PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Doomstead Diner Comic Strip

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Comic Strip  (Read 170573 times)

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Doomstead Diner Comic Strip
« Reply #300 on: November 09, 2013, 06:20:55 AM »

139852 600
139852 600

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #301 on: November 11, 2013, 03:29:51 AM »

139852 600
139852 600

Exactly. And to that point--

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 11, 2013, 03:51:46 AM »
$4K/year in Corporate Subsidy?

I think that is a serious UNDERESTIMATE given the entire Pentagon Budget is a subsidy to the M.I.C.  YOU buy those Aircraft Carriers, Stealth Bombers and Drones with YOUR Tax Dollars you know.  Those suckers do not come cheap.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #303 on: November 11, 2013, 08:50:24 AM »
$4K/year in Corporate Subsidy?

I think that is a serious UNDERESTIMATE given the entire Pentagon Budget is a subsidy to the M.I.C.  YOU buy those Aircraft Carriers, Stealth Bombers and Drones with YOUR Tax Dollars you know.  Those suckers do not come cheap.

RE

The sources are listed at the bottom. They did the math.

The point is, of course, the relationships-- the droolers who decry the "people of Wal Mart" and their SNAP cards, who ignore the REAL moochers and parasites.

Which you know.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #304 on: November 15, 2013, 08:47:33 AM »
Sez it all.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 15, 2013, 11:07:17 AM »
Sez it all.

Surly this one just broke my heart. I Just stare at, and think, and become sadder.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, this one is worth a million. Talk about an Evil Presence my friend; I guess you do feel it too.

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 15, 2013, 04:35:55 PM »
Sez it all.

Surly this one just broke my heart. I Just stare at, and think, and become sadder.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, this one is worth a million. Talk about an Evil Presence my friend; I guess you do feel it too.

It is very witty, but it made me sigh and slump rather than laugh. I think I might need a break for few days, its getting too depressing. This plus joes news plus kks reminders about the scale of child sex traffic when yesterdays news was a worldwide ring was busted. When I get thoughts of shoving that bat up his ass or setting my pet pitbull at his balls and its just a drawing, its time out from posting time.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 16, 2013, 07:03:15 AM »
Sez it all.

It is very witty, but it made me sigh and slump rather than laugh. I think I might need a break for few days, its getting too depressing. This plus joes news plus kks reminders about the scale of child sex traffic when yesterdays news was a worldwide ring was busted. When I get thoughts of shoving that bat up his ass or setting my pet pitbull at his balls and its just a drawing, its time out from posting time.

Surly, I commented on this posting before, it really affected me.

Thought I should tone down my reaction to it saying it's is just a cartoon, don't get carried away.

Then comes Uncle Bob's reaction after mine which reinforced my admiration for it. It surely captures a lot of our desperate problem and situation in a concise manner.

Was wondering if you could check your source for this remarkable Doomster cartoon and see if the author has any more offerings. Have a strong feeling you may have stumbled upon the Cartoon Laureate of the Diner.

At your leisure of course, realize you are busy, something to place on the back burner. Something about it, like you said it seems to Say It All.                                                                                                                              Thanks, GO
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 07:27:07 AM by Golden Oxen »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #308 on: November 18, 2013, 03:13:16 AM »

How America Works

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #309 on: November 18, 2013, 03:21:27 AM »
Surly, I commented on this posting before, it really affected me.

Thought I should tone down my reaction to it saying it's is just a cartoon, don't get carried away.

Then comes Uncle Bob's reaction after mine which reinforced my admiration for it. It surely captures a lot of our desperate problem and situation in a concise manner.

Was wondering if you could check your source for this remarkable Doomster cartoon and see if the author has any more offerings. Have a strong feeling you may have stumbled upon the Cartoon Laureate of the Diner.

At your leisure of course, realize you are busy, something to place on the back burner. Something about it, like you said it seems to Say It All.                                                                                                                              Thanks, GO

I have not yet been able to track down the artist, but he is a Russian making commentary about the OMON riot police in Russia. Interesting how we are eager to paint Russia as a thugocracy but unable to recognize the same techniques brought home. This at a time when Office John Pike of pepper spray in the face fame is collecting lifetime disability for the trauma he suffered while poisoning students.

Interesting article here-
http://www.contentiouspoliticsrussia.com/2013/01/the-art-of-politics-in-todays-russia.html

But I will keep at it. I'm interested as well.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 18, 2013, 03:37:18 AM »

I have not yet been able to track down the artist, but he is a Russian making commentary about the OMON riot police in Russia

What a surprise, automatically assumed it was US and an OWS outcry.

Come to think of it Snowden is in sanctuary there, the once named EVIL EMPIRE.

Afraid we know who that term applies to now.  :-\

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #311 on: November 18, 2013, 03:50:39 AM »

I have not yet been able to track down the artist, but he is a Russian making commentary about the OMON riot police in Russia

What a surprise, automatically assumed it was US and an OWS outcry.

Come to think of it Snowden is in sanctuary there, the once named EVIL EMPIRE.

Afraid we know who that term applies to now.  :-\

GO,
I have done the usual searches and aside from FB can only find this image on one blog. I have emailed the blogger and asked if he could shed a little light. Will let you know what I find.
I share your appreciation of this artist's work and perceptions.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 19, 2013, 05:21:58 AM »

daily cartoon 131112 465
daily cartoon 131112 465
   :exp-laugh: :exp-laugh:

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 19, 2013, 05:24:37 AM »

daily cartoon 131115 580
daily cartoon 131115 580

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #314 on: November 19, 2013, 07:27:44 AM »

daily cartoon 131115 580
daily cartoon 131115 580

Hah!

:emthup: