AuthorTopic: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant Returns!  (Read 43831 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Frostbite Falls Daily Rant Returns!
« on: February 23, 2014, 01:13:57 AM »

http://ohbriggsy.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/poltergeist_theyre_back1-300x178.pngOff the keyboard of RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

….this time, it’s AUDIO!

Published on the Doomstead Diner on February 23, 2014

FrostbiteFalls

Discuss this article at the Frostbite Falls Daily Rant table inside the Diner

Going back a few years when I was blogging with Jim Quinn on The Burning Platform, I eventually started an Every Other Day Blog called The Frostbite Falls Daily Rant.  I was writing a lot during this period, since it was really all I was doing each night as I cruised the Wide World of Collapse.

Times change of course, and after bidding Sayonara to TBP for a while and holing up on the Yahoo Groups on my Reverse Engineering board, like Puff the Magic Dragon, the FFDR sadly slipped into its grave in the closet, with no Little Jackie Collapse dropping in to play with him each day. :(

With the opening of the Doomstead Diner just about exactly 2 years ago, I revived the FFDR as a Thread inside the Diner on our Forum Software.  It’s about 65 pages deep now, with a potpourri of Collapse Errata in it, but it has never had the kind of Front Page Blog play that the old FFDR did when Jim published it on TBP.

In the last year, the Diner has expanded into Multimedia, offering up Podcasts and Vidcasts with a variety of Collapse Pundits, which ended up with me becoming more conversant with Audio Editing, Uploads and Publication.  So last week I had a Brainstorm, I could resurrect the FFDR as a regular RADIO TALK SHOW!  Not a full blown El Rushbo type thing, just a quick synopsis of some Doom Topic or Topics currently HOT in Doom-o-sphere chat by the Pundits and Commentariat of the various Blogs.

This had still more appeal to me due to Nostalgia for my roots in Pirate Radio back in the 70s & early 80s.  So now, the NEW Frostbite Falls Daily Rant is BORN, and will appear regularly on the Blog, where you will find a Widget for it right at the Top of the Right Hand Menu Bar on the Blog Homepage.  The most recent on the Chinese Shadow Banking Collapse appears at the top of the page here,  and I have produced 2 more already as well, one on Near Term Human Extinction and another one to introduce the show.  If you don’t catch them in the Blog Widget, they are also published inside the Diner in the Frostbite Falls Daily Rant thread.

http://members.shaw.ca/fffff/fffff.jpg

The nice thing far as I am concerned is that unlike writing a decent length Blog, you can record one of these things in a few minutes, add a few minutes more for cleaning up the audio and uploading it, and POOF, it is done.  30 minutes max.  A decent blog with all the multimedia I like to include on the other hand takes 3-4 hours usually, sometimes more if it is a real big one. I don’t have time to write 3-4 of these per week anymore, frankly just getting one out for Sunday Brunch each week is a challenge with all the rest of the shit going on at the Diner and on our new SUN project. Of course, you won’t get all the detail you would in a Blog, but then lots of folks always complained I wrote TOO MUCH detail and too long, so this works for the Short Attention Span people pretty well.

Also good for the Time Constrained people who have such Bizzy Lives they can’t devote themselves like I do to hours upon hours every night researching the Latest in Doom. :)   Now, instead of reading about it, you can DOWNLOAD THE DOOM OF THE DAY to your MP3 player and catch up while you do your Gardening or Drive to Work or flipping Burgers on the BBQ. :D

Now, at around 5-10 minutes a pop here, I won’t be covering every last Doom Story of the Day, just picking out some highlights.  I always stop by all the main Doom Outlets and good alternative Media sites to the MSM, so there should be plenty of juicy Doom stories to follow up on later if you so desire.

The Internet won’t last forever here, but while it does last it provides a fabulous medium for communication anyone can access with some ingenuity.  What I am doing does NOT cost a lot of money.  Really, I spend more in a week on beer than I spend in a month on ALL the accounts I have for web space for the various Diner products (granted, my Beer Bill is not insignificant. LOL).  In fact you can do it all for free if you wanna deal with some minor limitations and 3rd party Ads.

Anybody who wants to get up a website and/or forum that concerns itself with dealing with the Collapse and eliminating Industrialization, the Bilderbergers and Capitalism from the face of the earth, me and the Database Cavalry from California will assist you in getting said website up.  I have GOBS of server space, so you can hitch a ride on my space for free too with no Ads, no Google enslavement.

The more in this, the merrier.  Power of NUMBERS.

IT IS TIME TO PUMP UP THE VOLUME!

RE

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:58:47 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant Returns!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 10:03:56 PM »
Hey!  My Audio FFDR on Near Term Human Extinction is doing REALLY well with the publication on NBL!  Over 200 Listens in ONE DAY!  The China Rant got 40 listens so far after publication on TBP!

That is the Good Newz after the weekend of Paranoia Bad Newz here on the Diner itself.

I'll do one on Ukraine tonight.  Not a bad start.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
AUDIO FFDR #4: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 11:05:49 PM »
Latest Rant on Ukrainian Economics and Political Conflict

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline monsta666

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 06:58:19 AM »
I was speaking to some work colleagues last week about the situation in Ukraine. Now a number number of my colleagues are Polish and the one thing they noted is that the Western media has been rather tardy in reporting the conflicts in Ukraine. According to them this unease in Ukraine had gone on for a good two months and has been reported in the Polish news before the big Western media outlets became bothered enough to report. If that is true then this would bear some similarities to the Wall Street Movement were initially the media almost actively avoided the news. It also poses the question if true why would CNN, BBC etc. not want to report on the conflicts? In any case it will be interesting to see what develops from this story.

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 10:49:55 PM »
It also poses the question if true why would CNN, BBC etc. not want to report on the conflicts?
Simple... because they don't feel the audience would be interested.  Because, quite frankly, unless it affects J6P, he doesn't care.  Now, when it gets to the level of possibly developing into world war, then people want to know about it. 
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline monsta666

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 11:30:58 PM »
Simple... because they don't feel the audience would be interested.  Because, quite frankly, unless it affects J6P, he doesn't care.  Now, when it gets to the level of possibly developing into world war, then people want to know about it.

I can understand the American media behaving in this manner but I feel the BBC tend to report on this type of news even before it escalated into the situation we have today i.e. if there is only a lot of unrest and the country is not on the brink of war. This is more true if the tension happens to occur in Europe which isn't so far from England. What I would expect if there was little interest is for the story to peter out rather quickly due to the reasons you cited.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FFDR #5 2/25/14 Student Loans
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 04:06:35 PM »
I forgot my phone at work last night so I wasn't bogged down in doing Internet tasks.  So in this case I wrote the script and then read from it instead of just talking.  Is this substantially better?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
Re: FFDR #5 2/25/14 Student Loans
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 05:09:30 PM »
I forgot my phone at work last night so I wasn't bogged down in doing Internet tasks.  So in this case I wrote the script and then read from it instead of just talking.  Is this substantially better?
There were some very noticeable differences.  You talked much quicker with fewer pauses, so it seemed to flow better.  On the other hand, the overall volume seemed lower, and the inflections seemed more varied and unnatural, so it took more effort to understand what you were saying.  Overall I'd say the pluses equaled the minuses, so do whichever is easier for you.

I am enjoying this series.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 06:05:36 PM »
There were some very noticeable differences.  You talked much quicker with fewer pauses, so it seemed to flow better.  On the other hand, the overall volume seemed lower, and the inflections seemed more varied and unnatural, so it took more effort to understand what you were saying.  Overall I'd say the pluses equaled the minuses, so do whichever is easier for you.

Much tighter. Fewer pauses, less pause between phrases, much better narrative.  :emthup:

WHD

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 09:33:52 PM »

Not sure why the recording came in lower, all the settings were the same.

If I have time I will write the scripts first.  It adds about 20 minutes keyboarding time, but fewer edits to the audio so that goes a little faster.  Good aspect is I have a transcript to go with the Audio.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FFDR #6 2/26/2014: Credit, Debt, Energy and Peak Oil
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 03:12:02 AM »
An explanation of why Peak Oil is not as crucial to monetary system collapse as Peak Credit.  Scripted.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FFDR #8 2/28/2014: Collapse All Around You
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 12:36:52 AM »

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Audio Frostbite Falls Daily Rant Archive
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 01:48:20 AM »
Great stuff.  :emthup:
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 05:57:18 AM »
This little franchise is getting better all the time.

Still got to get rid of the squeaky chair, though....

But it's worth the time.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 06:54:41 AM »
This little franchise is getting better all the time.

Still got to get rid of the squeaky chair, though....

But it's worth the time.

I thought the battery in my fire alarm went bad.

WHD