AuthorTopic: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant Returns!  (Read 42171 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
SUPERSTAR OF DOOM!
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 12:39:34 AM »
Doom All Around You made 200 Listens in 2 Days!

Get that bronze order ready for the RE Statue Surly!  :icon_mrgreen:

RE, SUPERSTAR OF DOOM!

LOL

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: SUPERSTAR OF DOOM!
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2014, 03:09:54 AM »
Doom All Around You made 200 Listens in 2 Days!

Get that bronze order ready for the RE Statue Surly!  :icon_mrgreen:

RE, SUPERSTAR OF DOOM!

LOL

RE

Well done.

My offer of a nine volt battery to quiet your bats fucking still stands.

In today's offering, if you paid attention and listened intently, I believe you could hear the Orkin Man organizing his tools...
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SUPERSTAR OF DOOM!
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2014, 03:32:19 AM »

My offer of a nine volt battery to quiet your bats fucking still stands.

Actually, I already bought a 2 package of 9V batteries.  I just haven't got round yet to fixing it.  I am a big procrastinator on stuff like this.

In today's offering, if you paid attention and listened intently, I believe you could hear the Orkin Man organizing his tools...

Yea, but I thought I soft-pedalled it nicely with the "Permanent Vacation" reference.  :icon_mrgreen:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4Djqdizdi4?feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4Djqdizdi4?feature=player_detailpage</a>

Some folks would be well advised these days to take a PERMANENT VACATION.  In fact, a few JPMC Banksters have done that.   :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: FFDR #10- CERA Energy Week Conference
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2014, 10:02:11 AM »

Amnesty for everybody.

Now, if I hear that sim card beep again, I'm not going to listen to the rest of the rant.   :o

WHD

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FFDR #10- CERA Energy Week Conference
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2014, 03:53:55 PM »
Amnesty for everybody.

You would pardon Charles Manson and Ted Bundy?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FFDR #11-No Snow Iditarod
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2014, 04:44:20 AM »
You will notice something MISSING from this rant.  NO MORE FUCKING BATS!  :icon_mrgreen:

Yes, I risked Life & Limb today to climb up on my chair and replace the battery in the Smoke Detector!  I survived this adventure unscathed.  The Finger of God!  LOL.

Tonight's Rant is about the lack of Snow for the Iditarod, along with the changing nature of Sport through the Age of Oil.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: FFDR #11-No Snow Iditarod
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2014, 01:50:53 PM »
You will notice something MISSING from this rant.  NO MORE FUCKING BATS!  :icon_mrgreen:

Yes, I risked Life & Limb today to climb up on my chair and replace the battery in the Smoke Detector!  I survived this adventure unscathed.  The Finger of God!  LOL.

Well I'll be damned . . . and here I thought the bats were a feature rather than a bug... just part of the shtick.

Now I'll have to find something else to needle you about.   :exp-laugh:   :exp-laugh:
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FFDR #12- Collapse of the Chinese Credit Bubble
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2014, 12:11:02 AM »
It's SHOWTIME!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant Returns!
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2014, 02:52:23 AM »
Another good one, IMO.

And remarkably bat-free.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FFDR #13: Ukraine Redux
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 02:16:29 AM »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FFDR #14- Global Doom Report
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2014, 12:35:55 AM »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FFDR 15-3/17/14: Crimea Referendum
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2014, 12:47:13 AM »

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
Re: FFDR 15-3/17/14: Crimea Referendum
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2014, 10:52:07 AM »
I'm sorry, RE, in my opinion you really missed it on this one.  This referendum is NOT valid, it is being held under duress, there literally is someone holding a gun to their heads -- only, IT'S NOT PUTIN.  It's the pro-West Ukranian nationalists who are forcing the Crimeans into the arms of the Russians for protection.  There is plenty of indications that their natural preference would be for a Swiss-style federation of Ukraine, governed neither by the EU nor Russia.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline monsta666

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2014, 11:59:30 AM »
I'm sorry, RE, in my opinion you really missed it on this one.  This referendum is NOT valid, it is being held under duress, there literally is someone holding a gun to their heads -- only, IT'S NOT PUTIN.  It's the pro-West Ukranian nationalists who are forcing the Crimeans into the arms of the Russians for protection.  There is plenty of indications that their natural preference would be for a Swiss-style federation of Ukraine, governed neither by the EU nor Russia.

While an argument can certainly be made that the referendum was committed under duress and this could have affected the vote I do not think it is likely the outcome would have changed. The people from Crimea are pretty pro-Russia so it is likely they would have voted for joining Russia even if there was no military presence the only difference being the vote maybe 70% in favour as opposed to 95%.

I did talk about these results with some Polish work colleagues who take a far greater interest on this matter due to Ukraine being that much closer to Poland and their stance is while mainland Ukraine would not want to join Russia they could do see the Crimeans genuinely wanting to join. I do feel even with a honest referendum it is likely the outcome will be the same. In fact I think it is highly probable a more neutral referendum could take place with some counter NATO presence to insure there is no bias.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »

Well in this sense just about all elections are held under "duress" these days.  John McCain will Threaten the voters that if they don't vote for him, more big buildings will be hit by 747 Jumbo Jets and Suicide Bombers will attack every Preschool in your town.

The main difference is that Ukraine is descending into failed state status already, so the violence has been steadily increasing since neither side can solve their economic woes.  Putin is trying to send in a big Police Force to calm it down, but it is unlikely to work.  Given these parameters, it makes CFS for the Crimeans to vote for lining up with Mother Russia.  Going it alone in some sort of Swiss Federation style is a non-starter, they don't have the Money to go it alone.  Line up with Putin or line up with Brussels, those are the choices.   Putin is right next door and has tanks and military bases in town.  He has a bit more firepower than Brussels to keep the peace, which is really what the Crimeans want.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN