21:19 AM »

"I really prefer the quiet rhythms of the sewers to the hustle and bustle of the subways."

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #804 on: May 24, 2016, 04:26:59 AM »

h/t Lucid Dreams

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #805 on: May 25, 2016, 02:05:00 PM »

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #806 on: May 25, 2016, 02:10:45 PM »
But Republicans do think!  They think about me me me.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #807 on: May 25, 2016, 02:13:30 PM »

h/t Lucid Dreams

Yes, with her soul is so black the devil does not even want it we know she is a BITCH!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:15:50 PM by K-Dog »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #808 on: May 25, 2016, 02:33:25 PM »
But Republicans do think!  They think about me me me.

Ah, there are some smart and even principled conservatives out there. I have enjoyed conversation with them over the decades. They seem to be gone these days, for the most part. The most endangered species on the planet may be The Moderate republican. The nativist, white rage types have all the energy-- not only here, but in Europe and all over the world.

Not gonna end well. The first things extremists of all stripes do is kill the moderates. As tried and true a technique as divide and conquer.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #809 on: May 29, 2016, 04:53:09 AM »