PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Doomstead Diner Comic Strip

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Comic Strip  (Read 180094 times)

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Doomstead Diner Comic Strip
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2013, 08:33:59 AM »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2013, 05:58:31 AM »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2013, 10:08:16 AM »
130401 daily cartoon thursday p465
       :laugh:

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2013, 08:58:20 PM »

aight...here it is.  I'm sorry, I don't have a problem with gays.  To each his own.  But I got a problem with that.  Two women lovers raising a daughter?  No male influence?  I mean this isn't a gay issue.  This is a child psychology issue as well as the relevance of men in our society.  I mean men aren't raising children any longer?  Likewise with gay men.  Women aren't raising sons anymore?  WTF?  It's madness. 

So be gay, but don't bring another being into a confusing mess where death doesn't exist, nor polar opposites.  It's madness.  There are polarities for crying out loud.  We've known that since we evolved into physical brains...or rather, as Kurt Vonnegut might say, devolved into. 

Ever read Galapagos

Galapagos
Galapagos

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2013, 09:28:37 PM »
Didn't wish to get your gander up Lucid, pretty much a traditionalist myself. Just thought it was good for a laugh.

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2013, 09:46:33 PM »
Didn't wish to get your gander up Lucid, pretty much a traditionalist myself. Just thought it was good for a laugh.

Yeah it was, just had to say something about the underlying message.  That's why I think George Carlin and Bill Hicks were the pentacle of stand up comedy.  They wove a message into your routine.  An important message.  Here's my comic strip

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lFSiX5dsJqc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lFSiX5dsJqc</a>

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2013, 09:47:43 PM »
cause chickens are descent people :laugh:

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2013, 10:09:20 PM »

He certainly has some funny interesting quips. My favorites were always the old stand up comics from way back, Jack Benny, Henny Youngman, as well as Amos & Andy. As far as moderns I am very fond of Bill Murray, don't know what there is about him but I laugh just looking at him. Ground Hound Dog Day my favorite comedy starring Murray.  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2013, 10:24:39 PM »

He certainly has some funny interesting quips. My favorites were always the old stand up comics from way back, Jack Benny, Henny Youngman, as well as Amos & Andy. As far as moderns I am very fond of Bill Murray, don't know what there is about him but I laugh just looking at him. Ground Hound Dog Day my favorite comedy starring Murray.  :laugh: :laugh:

Ever seen What about Bob?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sPwLRYz8IYo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sPwLRYz8IYo</a>
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:27:14 PM by luciddreams »

bob

« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2013, 10:43:07 PM »

aight...here it is.  I'm sorry, I don't have a problem with gays.  To each his own.  But I got a problem with that.  Two women lovers raising a daughter?  No male influence?  I mean this isn't a gay issue.  This is a child psychology issue as well as the relevance of men in our society.  I mean men aren't raising children any longer?  Likewise with gay men.  Women aren't raising sons anymore?  WTF?  It's madness. 

So be gay, but don't bring another being into a confusing mess where death doesn't exist, nor polar opposites.  It's madness.  There are polarities for crying out loud.  We've known that since we evolved into physical brains...or rather, as Kurt Vonnegut might say, devolved into. 

Ever read Galapagos

Galapagos
Galapagos

Lesbians seem to have mental health problems disproportional to the population. Many have a big chip on their shoulder, they seem to be the ones who make it a choice after bad experiences with men or no men being interested in them. many lesbian couples have kids from their former hetero days. I saw one poor girl who was taken into state care living in an environment that made Little OJ with Bruno and buddies look like Christmas in Dickens.

Homersexual men are far more promiscuous than the general population. men have far higher sex drive and natural need to spread seed than women generally. look at the prostitution industry if you disagree. 99% women charging men the same hourly rate as a lawyer. Of the few male prostitutes most of those are for gays. This is why AIDS went through them like wildfire in the 80's. Most of the gay marriages approved where it has been legalised are open relationships like George Michael or Elton John.

Children have no organised lobby group. This is why assault of children is still tolerated. Sure, give your wife or asshole neighbor or coworker a "measured smack for guidance" and see if they or the cops appreciate your POV. Gay and lesbian lobby is powerful OTOH whose interests come first?

Notice this issue is never mentioned. The reference framing changed from Gay Marriage to Marriage Equality and suddenly public perception went from against to support for. Try saying "I do not support gay marriage", Now say "I do not support marriage equality" see.

Thats illuminati sheep herding social engineering. They do not feed you ANYTHING good for you, so dont kid yourself everything else they feed you is bad and this is good. These kids have a lifetime of trying to make sense of themselves. Modelling effeminate mannerisms as all boys model their male role model and then being hormonally hetero, after hoping to be gay to be just like dad/s?

Anonymous sperm donored are potential people with no rights, who become people with no right to know who they are. Adults urge to leave a legacy should be a distant second to the need to know who you are, but who considers that.

Trolleys of stacked babies crying in chinese orphanages, or african AIDS orphans following tourists around for a few cents, they would be better anywhere else with anyone than where they are. Allow single or married people of any sexual  orientation to give them a better life. Funny how it takes 5 years and every test available and all sorts of insurance to keep in touch with the childs own roots and culture  in order to  be adopted by another race b ut at least the same order of attraction, but no such recognition for a kid in a gay or lesbian family to know and understand their own bloody fucking sexual orientation.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2013, 10:48:35 PM »
Ever seen What about Bob?

Yes, like all his stuff, Caddyshack was another good one. Ground Hog Day my favorite though, can't really explain why, it just is.  :laugh:

groundhog day
groundhog day

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
DD Comedy Channel
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2013, 11:08:24 PM »
There is a seperate thread for Vid Clips of Comedians, the DD Comedy Channel.  Please drop all Hicks, Carlin, Dangerfield et al into that thread, not here.  This one is for Political Cartoons.

I'll be moving the vid clips over there tomorrow.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2013, 09:53:36 AM »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2013, 03:05:45 PM »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2013, 08:13:13 AM »
You can tell much about a country by what it decides to invest in. In recent decades, the U.S. has invested in prisons and now, it seems, we’re into investing in making schools more prison-like. (It’s called “safer.”)