PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Doomstead Diner Comic Strip

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Comic Strip  (Read 185906 times)

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Doomstead Diner Comic Strip
« Reply #660 on: September 15, 2015, 08:52:43 AM »
Have taken national Geo. since we were gifted with it as young marrieds by my mother-in-law, oh-so-many years ago now. I hate to see the King of All Media get involved. Nothing good can come of it.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 15, 2015, 08:57:09 AM »
Yeah.  Very disappointing.  My kid is due to graduate this spring with a degree in Geography.  I remember him showing me his HS yearbook with good luck wishes from friends hoping to see him down the road, published in Nat Geo.   

Yes vw, a sad story indeed. Geographic was part of our  education and their photos were the envy of the publishing world.

Murdoch purchased Barron's Weekly Financial, a periodical I read religiously my entire life. I would scoot down to Harvard Square to be the first to get it hot of the press at the famous news stands there. He totally destroyed it within a year in my view, and turned it into another advertising rag sheet filled with low quality garble. He cut the size of it in half and doubled the price immediately after taking over. He is ruthless and uncaring of anything to due with tradition. Loss Leader is not a phrase in his vocabulary.

If your a younge person my friend it might pay to buy up some back issues of Geographic and put them away as collectibles, many folks collect them already, but when Murdoch gets done with his deeds they will no doubt become treasures.  :'(

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #662 on: September 15, 2015, 09:35:03 AM »
Have taken national Geo. since we were gifted with it as young marrieds by my mother-in-law, oh-so-many years ago now. I hate to see the King of All Media get involved. Nothing good can come of it.

Coming soon...

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline vwclown

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 15, 2015, 09:41:29 AM »
GO:  "Everything will be completed obliterated that made it something special.  These fucking pigs just cannot get enough control and power, they won't leave anything sacred the fuck alone.  :'(  " 

You're so right!  And I don't think it could be more accurately expressed.  Surly has shown us what to expect from our beloved magazine's upcoming editions...  LOL (but not really, eh).  Doomed we are.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #664 on: September 15, 2015, 09:43:45 AM »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 15, 2015, 09:45:37 AM »

Coming soon...

:laugh: :laugh: :exp-grin: :exp-laugh: :exp-laugh: :exp-laugh:

That's Piggy Rupert's quality journalism and educational work for sure Surly. No doubt about it.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #666 on: September 15, 2015, 09:47:42 AM »

Steve Cutts.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #667 on: September 16, 2015, 08:30:37 AM »

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 17, 2015, 03:24:12 AM »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Monument to the Age of Oil
« Reply #669 on: September 20, 2015, 04:17:32 AM »

H/T r/collapse

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #670 on: September 24, 2015, 07:07:45 AM »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #671 on: September 24, 2015, 10:45:58 AM »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #672 on: September 26, 2015, 06:20:09 PM »

Part of that foreign policy that keeps us all living under Cheneylaw rather than Napoleonic.

ISIS only exists because Pres. Bush and his puppet master, Dick Cheney, invaded Iraq under false pretenses in order to enrich their military contractor buddies (Cheney's own Halliburton profited $39 billion).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 06:45:22 PM by Surly1 »

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #673 on: September 26, 2015, 11:19:36 PM »

Mission impossible.  :evil4:
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #674 on: September 26, 2015, 11:46:59 PM »

Part of that foreign policy that keeps us all living under Cheneylaw rather than Napoleonic.

ISIS only exists because Pres. Bush and his puppet master, Dick Cheney, invaded Iraq under false pretenses in order to enrich their military contractor buddies (Cheney's own Halliburton profited $39 billion).

Yep. There is a long tradition backing Cheney's MO (see 'Destructive Creations' peddled as 'Creative Destructions:evil4:).

We all know that everybody on Wall Street lies whenever necessary to make a lot of money. But since 2012 we know that at least one fourth of them tell the truth in surveys...

A Quarter Of Wall Street Executives Say You Have To Be Unethical To Succeed

Jul. 10, 2012, 5:12 PM
According to a report released today by Labaton Sucharow, a shocking 24 percent of financial executives from the US and UK believe that it is necessary "to engage in unethical or illegal conduct in order to be successful."

Perhaps more surprising, 26 percent of the 500 senior executives polled said they actually knew about immoral behavior going on in the work place.

http://www.businessinsider.com/a-quarter-of-wall-street-executives-think-unethical-activity-is-required-to-succeed-2012-7

Shocking? SURPRISING!!?

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 11:49:35 PM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.