AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Comic Strip  (Read 156399 times)

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Doomstead Diner Comic Strip
« Reply #1005 on: February 12, 2018, 08:30:19 AM »

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Doomstead Diner Comic - Strip Trump Toons 7
« Reply #1006 on: February 12, 2018, 08:41:22 AM »
Ain't it the "Truth"  President Trump  :emthup: :emthup: :icon_sunny:

Let's add needed perspective immediately:

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 12, 2018, 08:56:49 AM »
 :emthup: :emthup: :emthup:

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 12, 2018, 09:01:48 AM »
None of these last ones ring true for me . Not the pro-Trump ones. Not the anti-Trump ones.

I hate political correctness, but giving Trump credit for slaying it is bogus. It's getting worse anyway, and not better. It's just the future that we've been given. That's because we don't grant equality, we grant "special" status to groups we identify as being discriminated against.

The Trump-Putin axis of evil isn't real. The Deep State has Trump by the balls now, and they don't like Putin. Did Putin influence the election. Certainly. Does anybody much care? I don't think so.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 12, 2018, 09:23:31 AM »
None of these last ones ring true for me . Not the pro-Trump ones. Not the anti-Trump ones.

I hate political correctness, but giving Trump credit for slaying it is bogus. It's getting worse anyway, and not better. It's just the future that we've been given. That's because we don't grant equality, we grant "special" status to groups we identify as being discriminated against.

The Trump-Putin axis of evil isn't real. The Deep State has Trump by the balls now, and they don't like Putin. Did Putin influence the election. Certainly. Does anybody much care? I don't think so.

I hear you Eddie, but took the particular cartoon on Political Correctness in  a different light. Jeb Bush weeping on the side gave me the impression that Trump won by not being Politically Correct like all the whining trying to kiss everyone's asses whimps like PC Bush and the rest of those jerkoffs, by not being politically correct.

Of course your differing take is valid, just explaining my view.

As to that Russian bull shit. I can't comment without being incarcerated again by the Lefties.  ;D
But you surely know what I'm thinking.   ::) ::)

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1010 on: February 12, 2018, 09:51:20 AM »

Congress voted 517-5 to impose sanctions on Russia. The President decided to ignore that law. Feel free to explain how the "Trump-Putin axis of evil isn't real" in that context. Take all the time you need.

For extra credit, discuss Len Blavatnik's sudden spate of contributions to GOP causes, into GOP political action committees, with millions of dollars going to . Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio and Lindsey Graham. As well as Blavatnik's connections to Oleg Deripaska, and partner Viktor Vekselberg. Feel free to mention the McClatchy investigation of the Trump-Russia-NRA Connection with russian banker Alexander Torshin. The NRA spent $70 million electing cadet Bone Spurs; I'm pretty sure they didn't get the money through memberships.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 12, 2018, 09:58:12 AM »

Congress voted 517-5 to impose sanctions on Russia. The President decided to ignore that law. Feel free to explain how the "Trump-Putin axis of evil isn't real" in that context. Take all the time you need.

For extra credit, discuss Len Blavatnik's sudden spate of contributions to GOP causes, into GOP political action committees, with millions of dollars going to . Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio and Lindsey Graham. As well as Blavatnik's connections to Oleg Deripaska, and partner Viktor Vekselberg. Feel free to mention the McClatchy investigation of the Trump-Russia-NRA Connection with russian banker Alexander Torshin. The NRA spent $70 million electing cadet Bone Spurs; I'm pretty sure they didn't get the money through memberships.

I don't need any time. Trump's oligarch bosses want to keep Russia in the fold of the world banking cartel. Money talks and bullshit walks. They want to own Putin, not fight him.

Congress makes the obligatory harrumphs, and the executive branch quietly allows BAU. So it goes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JN99jshaQbY&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JN99jshaQbY&fs=1</a>

Online azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 12, 2018, 10:05:36 AM »
Trump, Putin & Xi are all in cahoots.

They are so fucking with everyone.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Trump Toons 8
« Reply #1013 on: February 12, 2018, 12:50:38 PM »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Trump Toons 9
« Reply #1014 on: February 12, 2018, 01:39:10 PM »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #1015 on: February 12, 2018, 06:36:04 PM »
Eddie: Did Putin influence the election. Certainly.

Huh?  D'you mean based on the IP addresses of people accessing the DNC website?  I would have thought APT28 would have used US IP proxies to do their hacking.

You see how easy it is to accept the MSM viewpoint when they are 100% onside with the USG viewpoint?

Wikileaks influenced the election by publishing the Seth Rich-hacked truth.  Damned communists !
"The State is a body of armed men."

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 12, 2018, 07:20:18 PM »
I don't think it's that big a deal. It wasn't against the law to put crap on social media for dumb people to grab onto because it fit their chosen narrative.

I'm not sure what the EXTENT was of Russian influence. They didn't influence me, I don't think. I don't read social media, and forward erroneous garbage to everyone I know. I spent most of the campaign worrying that Trump supporters would go full Nazi if they LOST.

Frankly I think it would have been weird if the Russians didn't try to influence the election. It's not like the US doesn't meddle in elections. We have a history of directly intervening in foreign elections to prevent lawfully elected winners from taking office. That's what we did in Viet Nam, for example.

To me it's just the typical stuff that happens everywhere. It's the righteous indignation about it that's silly. And the extreme reaction, which is all politics.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:28:14 PM by Eddie »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Trump Toons 10
« Reply #1017 on: February 13, 2018, 05:04:50 AM »
Oh-ohh deep in my heart...  ::)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jW2MRTqzJug" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jW2MRTqzJug</a>

RE

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Trump Toons 11
« Reply #1018 on: February 13, 2018, 08:43:48 AM »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator