PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Gold & Silver News

AuthorTopic: Gold & Silver News  (Read 429450 times)

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News
« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2012, 06:06:44 PM »
I wonder if Turkey can really avoid IMF loans in future, they have been included as part of Europe financially and NATO but are realy part of the middle east, they are very important strategically as a large area frontier to both middle east and old soviet bloc central asia/eastern europe. Accepting being part of Europe and part of NATO has meant a big military beyond their means. Maybe it has something to do with  tradition and pride of being the former Ottoman empire, good on him for speaking out anyway.

Yes, Good for him Unc, speaking the truth always is worthy of praise.

His statement  "Why do we not switch then to a monetary unit such as gold, which is at the very least an international constant and indicator which has maintained its HONOR throughout history. This is something to think about." made my day.

Not gold bug talk, but the words of a government leader outside our small gold community, has filled me with hope that gold is at last being seen as the solution to our financial problem, much as it's abandonment was the cause of the paper debt Frankenstein stalking the earth recently. 

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News: Bart Chilton Appears To Be Trying To Rid the Odor
« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2012, 06:41:24 AM »
The judge squashing everything a day before was heartbreaking and spoke volumes to me about our legal system!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eMux5ty90g0&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eMux5ty90g0&fs=1</a>

:icon_study: :icon_study: :icon_study:

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News:Prison of Debt Paralyzes West, Playing Poker w Trillions
« Reply #197 on: November 19, 2012, 04:11:41 AM »

Creating Money out of Thin Air

Until 1971, gold was the benchmark of the US dollar, with one ounce of pure gold corresponding to $35, and the dollar was the fixed benchmark of all Western currencies. But when the United States began to need more and more dollars for the Vietnam War, and the global economy grew so quickly that using gold as a benchmark became a constraint, countries abandoned the system of fixed exchange rates. A new phase of the global economy began, and two processes were set in motion: the liberation of the financial markets from limited money supplies, which was mostly beneficial; and the liberation of countries from limited revenues, which was mostly detrimental. This money bubble continued to inflate for four decades, as central banks were able to create money out of thin air, banks were able to provide seemingly unlimited credit, and consumers and governments were able to go into debt without restraint.

This continued until the biggest credit bubble in history began to burst: first in the United States, because banks had bundled the mortgages of millions of Americans, whose only asset was a house bought on credit, into worthless securities; then around the globe, because banks had foisted these securities onto customers in many countries; and, finally, when these banks began to totter, debt-ridden countries turned private debt into public debt until they too began to totter, and could only borrow money from banks at even higher interest rates than before.

At the moment, the world has only one approach to getting out of this labyrinth of debt: incurring trillions in additional debt.   :icon_study:

image 426133 galleryV9 dqjk
image 426133 galleryV9 dqjk

www.spiegel.de/international/business/playing-poker-with-trillions-a-prison-of-debt-on-both-sides-of-the-atlantic-a-867404.html     :icon_study:

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News: We Have a Shortage of Gold-Eric Sprott
« Reply #198 on: November 20, 2012, 05:57:03 AM »
Sprott claims the central bank gold isn't there.   :Thinkingof_:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gk600gFnlrk&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gk600gFnlrk&fs=1</a>

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News: A Currency War Simulation Jim Rickards
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2012, 07:13:02 AM »
In this video, Jim Rickards offers a play-by-play war game simulation involving China's use of derivatives in securing large amounts of gold, a collapse of the euro, and a move by Iran to close the Strait of Hormuz.  :icon_study:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdPkaCTdxBU&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kdPkaCTdxBU&fs=1</a>

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2012, 08:43:38 AM »
scary stuff, GO. It just never mentioned a wider miltary as well as financial war. I think a war with iran and israel will happen by may at the latest and march at the earliest, thats going to put the price of oil up double and that will be it, a blow that never gets recovered in the world economy. after that I just dont know but you can see what they are preparing for. Im sure in any case if you have not sold off and liquidated all assets before then it will be too late.

ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2012, 09:40:58 AM »
scary stuff, GO. It just never mentioned a wider miltary as well as financial war. I think a war with iran and israel will happen by may at the latest and march at the earliest, thats going to put the price of oil up double and that will be it, a blow that never gets recovered in the world economy. after that I just dont know but you can see what they are preparing for. Im sure in any case if you have not sold off and liquidated all assets before then it will be too late.

It sure is frightening stuff Unc, got me thinking today about Ka's theory of a big time engineered smack down. I live in constant fear now after 9/11 and all the subsequent Patriot act horrors they have done to us.

I woke up one morning last year with my money stolen from a primary Government dealer MF global, it taught me how easily and how fast you can be wiped out by these vermin, liquidating doesn't even solve the problem anymore, they will steal your cash balances, and if that doesn't work issue a new currency and declare yours as no good and illegal. Peter is correct when he says they have all the bases covered. It is all very depressing and most disheartening, we are like cattle waiting to be sent to the slaughter house.

Offline monsta666

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2012, 01:00:48 PM »
I woke up one morning last year with my money stolen from a primary Government dealer MF global, it taught me how easily and how fast you can be wiped out by these vermin, liquidating doesn't even solve the problem anymore, they will steal your cash balances, and if that doesn't work issue a new currency and declare yours as no good and illegal. Peter is correct when he says they have all the bases covered. It is all very depressing and most disheartening, we are like cattle waiting to be sent to the slaughter house.

I am sorry to hear that Golden Oxen. It makes you that the powers that be can really defraud the masses from any investment even that of gold. It is not impossible to protect yourself perhaps but you really do have to be careful. I am hopeful that some justice will come in time.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2012, 02:54:16 PM »
The solution is to live as off the Money Economy as you can, then TPTB can't steal from you because you have nothing to steal.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2012, 04:43:21 PM »

Ah I see, Im afraid this explains something extremely frustrating for me. I would say you are probably about the same generation roughly as my father hes 63, the "silents" first boomers as RE calls them and as unshakably cornucopian as an ostrich, Just as RE has characterised and classified them. The difference between you and him is it simply has not happened yet to him but will.

No matter what I say there is some dismissive answer. Two days ago I told him they are planning to Increase the death/inheritance tax from 35% to 55% in the US and lower the exemption from 5m$ to 1m$. He said they will just quickly hand over the properties before the legislation comes into force, and they will get lawyers to deal with it.  I said Farmers and family businessses hit by the drought and depression do not have spare change of 35% of their value, and lawyers always leave you broker than ever.

This all falls on deaf ears literally. I have told him he needs to get a hearing aid, you must shout for him and then because he can not hear himself he often mumbles, but he ignores that too, even though hes still working as an engineer in contact with people all the time, prefacing everything with "Ehhh?" lol. Borrowing to the max on useless ventures means he has to work until he dies.

Just yetserday I had to remind him that I had no excess left over and taken a huge loss from the sale of the last property I sold which finalizes in about a week. Ive told him to forget any stupid stalled developments and just sell out while there is still value in some assets (the ones I found and managed and worked on) even though they are slowly going down about 5% a year. I have said just get out of debt and buy gold, but no. Others have noticed that after every such conversation about collapse he goes and has a smoke. Anyway just one more story of someone insisting everything will be fine come hell or high water until you get hit by the truck.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 04:57:25 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2012, 06:54:53 PM »
The solution is to live as off the Money Economy as you can, then TPTB can't steal from you because you have nothing to steal.

RE

You are probably correct in theory, but in my current situation I would rather have something to steal rather than nothing to steal. It's a bad enough world to deal in with plenty of dough, I sure would hate to wake up in the morning without any, it would be a lot crueler and a lot colder, at least for the present.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2012, 07:54:54 PM »
Ah I see, Im afraid this explains something extremely frustrating for me. I would say you are probably about the same generation roughly as my father hes 63, the "silents" first boomers as RE calls them and as unshakably cornucopian as an ostrich, Just as RE has characterised and classified them. The difference between you and him is it simply has not happened yet to him but will.

Yes Unc, In the same age group as your dad, but have been a Doomer since my early twenties. Doom is an old business for me having had the pleasure to become acquainted with the works of C V Myers, Dr Franz Pick, William H Tehan and many others of their ilk while a teenager.

Vern Myers had the most influence on me and I am indebted to him for all he has taught me. Myer's was actually placed in prison in Canada for instigating public fear and warning of a banking collapse, which of course happened. The judge finally let him go remarking that he had received letters of praise of Myers and condemnation of his imprisonment from well intentioned people around the globe, it is astounding the judge said, the number of devoted followers you have. It was a proud day for me when Vern got released as I had been one of the many who wrote the court. 

The thing that shocked me about my loss at MF Global was the ease at which it was stolen. The just went into my account, stole the money, laughed in my face, and I can still see Corzine grinning. The surprise was the ease, not the event itself. What was particularly odious was the fact I had no positions at the time just a cash balance. There is no longer any doubt in my mind we are totally vulnerable to these pigs.

As far as your dad goes, try and understand the world appeared to be a much different place back then, the good guys always won, science cured all problems, and the government was your friend. Keep in mind also that he had the brains to bring a very smart son into the world.  :icon_sunny:

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2012, 08:08:10 PM »
Monsta666 I am sorry to hear that Golden Oxen. It makes you that the powers that be can really defraud the masses from any investment even that of gold. It is not impossible to protect yourself perhaps but you really do have to be careful. I am hopeful that some justice will come in time.

Thanks for your concern Monsta, It was  a loss I can live with. As a devoted gold bug and doomster my risks and capital are spread out not concentrated in one spot. It was however a very valuable wake up call as to how far the rot and corruption has spread. No charges have yet been filed against that Goldman Suchs pig Corzine, while they fill the prisons with pot heads and guys that write a bad check at the grocery store trying to feed their family. 

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 23, 2012, 06:46:03 AM »
No charges have yet been filed against that Goldman Suchs pig Corzine, while they fill the prisons with pot heads and guys that write a bad check at the grocery store trying to feed their family.

No surprise that a top Obama fundraiser skates on mega grand theft. 

The fact he's still alive though means all the mafias are working for the same boss.  Otherwise, considering the caliber of the people he ripped off, one family or another would have arranged his "confirmation" by now.
"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest." -  Simon and Garfunkel

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 23, 2012, 07:31:07 AM »
No charges have yet been filed against that Goldman Suchs pig Corzine, while they fill the prisons with pot heads and guys that write a bad check at the grocery store trying to feed their family.

No surprise that a top Obama fundraiser skates on mega grand theft. 

The fact he's still alive though means all the mafias are working for the same boss.  Otherwise, considering the caliber of the people he ripped off, one family or another would have arranged his "confirmation" by now.

He is definitely protected, but the mafia has been known to act when things quiet down on occasion. They have very long memories. Remember Vito's visit to Don Ciccio.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gCdXiOssbM0&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gCdXiOssbM0&fs=1</a>