AuthorTopic: Gold & Silver News  (Read 408309 times)

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News
« Reply #2490 on: December 12, 2018, 09:57:06 PM »

Dear Readers, It is impossible to understate this nations importance to the Gold market.

It seems a massive spending of scrip and lowering of interest rates is desired by the wizard elitist in charge who knows what's best for the unwashed mass of imbeciles that hoard gold. Their Central Bank has become as "independent" as ours it would appear.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: December 12, 2018, 10:19:49 PM »
 The other nation of a billion citizens the world pays so little attention to compared to the other.  :icon_scratch:

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: December 22, 2018, 04:32:29 AM »
 Dear Readers, Fellow Gold Bugs, There are still some citizens among us who understand what sound honest stable money is and what the adoption of bankster scrip has done to us and our beloved nation. While a small step and unlikely to garner much attention, it is always possible this documentary may reach people who can save us for the sake of our nation, children and grandchildren.

On this message of hope, I would like to wish you all a happy holiday season.     Regards, Golden Oxen

'In Money We Trust?'

-Editorial of The New York Sun | December 22, 2018

https://www.nysun.com/editorials/in-money-we-trust/90509/

Coming soon to a public television station near you is a documentary favoring the gold standard. If that seems improbable it may be from underestimating the determination of Steve Forbes. He is the author of the book “Money,” on which the film is based. The book is about how, in the words of its subtitle, the destruction of the dollar threatens the global economy and what we can do about it.

The book was first brought out in 2014. At the time, the Sun dubbed Mr. Forbes the “anti-Piketty” — that is, the best answerer of the economist Thos. Piketty, then in vogue for his complaints about inequality. Mr. Forbes’ brilliant book nailed the point that the inequality so many were complaining about had burgeoned after our government abandoned a stable, gold-based dollar.

At the time, it looked to us as if the idea of monetary reform might prosper in Congress. And it did, at least in the House (more on which in moment). It failed in the Senate. Not for lack of trying by Mr. Forbes. The significance of the new documentary is that it may restore some lift to this issue, as the film starts to make its way around the public broadcasting stations.

We certainly hope so. The genre of the t.v. documentary forces filmmakers to get to the pith. Mr. Forbes goes right to it in the title of the film, “In Money We Trust?” He and those he interviews on camera drill in on the consequences of the loss, after we delinked the dollar from gold in the 1970s, of trust in our national currency. It touched off a crisis of trust more generalized than money.

The documentary includes an illuminating interview with the former chairman of the Federal Reserve, Paul Volcker. It strikes us as newsworthy, in that Mr. Volcker comes across as much more concerned about stable, honest money than one might guess from his public reserve in the years since he was at the Fed. He ridicules a goal of 2% inflation, worrying it could creep to 3% or 4% or more.

An astonishing array of the luminaries in the cause of honest money in the past generation are interviewed in the film. They include, to name but a few, Judy Shelton, Larry White, James Grant, Nathan Lewis, and Art Laffer. The film illuminates the fact that there is a full field of articulate advocates for a gold standard, come the day — or to hasten the day — when Congress is ready pick up this issue.

Which brings us back to the House. The day after we watched Mr. Forbes’ film, we watched the Speaker, Paul Ryan, deliver his farewell address. Covering him over the years, we’d come to appreciate his attention to the gold question. In 2010, shortly after the value of the dollar collapsed to less than a 1,200th of an ounce of gold, he put the gold question to Chairman Bernanke.

The leader of the world’s most powerful central bank hemmed about other commodity prices, then hawed about how he didn’t “fully” understand the movements in the gold price. He finally managed that “some people believe that holding gold will be a hedge against the fact that they view many other investments as being risky and hard to predict at this point.”

We suggested at the time that Mr. Ryan could make a presidential campaign out of such refusal to acknowledge the culpability of the Fed itself. In the event, Mr. Ryan ran for vice president with Governor Romney. Congressman Ron Paul teed up the monetary issue in the primaries. The GOP responded by putting a monetary reform plank in the platform. Mr. Romney failed to stand on it and went down to a historic defeat.

Mr. Ryan rebounded as Speaker in October 2015. Within weeks the House passed a major monetary bill, the Fed Oversight, Reform, and Modernization Act. We called it a monetary reform “trifecta,” in that it included a) a requirement that the Fed establish a monetary rule and make it known, b) Dr. Paul’s “Audit the Fed” bill to provide for full oversight by Congress, and c) a monetary commission.

Yet the FORM Act and subsequent improvements died in the Senate. President Trump stood on essentially the same monetary reform planks as the 2012 platform, but went further than Mr. Romney had gone. Yet once in the White House, even Mr. Trump dropped monetary reform. So Mr. Forbes’ film becomes an urgent reminder that this most fundamental of all issues awaits action as our economy is on knife edge and our leaders are desperate for signals they can trust.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uO-afylStAg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uO-afylStAg</a>

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: December 24, 2018, 10:18:58 AM »
Dow Cracks ANOTHER 650 MAKING THIS THE WORST DECEMBER IN HISTORY SO FAR!

GOLD UP 14 BUCKS as Mnuchin Tells everyone that "All is Well" after an emergency Bankster Meeting   ::)

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: December 26, 2018, 03:52:07 AM »

zerohedge.com

Breakthrough: Chinese Scientists Turn Copper Into 'Gold'

A team of Chinese researchers from the Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Liaoning, has transformed copper into a new material “almost identical” to gold, according to a new study published in the peer-reviewed journal Science Advances, and first reported by the South China Morning Post on Saturday.

Professor Sun Jian and his team of scientist blasted a copper target with a stream of hot, electrically charged argon gas. The fast-moving ionized particles smashed the copper atoms. The atoms cooled and condensed on the surface of a collecting device, producing a thin layer of sand.

South China Morning Post said each grain of sand measured a few nanometers, or a thousandth of the size of a bacterium.

The researchers placed the material in a reaction chamber and used it as a catalyst to turn coal to alcohol, a complex and intricate chemical process that only precious metals can handle efficiently.

"The copper nanoparticles achieved catalytic performance extremely similar to that of gold or silver,” Sun said in a statement on Saturday.

“The results … proved that after processing, metal copper can transform from ‘chicken’ to ‘phoenix’,” claimed Sun, who was not available for comment.

Copper has a similar weight and looks to gold.

The research paper notes that the new material based on copper can replace gold and silver in the manufacturing process of electronic devices, which requires significant amounts of precious metals.

This would be a game changer for the Chinese manufacturing complex.

Copper, alone, cannot function as well as gold in industrial applications, due to fewer electrons.

These electrons are unstable, so copper tends to react more efficiently when combined with other chemicals.

The procedure developed by Sun’s team can inject a large amount of energy into copper atoms and made the electrons more dense and stable, they said.

"The new material can resist high temperatures, oxidization, and erosion," according to the researchers.

It is “like a warrior with golden armor in a battlefield, capable of withstanding any enemy assault,” they said.

The new material will be of little use for counterfeiters since its density remains the same as copper, therefore making fake gold bars with it would be worthless.

However, the new material would revolutionize industries with readily available and inexpensive raw materials, adding to the deflationary pressures.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: December 30, 2018, 08:42:02 PM »
Hoarding gold is one  idea that I think needs to be examined thoroughly

That's why I'm here. It's the one topic I feel most confident in explaining and am most knowledgeable about.

Feel free to ask. Seek and You shall find. GO is here to help. Clearing the fog about the precious metal is my specialty and a  most difficult task that has occupied my time for over a half century now.   

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: December 30, 2018, 09:03:23 PM »
I listened already. You did not persuade me.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: December 30, 2018, 09:51:55 PM »
I listened already. You did not persuade me.

Quite alright. It's a quite common and expected reaction.

Keep in mind that persuasion is not my endeavour, it's teaching. As a Libertarian you could choose to hoard sea shells and it would be okay with me. Just letting you know that I'm a monetary historian, not a salesman, per chance you were thinking I were a Jim Blanchard or Howard Ruff type trying to sell something as you suggested in your defamatory comment earlier on.

Like Johnny Appleseed I merely plant facts about gold in the minds of those who have been brainwashed with lies and propaganda by the banksters and corrupted governments that profit mightily from their fiat credit scrip which is the antitheses of the precious yellow. Sometimes they flourish and grow but mostly my fact seeds lay dormant in the not very fertile minds of those having undergone a thorough brainwashing.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #2498 on: December 31, 2018, 11:22:48 AM »

That's why I'm here. It's the one topic I feel most confident in explaining and am most knowledgeable about.

Feel free to ask. Seek and You shall find. GO is here to help. Clearing the fog about the precious metal is my specialty and a  most difficult task that has occupied my time for over a half century now.   

Was just wondering if you know offhand what the oldest discovered golden artifact is?

I found this regarding a bead found in Bulgaria: World's Oldest Gold Object May Have Just Been Unearthed in Bulgaria,  but that's Europe. And I expect Asia and China finds date much earlier but didn't find evidence.

Men have been storing up golden thingies since the advent of smelting, I guess. What led me down this line of thought was that people have been storing up golden objects from the time we started creating them.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: December 31, 2018, 02:51:51 PM »

Was just wondering if you know offhand what the oldest discovered golden artifact is?

I found this regarding a bead found in Bulgaria: World's Oldest Gold Object May Have Just Been Unearthed in Bulgaria,  but that's Europe. And I expect Asia and China finds date much earlier but didn't find evidence.

Men have been storing up golden thingies since the advent of smelting, I guess. What led me down this line of thought was that people have been storing up golden objects from the time we started creating them.

It's generally considered Bulgaria Surly, as you presented, but like you I don't believe it.

There is little doubt in my mind that a real gold artifact, one of a lot more substance and artistically involved work will be unearthed in Egypt. I also have a skeptical eye about the authenticity of the  Bulgaria find but as you point out is interesting trivia but that's about all.

Amazing how gold has evolved from it's early status as the sacred flesh of the Egyptian god, to it's throne as the world's most revered and treasured money.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: December 31, 2018, 04:01:21 PM »
Keep in mind that persuasion is not my endeavour, it's teaching.

Don't quit your day job.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: January 09, 2019, 04:32:55 AM »

British Gold Sovereign Queen Victoria

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: January 13, 2019, 05:53:47 AM »

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News - Goldman Predicts Gold Prices to Climb to $1,425 in 2019
« Reply #2503 on: January 13, 2019, 06:50:28 AM »
 Dear Readers, This is a headline that would normally send GO running for the hills and closing out his long trading positions. While expecting a pullback here after gold's major run the past few months I caution you not to read this with the usual apprehension about it's source.

Why GO??  :icon_scratch:  As, we all know Goldman Suchs. It is because dear readers, GO has discovered through close reading of Mr Ted Butlers research and opinions the conclusion that Goldman Suchs is the major long on the Comex (CRIMEX) futures exchange.                                                 
                                                                                                                                     Regards,GO                                                                                                                                                               

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News - Goldman Predicts Gold Prices to Climb to $1,425 in 2019
« Reply #2504 on: January 13, 2019, 11:44:47 AM »
Dear Readers, This is a headline that would normally send GO running for the hills and closing out his long trading positions. While expecting a pullback here after gold's major run the past few months I caution you not to read this with the usual apprehension about it's source.

Why GO??  :icon_scratch:  As, we all know Goldman Suchs. It is because dear readers, GO has discovered through close reading of Mr Ted Butlers research and opinions the conclusion that Goldman Suchs is the major long on the Comex (CRIMEX) futures exchange.                                                 
                                                                                                                                     Regards,GO                                                                                                                                                               

One thing about price predictions by investment banks like GS...there is a record of those, and you can check it...so I did.

GS got it wrong in 2104

GS got it wrong in 2015

GS got it wrong in 2016

GS got right in 2017

GS got it wrong in 2018

Look it up for yourself.

So..based on silly things like data and history, Goldman predictions have about a 20% chance of being right.

One thing IS clear...the big banks are betting against the dollar, taking huge positions in physical metals. That tells us what they expect to happen...and they generally don't mind being early, since they've been pursuing this strategy for several years.

The question is...how can they be so sure they're right? And the assumption must be that the game is rigged, and that they have the inside skinny on when the card on the bottom of the house of cards gets taken out. Or they cause it to happen, when they get the word from above.

The dollar is weakening You can see that on the chart. But it isn't falling through the floor.....not at all. Maybe $1450 gold is reasonable.....it looks reasonable to me, just based on pure technicals. If so, that's a 12.5% gain for 2019.

Ho fuckin' hum.

Get some perspective. We still spend dollars, not gold coins. $10,000 gold is a 6.77X gain from here in the coin of the realm.

$25K gold would be less than a 20X in 2109 dollars. Many of the doom voices for the USD, like Dalio and others, claim the Reserve Currency status of the USD is worth 30%. If the dollar loses 30% and gold comes up that much, gold will be worth a whopping $1700, by my math.

If you have a LOT of wealth, gold is a fine way to store it (but hardly the only way)  If you need to make money with your money, there are several better alternatives.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.