PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Gold & Silver News

AuthorTopic: Gold & Silver News  (Read 428497 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News: Bill Gross: Gold is the Asset To Own for 2013
« Reply #255 on: January 03, 2013, 07:17:48 AM »

A mutual fund is restricted by it's charter as to what it can buy and the percentage allocation.

I am not sure but seem to remember hearing Pimco is going to start a gold fund or has already done so.

Whatever the case, he is serious and obviously does not make statements like this flippantly and without much contemplation and checking with his attorneys on account of his lofty and highly visible presence in the Financial world.

Bill Gross is just like the sharks at Goldman.  Publicly, he'll sell Dogshit to the Low Hanging Fruit, while Privately he takes the other side of the trade.  CFFPs Gold Chart shows sell side activity.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News
« Reply #256 on: January 03, 2013, 08:18:19 AM »
Bill Gross is just like the sharks at Goldman.  Publicly, he'll sell Dogshit to the Low Hanging Fruit, while Privately he takes the other side of the trade.  CFFPs Gold Chart shows sell side activity.

RE
He most certainly is not a saint, but I think you are being a bit harsh on the gent. He has a fairly decent reputation for what he is; and being a billionaire and pushing 70 years of age, is hardly in need of making a few more bucks.

Don't forget your ingrained hatred of the rich, even if they made their money honestly, it could be clouding your judgement on Mr Gross. Personally, I take him at his word, but have made many errors in judging people, Eliot Spitzer really fooled me, as did John Edwards, so I freely admit you could be correct about him.  :-\

As far as him being just like Goldman Suchs, I vehemently disagree.  They are the greatest pile of shit ever assembled, world class chateau packed manure, pedigreed, aged, labeled,  certified genuine turds, that proudly stand apart from all others. Holy men doing the work of the Lord as they say.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News: Gold and Bonds in Free Fall!
« Reply #257 on: January 04, 2013, 01:55:24 AM »
Gold down almost 40 dollars, Treasury Bonds in massive reversal to downside!!!!!!

Minutes of Fed Meeting hint at an early end of QE, many Fed members becoming disenchanted with continuing policy much longer.!!!!! :o ::) :icon_scratch:

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News: Famous Quote of Alan Greenspan
« Reply #258 on: January 09, 2013, 05:42:47 AM »
Before he became a scuzzball blabbing Fed Speak or Green Speak.  Nothing hard to understand here is there Diners?

CLEAR SIMPLE LANGUAGE

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect
savings from confiscation through inflation. ... This is the shabby
secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending
is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the
way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property
rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the
statists' antagonism toward the gold standard."

:icon_study: :icon_study:

Offline monsta666

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 10, 2013, 11:34:59 AM »
Saw this video today and thought of Golden Oxen. I think you would agree with much of the stuff described in this video. They mostly go on about how bad the Fed is and the insidious effect of inflation this bank creates. They attribute the decline of living standards in the past two decades from the Fed printing uncontrolled amounts of money. They say the only way this madness can end is by putting an end to the regimes of fiat currency AND fractional reserve banking with all deposits to be backed by GOLD! The video seems to be around 10 years old but I suppose that could be seen as a positive point as it just proves these people know what they were talking about and saw the crisis developing before it happened.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iYZM58dulPE&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iYZM58dulPE&fs=1</a>

I do have some disagreements with what was dished out in the video. While "money printing" or more accurate credit expansion has certainly caused problems the decline of living standards was the result of lower energy per capita. They also contend that the period of 1870 to 1913 was the golden era for the US economy and highlight this was the period of gold standard. I do not think that is entirely true as there was the long depression in that period and various other financial panics. In fact the creation of the Fed was created to reduce the number of financial panics (although the video does assert those panics was just propaganda to bring this evil thing into being).

The other issue was they say the temporal removal of the gold standard lead to the crash of 1927. Not sure about that, I do know the US's gold reserves during World War I increased substantially due to the fact many European spent at a ferocious rate and a lot of their gold went to the US to buy goods. In fact if memory serves the US gold reserves doubled around this period. It was this increased supply of gold which eventually fed into the commercial banks and allowed them to greatly expanded the money supply via fractional reserve banking. It was this extra money that fuelled the roaring 20s and lead to the subsequent crash. Gold standard did nothing to prevent this. However what made the depression worse in my eyes was the countries who tried to defend the value of gold as that just lead to more deflation. It is a fact that the countries who recovered first from the depression were the ones who left the gold standard first. This fact was omitted in the video. Instead they blamed the lack of progress on Roosevelt pursuing deficit spending policies. Ahh I have gone off on one, best to watch the video if you are interested...

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 10, 2013, 06:24:14 PM »
@ Reply to Monsta

Just finished the video Monsta, of course as you know it is my favorite song so I do not mind hearing it over and over again with different artists renditions and presentations.

Yes, I do agree with most of the points, consider them true, proven valid, and as timely today as when the video was produced.

Your comments, which I know you are sincere about, are the usual ones posed by gold detractors, and people who have learned to live under this era or currency debasement and bankster corruption. You think  you understand it and can stay ahead of it, because you are a brighter bulb than the hapless sap who has been wiped out by these ruthless cunning pricks. The trusting but dumb soul shall we call him.
Until you come to the realization that Gold is money and Fiat is bankster created ass wipes, one being honest and representing hard work and honest labor, and the other representing trickery corruption, power, control of the weak and uneducated, you will continue to nit pick with these observations that have nothing to do whatsoever with the argument of shall we have the sound honest money history gave us or the ass wipes created by banksters that have enslaved most of us.

You are one exceptionally smart young man, and I feel you will eventually see you are pointing out there are problems with some of the trees in an otherwise CLEAN natural beautiful lush forest.

1807 5 N62
1807 5 N62

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 10, 2013, 08:49:19 PM »
Until you come to the realization that Gold is money and Fiat is bankster created ass wipes, one being honest and representing hard work and honest labor, and the other representing trickery corruption, power, control of the weak and uneducated, you will continue to nit pick with these observations that have nothing to do whatsoever with the argument of shall we have the sound honest money history gave us or the ass wipes created by banksters that have enslaved most of us.

You are one exceptionally smart young man, and I feel you will eventually see you are pointing out there are problems with some of the trees in an otherwise CLEAN natural beautiful lush forest.

He who has the most gold wins, yes, GO?

Let's not pretend gold has been much less a source of madness, than fiat currency. What, some 116 Spaniards killed some 100,000 Inca? For what? Gold.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 11, 2013, 03:48:20 AM »

Let's not pretend gold has been much less a source of madness, than fiat currency. What, some 116 Spaniards killed some 100,000 Inca? For what? Gold.

You surprised me with that one WHD.

Why do the misinformed and not rational  always blame the evil actions of men on inanimate objects?

It was the guns that killed the kids, not the crazy demented SOB's.

Let's ban soda it's what makes fatsos.

Let's ban books, too many bad ideas in them.

Don't forget video games

Do you think if the Inca's had been storing fiat currency, or precious stones, or spices their fate would have been any different.

Is that why we slaughtered and scalped all our Indians WHD, for their gold holdings?

Is that why the State and banksters are on your ass all the time WHD, for your gold or your fiat, or your house?

Kindly learn to Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and to Gold what is Gold. Your distortions, obfuscations, and muddying the waters are bankster tricks and unworthy of you.   

nobody

« Reply #263 on: January 11, 2013, 07:50:51 AM »
Ox:  "Kindly learn to Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and to Gold what is Gold. Your distortions, obfuscations, and muddying the waters are bankster tricks and unworthy of you."   

Ox, Methinks thou doth protest too much. 

Can't have you calling WHD no bankster trickster.
Just can't have it.

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2013, 09:47:16 AM »

You surprised me with that one WHD.

Why do the misinformed and not rational  always blame the evil actions of men on inanimate objects?

It was the guns that killed the kids, not the crazy demented SOB's.

Let's ban soda it's what makes fatsos.

Let's ban books, too many bad ideas in them.

Don't forget video games

Do you think if the Inca's had been storing fiat currency, or precious stones, or spices their fate would have been any different.

Is that why we slaughtered and scalped all our Indians WHD, for their gold holdings?

Is that why the State and banksters are on your ass all the time WHD, for your gold or your fiat, or your house?

Kindly learn to Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and to Gold what is Gold. Your distortions, obfuscations, and muddying the waters are bankster tricks and unworthy of you.   

Perhaps we just need to render Caesar??  :icon_scratch:  Or ignore him??

The various large murderous rampages (ethnic cleansings, wars, purges etc.) of reliable history have mostly been carried out under the directions of goobermint (Caesar).  Independent thugs, murderers, terrorists and maniacs cannot compete for body count.

The thefts of goobermint, through warfare, taxation, and through legitimizing bankster fiat (legal tender) or creating their own, also outweigh all theft by independent theives and mafias.  Banksters at present can be considered part of (or owners of) goobermint.

Granting goobermint a monopoly of force leads to unlimited murder rather than safety.   :hammer:

Giving goobermint a monopoly on currency creation eventually leads to unlimited theft, rather than stable markets..

The combination turns humans who survive into slaves.

One answer is to "ban" goobermint! 

Goobermint is parasitic.  The parasite is killing its hosts (us).  Slowly here, quicker elsewhere.

Goobermint is an IDEA.   

If we become aware goobermint is a mistaken idea, and all decide to ignore it, it must collapse.  The large proportion of the populace dependent on goobermint for "bread and circus" currently prevents that.

If goobermint then collapses under its own weight when seriously stressed, perhaps we might be intelligent enough not to allow its recreation??

Serious stress is coming soon to a goobermint near you!!
"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest." -  Simon and Garfunkel

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 11, 2013, 09:52:57 AM »
Ox:  "Kindly learn to Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and to Gold what is Gold. Your distortions, obfuscations, and muddying the waters are bankster tricks and unworthy of you."   

Ox, Methinks thou doth protest too much. 

Can't have you calling WHD no bankster trickster.
Just can't have it.

I didn't Nobody, I said his blaming the slaughter of the Inca's on gold was a bankster gold bad mouthing tactic. If they held anything the Spanish thought was of value they would have plundered and taken it away. Gold is a metal found in nature like iron or copper or anything else for that matter. It is folly to blame the slaughter of people on an object. People kill people.
Would you blame Gold for the fruitcake following you around? Would you praise and say Gold was the reason the other gent listened to your plea for help?

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #266 on: January 11, 2013, 10:12:19 AM »
]

I didn't Nobody, I said his blaming the slaughter of the Inca's on gold was a bankster gold bad mouthing tactic. If they held anything the Spanish thought was of value they would have plundered and taken it away. Gold is a metal found in nature like iron or copper or anything else for that matter. It is folly to blame the slaughter of people on an object. People kill people. l

Gee, Ox, people kill people. For gold.

Ever read Prescott's "History of the Conquest of Mexico and the conquest of Peru?" Took me the better part of the year, because I needed a dictionary to help translate some of these Spanish quotations, which are extensive. The Spanish were bloodthirsty in a noteworthy way. Cortes and his army and his treatment of Montezuma was one thing; in Peru, Pizarro obliged the Incas to fill a room from floor to ceiling with golden objects. The Spanish displayed the same sort of Contempt for the heathen pagans they encounter that Medieval Christians always displayed to such pagans.

Such is the work of armies marching in the name of the Prince of Peace.

They took silver too, but it was mostly about gold. And such gold as made it back to Spain was squandered in useless, utterly futile wars fought in defense of the vanity of the Spanish crown.

All that glitters, et cetera.
“The old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.”

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 11, 2013, 11:48:52 AM »
Thanks for your input Surly,

After reviewing your comment carefully, my original opinion and statement remain the same. I have a suspicion we are unwittingly talking about two different topics which appear to be the same. Probably due to my inability to state my case properly. 

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2013, 03:46:33 PM »
Thanks for your input Surly,

After reviewing your comment carefully, my original opinion and statement remain the same. I have a suspicion we are unwittingly talking about two different topics which appear to be the same. Probably due to my inability to state my case properly.

Or perhaps, my inability to read for comprehension on a damn mobile phone screen. In any event, the depredation is not the gold's fault; Rather, the fault of men and their greed.
“The old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.”

Offline monsta666

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 11, 2013, 04:29:00 PM »

Thanks for the kind words. I do see that fiat money is basically a fraud, I just think the gold standard can be manipulated also. I believe when it comes to banksters they have no bounds when it comes to cheating. They will find a way to abuse gold like they do with fiat. Perhaps we can say gold is better because the level of abuse will be less but to think gold cannot be abused is to underestimate how devious the banksters can be. In any case the gold standard will be the preferred option for the future but first the fiat currency must perish.