PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Doomstead Diner Comic Strip

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Comic Strip  (Read 189060 times)

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Doomstead Diner Comic Strip
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2013, 08:47:01 AM »

bank robber
bank robber

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2013, 11:25:41 AM »
“The old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.”

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2013, 02:52:39 PM »
"Fiction is based on reality unless you're a fairy-tale artist, you have to get your knowledge of life from somewhere. You have to know the material you're writing about before you alter it."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Otherwise known as life among the Stormfront crowd in Wyoming.
“The old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.”

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2013, 04:52:03 PM »
"Fiction is based on reality unless you're a fairy-tale artist, you have to get your knowledge of life from somewhere. You have to know the material you're writing about before you alter it."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Otherwise known as life among the Stormfront crowd in Wyoming.

that's scary Surly, but like I said, there are scary people everywhere you go.  Why is Wyoming so bad?  I mean people wise?  Not many people there actually.  And the Chaney's damn sure ain't gonna fuck with ur permaculture haven?  We'll be hiding in plain site.  Foxstead style. 

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2013, 03:35:47 AM »

that's scary Surly, but like I said, there are scary people everywhere you go.  Why is Wyoming so bad?  I mean people wise?  Not many people there actually.  And the Chaney's damn sure ain't gonna fuck with ur permaculture haven?  We'll be hiding in plain site.  Foxstead style.

I live in SE Virginia, AKA Pat Robertson country, where "rural idiocy" has morphed into "suburban idiocy driving giant armored vehicles." Ken Cuccinnelli is the putative R nominee for Governor, ferchrissakes. His scales glisten on a night lit by moonlight. You live in Carolina. Similar, perhaps.

For all that, it's not the Stormfront/Christian Identity/Militant Mormon crowd. Armed to the teeth with bad weapons and worse ideas.

My thinking is thus: After TSHTF, after The Usual Suspects are rounded up, and the Big Ass Military has shot its wad, the usual strictures of social order will fail. Large pathes of the FSA become, in effect, Somalia-- government by warlord. Under those circumstances, you will either pay protection, contribute soldiers, or more likely get added to the clan. Perhaps peacefully, perhaps not. Rest assured your women and children will be added to the clan --you are not necessary. And for that matter, neither are the elders...

Am thinking the warlords are more likely to spring up among the armed-to-the-teeth-Obama's-Black-Helicopter crowd than among a group of hardy, peaceful souls practicing permaculture techniques. They will spring up everywher, sure. I'd just like them to be more along the lines of what you might find in a Kunstler novel than , say homegrown Nazis.

What most of us want, more than anything, is to find a place to Be LEFT THE FUCK ALONE. Not possible under the Total Surveillance State; probably not possible under Government by Warlord either.

Just one surly old man's opinion.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2013, 05:04:55 AM »
130415 daily cartoon tuesday p465
130415 daily cartoon tuesday p465
 :laugh: :D

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2013, 08:34:43 AM »
130415 cartoon 075 a17424 p465
     :laugh:

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2013, 08:35:19 AM »
Contrary liked this one.

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2013, 08:36:14 AM »
     :laugh:

Or the 32-oz. Manhattan, Ox.

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2013, 08:57:07 AM »
Reminds of past discussion had on this forum about what is REALLY underwriting the fiat, and by extension the Happy Motoring lifestyle.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2013, 01:54:19 PM »
what is REALLY underwriting the fiat, and by extension the Happy Motoring lifestyle.
Surly,
Yep. Dark times. When will they ever learn? :(
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2013, 12:18:37 AM »
Reminds of past discussion had on this forum about what is REALLY underwriting the fiat, and by extension the Happy Motoring lifestyle.

GREAT Graphic Surly, will need to use that in a future article.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2013, 09:24:16 AM »

Love me some Ted Rall.

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2013, 11:29:37 AM »

Love me some Ted Rall.

I don't get it?  "Deep down you just know she's liberal?"  Hilliary?  She's democrat, of course she's liberal.  I don't get it. 

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2013, 04:37:22 AM »
I don't get it?  "Deep down you just know she's liberal?"  Hilliary?  She's democrat, of course she's liberal.  I don't get it.

Really?

Democrat means liberal? Perhaps you've missed the fact that, the "HMO Full employment and Welfare Act" (Obamacare) notwithstanding, BHO has continued the most odious and unconstitutional of W's excesses. Plus cracked down on whistleblowers in a manner unseen in past times. And Hillary's husband, perhaps the most popular democrat extant, was a spectacular class traitor who gave us NAFTA, GATT, and welfare reform, all extreme right wing/globalist desiderata.

So don't tell me dems are liberals. They are, for the most part, craven lickspittle apparatchiks of the global banking order, as eager to fellate the next campaign donor as any republican congressman in an airport bathroom stall.

So the comment is ironic, and reflects the denial and belief system of most Democrats, who continue to believe that their party is "librul," when the opposition makes it so easy to not be batshit crazy. Easy to look reasonable when your opposition wages continuous class war against women, children, teachers, first responders, and anyone who makes a salary.

No TRULY liberal ideas get a hearing in this country anymore. There is an entire wing of political thought that can NEVER get a booking on a talk or interview show in the MSM.