PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Doomstead Diner Comic Strip

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Comic Strip  (Read 179953 times)

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
Re: Doomstead Diner Comic Strip
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2013, 06:42:43 PM »
I don't get it?  "Deep down you just know she's liberal?"  Hilliary?  She's democrat, of course she's liberal.  I don't get it.

Really?

Democrat means liberal? Perhaps you've missed the fact that, the "HMO Full employment and Welfare Act" (Obamacare) notwithstanding, BHO has continued the most odious and unconstitutional of W's excesses. Plus cracked down on whistleblowers in a manner unseen in past times. And Hillary's husband, perhaps the most popular democrat extant, was a spectacular class traitor who gave us NAFTA, GATT, and welfare reform, all extreme right wing/globalist desiderata.

So don't tell me dems are liberals. They are, for the most part, craven lickspittle apparatchiks of the global banking order, as eager to fellate the next campaign donor as any republican congressman in an airport bathroom stall.

So the comment is ironic, and reflects the denial and belief system of most Democrats, who continue to believe that their party is "librul," when the opposition makes it so easy to not be batshit crazy. Easy to look reasonable when your opposition wages continuous class war against women, children, teachers, first responders, and anyone who makes a salary.

No TRULY liberal ideas get a hearing in this country anymore. There is an entire wing of political thought that can NEVER get a booking on a talk or interview show in the MSM.

Surly, calm down man, they're not going to cut your dick off (lebowski quote for you squares out there) :laugh:

Man, I'm not political, I'm with Carlin, "It's all bullshit and it's bad for you."  Politics are full of shit, left, right, all puppets on strings whom sold their right to be humans to Faustus for trinkets and power.  Whatever.

I'm a human being (I think), and I identify with other human beings.  I don't see lines.  I like Mexicans better then gringos and I'm a gringo.  I don't care much for lesbians however.  Don't have a problem with gays, just lesbians seem to always have issues with men...at least in my experience.  I think it's penis envy.  And I'm in no way saying that all lesbians have that issue, just an unhealthy majority in my experience. 

At any rate, didn't mean to get you ruffled.  But your response helped me get it...I get it now  :laugh:  It's funny now.  So thanks. 

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2013, 08:32:56 AM »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2013, 08:45:27 AM »
I don't get it?  "Deep down you just know she's liberal?"  Hilliary?  She's democrat, of course she's liberal.  I don't get it.

Really?

Democrat means liberal? Perhaps you've missed the fact that, the "HMO Full employment and Welfare Act" (Obamacare) notwithstanding, BHO has continued the most odious and unconstitutional of W's excesses. Plus cracked down on whistleblowers in a manner unseen in past times. And Hillary's husband, perhaps the most popular democrat extant, was a spectacular class traitor who gave us NAFTA, GATT, and welfare reform, all extreme right wing/globalist desiderata.

So don't tell me dems are liberals. They are, for the most part, craven lickspittle apparatchiks of the global banking order, as eager to fellate the next campaign donor as any republican congressman in an airport bathroom stall.

So the comment is ironic, and reflects the denial and belief system of most Democrats, who continue to believe that their party is "librul," when the opposition makes it so easy to not be batshit crazy. Easy to look reasonable when your opposition wages continuous class war against women, children, teachers, first responders, and anyone who makes a salary.

No TRULY liberal ideas get a hearing in this country anymore. There is an entire wing of political thought that can NEVER get a booking on a talk or interview show in the MSM.

Surly, calm down man, they're not going to cut your dick off (lebowski quote for you squares out there) :laugh:

Man, I'm not political, I'm with Carlin, "It's all bullshit and it's bad for you."  Politics are full of shit, left, right, all puppets on strings whom sold their right to be humans to Faustus for trinkets and power.  Whatever.

I'm a human being (I think), and I identify with other human beings.  I don't see lines.  I like Mexicans better then gringos and I'm a gringo.  I don't care much for lesbians however.  Don't have a problem with gays, just lesbians seem to always have issues with men...at least in my experience.  I think it's penis envy.  And I'm in no way saying that all lesbians have that issue, just an unhealthy majority in my experience. 

At any rate, didn't mean to get you ruffled.  But your response helped me get it...I get it now  :laugh:  It's funny now.  So thanks.

Shit, LD, I'm not ruffled. I was just loosening up in the bullpen. When motivated I can bring the heat-- hence the sobriquet-- but in this thread I was just making conversation.  RE could vouch for me -- I saved some of my very best for the mouth-breathers on TBP, where, like listening to one of the Pauls speak, things will sound eminently agreeable and reasonable for about five minutes; but at the 5:01 mark some one breaks out a "libtard" or "40 Blocks of Squalor" or "people of Wal-Mart" reference, each of which has to be Terminated. With.  Extreme. Prejudice. A crowd that thinks the problems in this country are caused by people receiving public assistance, rather than globalist banksters. Some of the flame wars there were epic-- not for the timid.

One of the problems with being apolitical is that the people who want to do you genuine, palpable harm are NOT. They are working through their agents to stand up a new, repressive legal regime that redefines away our traditional constitutional protections. I didn't pay attention through my 40s and 50s, as I was a single parent raising a daughter. But the more attention I pay, the more radical I get. If I were you, I would try to distance myself as well-- you guys have other, far more important priorities. But someone has to pay attention to what The Man is up to.

One thing confused me: what do/did lesbians have to do with anything?

Anyhow, back to your books!!!
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2013, 09:33:03 AM »
One thing confused me: what do/did lesbians have to do with anything?

probably just cause the gay issue is a political line between conservative/liberal...and then I got on lesbians cause they grind my gears and what not...

don't let it confuse you...just being random I suppose. 

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2013, 08:55:32 AM »

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2013, 12:04:05 PM »
put's it into perspective nicely.  You gotta be in power to decides who lives and who dies and for what reasons. 

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2013, 01:03:44 PM »
Had the telesewer on all day. Plus reading the intertoobz.  Had to post this.

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2013, 01:57:39 PM »
Surly, that is awesome man. 

Alex Jones is a PO denier.  Case closed IMO.  Whatever good he may be doing waking up dumb asses to the fact that TPTB don't give a shit about you, doesn't cover up his stupid. 

Offline reanteben

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2013, 03:51:14 PM »

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2013, 06:17:33 AM »
130422 daily cartoon tuesday p465
130422 daily cartoon tuesday p465
   :laugh: :emthup: :emthup:

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2013, 06:27:02 AM »
130422 daily cartoon friday p465
130422 daily cartoon friday p465
    :exp-grin:

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2013, 06:35:24 AM »
Had the telesewer on all day. Plus reading the intertoobz.  Had to post this.

If I can get through next time he's taking calls, Ill ask if he could take the time to educate and enlighten an aptly named grump I know of like he did for the obamaphone lady LOL.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2013, 03:10:55 AM »

130429 daily cartoon monday p465
130429 daily cartoon monday p465

:'( :-\

Offline g