PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Gold & Silver News

AuthorTopic: Gold & Silver News  (Read 428957 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News
« Reply #300 on: January 18, 2013, 02:55:17 AM »

Your statement and ideas have been noted but deal more with the evil, trickery, and dishonesty of people rather than the point that the gold in their possession is the world's real money, and the paper claims,hypothecations, multiple claims on the same asset are all Bankster Fuckduckery a different topic than Gold in my opinion.

Your OPINION has been Duly Noted and Filed:icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 18, 2013, 11:39:40 AM »
Also, the statement from the Bundesbank reads like they planned it this way (19%) all along.  This can be read as: "Thank you sir. May I have another?!"  or  "Let's not stampede the herd, or we'll never get them to the slaughterhouse."

It's unlikely the media will be out there stampeding the herd.

Probably a deal has been made between the banksta mafias so as to keep the fiat extraction system "working".

GO,

Don't stampede the herd, we haven't raided the vault completely yet.

As to the media not out there stampeding the herd - not 'till it's time.

You sure picked up on it quickly WHD, You have added three large worms, night crawlers shall we call them, to the can of opened worms I alluded too.  :laugh: ;D
I have an answer to only one, tantamount to an act of war, No, just another battle in an ongoing Currency war. Jim Rickards recently wrote a top selling book on this topic The Currency Wars, and it is one hell of good book.

The Euro is a complete mystery to me, The Currency without a country is what I have always called it. It makes no sense to me, never has, and am totally amazed it has lasted this long.

Your question about who would ever buy a Treasury again, especially where the yield is near zero is the most baffling of all, my brain goes tilt when I try and imagine someone that mentally deranged.

A promise to pay, from an entity that has a history of inflating its currency, defaulting on it's legal gold contracts, and without any yield as a kicker is too much for me to handle.   :dontknow:

Cannot tell you how happy I am you have suddenly become very interested in Gold. It is my humble wish that my constant postings had some small part in your new found interest.  :D :icon_sunny:

Don't debase worms like that.  :icon_mrgreen: Worms are, more important, directly to my general health and well being, than gold has ever been. Otherwise, I know gold is good as a conductor, of electricity and digital information, and greed. It's pretty too - though I think it's mostly ugly as an ornament.

So yeah, it is fascinating to me, what people will do to possess it, and the value they place in it. Truly astonishing.

I mean, I'd rather see every dollop of gold, diamonds too, silver, platinum, gems, all that stuff, invested in a vast information network, with some currency backed by it perhaps, but limits on any one with too much of a stake. Otherwise, a threat to the free flow of information, and to the health and well being of people and the earth generally, they become food for the worms.  :icon_sunny:

Meanwhile, wouldn't that be funny if the world just like that, slipped back into some de-facto gold backed currency system. They'll be scratching each others eyeballs out to set some new fiat system up, probably, locally and otherwise, gold backed or not. Just like they do now to maintain what they have.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News: Germany Reaffirms the Timeless Relevance of Gold
« Reply #302 on: January 18, 2013, 04:17:25 PM »
Those investors who continue to miss out on one of the world's most powerful bull markets have officially just lost one of their most commonly cited rationales for doing so. With the watershed announcement this week that Germany's Bundesbank will repatriate nearly one-fifth of the nation's gold reserves, any last claims to the failed notion that gold somehow lacks relevance in the modern day financial system have just been obliterated.

Germany's central bank will take delivery of 674 metric tons of its gold currently held in Paris and New York over the next seven years, with the stated objective of holding 50% of the nation's 3,400-ton hoard at home (compared to the 31% of its gold reserves already reported held in German vaults). This will include all 374 tons currently held in Paris, and 300 tons from the bank's major deposit at the Federal Reserve's New York vault.

An extraordinary breakdown in trust
A Bundesbank spokesman told Forbes that the bank has no intention to sell the gold, and instead characterized the move as a "pre-emptive" measure "in case of a currency crisis." The bank's official news release explained the move as follows: "With this new storage plan, the Bundesbank is focusing on the two primary functions of the gold reserves: to build trust and confidence domestically, and the ability to exchange gold for foreign currencies at gold trading centers abroad within a short space of time."

Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, international business editor for London's The Telegraph, reckons the event "marks an extraordinary breakdown in trust between leading central banks." Forbes echoed that it "raises questions as to their belief in both the strength of the global economy and the European Monetary Union, and their trust of fellow central banks." They may well be correct, but the decision is also clearly linked to a directive from Germany's Court of Auditors late last year that the central bank take measures to more effectively verify the status and purity of Germany's gold reserves. A few months ago, the bank first signaled its intention to repatriate a portion of gold reserves from New York, and then melt that gold down to test its purity. The operation announced this week, however, is on a far grander scale than that initially proposed.

A golden shield for the currency wars
The Bundesbank's timing here is truly uncanny, since it was precisely this week that worldwide rhetoric regarding the gathering pattern of "beggar-thy-neighbor" monetary policies reached an unsettling crescendo. Alexei Ulyukayev, first deputy chairman of Russia's central bank, starkly warned the world that a currency war (defined as global competitive currency devaluation) is perilously near. In the wake of accelerated asset purchases (QE4) by the U.S. Federal Reserve, combined with Japan's clear intention to engage in aggressive devaluation of the yen, several European policymakers could be heard this week championing loose monetary policy to combat strength in their respective national currencies.

The governor of South Korea's central bank, Kim Choong Soo, expressed concern over "adverse effects of monetary easing in the U.S., Europe and Japan," but nonetheless characterized his own bank's likely reaction to dramatic yen devaluation as an "active response to minimize any negative impacts on exports and investor confidence." The game of monetary hot potato that I referred to just last week in my discussion of gold and currency wars has begun to take shape, and I believe central bankers are apt to be pondering some increasingly bleak currency scenarios as they take these developments into account. In my view, the one inevitable outcome that becomes increasingly clear as these events unfold is the certainty of a major repricing event for gold as the sole global currency that cannot be printed at will.
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/external/mfool/rss/SIG=13895c1md/*http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/01/18/germany-reaffirms-the-timeless-relevance-of-gold.aspx?ticker=GG&source=eptyholnk303100&logvisit=y&npu=y  :icon_study:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:24:45 PM by Golden Oxen »

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 18, 2013, 05:11:53 PM »
Germany obviously wants its gold back for whenever the euro collapses. I think just like hitler beg/steal/borrowed literally every ounce of gold he could get his hands on, and then spent it all on weapons, while establishing a surveillance state so winner could then take all, stockpiling gold wont help against a stockpile of these...
BREAKING! 2013 UN ~ NATO MARTIAL LAW USA!

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:13:25 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 18, 2013, 05:36:45 PM »
stockpiling gold wont help against a stockpile of these...

True Unc, it won't protect you against an atom bomb being dropped on your head, a fucking loony tune shooting you in a theatre, getting cancer or having a heart attack either.  I could list a few thousand others but feel confident you get my drift.

PS Don't buy any if you think a monstrous asteroid is heading here soon either.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 18, 2013, 08:18:42 PM »
though I think it's mostly ugly as an ornament.

Perhaps you will find it more appealing in it's natural state of beauty. Holding it and feeling it's density adds to the pleasure.

a gold nugget
a gold nugget

genuinenuggets
genuinenuggets

goldnugget10
goldnugget10

depositphotos 1013503 Gold nuggets and scoop
depositphotos 1013503 Gold nuggets and scoop

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 19, 2013, 04:57:29 AM »
stockpiling gold wont help against a stockpile of these...

True Unc, it won't protect you against an atom bomb being dropped on your head, a fucking loony tune shooting you in a theatre, getting cancer or having a heart attack either.  I could list a few thousand others but feel confident you get my drift.

PS Don't buy any if you think a monstrous asteroid is heading here soon either.

I dont mean on the individual level, I mean on a national level. I dont know whats going to happen, but it looks very much to me that buying up weapons on a credit binge until you go broke is a good way to prepare to go and rob everything you need. I am planning to buy some though.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News: Welcome Home German Gold
« Reply #307 on: January 20, 2013, 05:43:00 AM »
This one is a MUST for anyone interested in the Gold Story. Good old Max, no bull shit in this report. :emthup: :emthup:

http://youtu.be/8lnslMWhOTw  :icon_study: :icon_study:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8lnslMWhOTw&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8lnslMWhOTw&fs=1</a>

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News: Mint runs out of 2013 Silver Coins, Suspends Sales
« Reply #308 on: January 21, 2013, 03:37:20 AM »
NEW YORK, Jan 17 (Reuters) - U.S. Mint has suspended sales of its 2013 American Eagle silver bullion coins after running out of stock due to soaring investor demand for the newly minted coins in the first two weeks of the year.

Sales to authorized dealers will resume on or about the week of Jan. 28 after the U.S. Mint has replenished its inventory, it said in an email to authorized dealers on Thursday. The coins are produced at the Mint's West Point, New York, facility.

While it is typical for collectors to snap up newly stamped coins, interest this year has ballooned due to investors seeking refuge from U.S. economic uncertainty.

Silver Eagle sales to Jan. 15 exceeded 5 million ounces and were on track to surpass the all-time monthly high of 6.1 million ounces, set in January 2012.

Physical coin sales had risen in the final months of 2012 as investors protected their nest eggs from a feared U.S. recession. Many economists predicted a U.S. economic downturn would occur if Congress and the White House did not act to stop pending huge tax hikes and automatic spending cuts known as the "fiscal cliff."

It is not the first time the Mint has faced a run on its stock. It started allocating sales to authorized dealers in recent years after its supplies were depleted by unprecedented demand.

The Mint on Jan. 24 is due to start taking orders from the general public for silver proof coins, which fetch just under $63 each and are aimed at collectors. (Reporting By Josephine Mason; Editing by Gary Hill and Steve Orlofsk

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/18/usa-mint-coins-idUSL1E9CI02A20130118 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 21, 2013, 04:12:03 AM »
Bogus Shit.  TPTB are just trying to prop up the Silver Price, currently in the Toilet at around $32.  Plenty-o-Silver around for the Mint to buy and Mint into Coinage.  Artificial Scarcity to prop up the price amongst Gold & Silver Bugs.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 21, 2013, 04:22:04 AM »
Bogus Shit.  TPTB are just trying to prop up the Silver Price, currently in the Toilet at around $32.  Plenty-o-Silver around for the Mint to buy and Mint into Coinage.  Artificial Scarcity to prop up the price amongst Gold & Silver Bugs.

RE

I see, Like the Peak Oil Bogus Shit they have the dim preaching to hold the price of crud up, currently languishing around 90 from its high of 150 seven years ago??
Never knew you were working for big oil my brainwashed friend, did you. :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 04:25:59 AM by Golden Oxen »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 21, 2013, 06:37:33 AM »

I see, Like the Peak Oil Bogus Shit they have the dim preaching to hold the price of crud up, currently languishing around 90 from its high of 150 seven years ago??
Not the same thing. Ya can't make your SUV Go to Walmrt with Silver Eagles.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #312 on: January 21, 2013, 06:53:32 AM »
Interesting to look at these cartoons, and see surrogates for the stories that are taken the place of the Sandy Hook tragedy in the national consciousness.

Gee, it's almost as if somebody wanted to turn the page of the prevailing narrative, and away from the discrepancies in the official story. I am shocked, shocked.
“The old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.”

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 21, 2013, 06:58:07 AM »

Not the same thing. Ya can't make your SUV Go to Walmrt with Silver Eagles.

RE
There you go, muddying the waters as usual with a different topic.
You cannot have a modern electronics or communications industry without silver.
As far as getting to Wall Mart, if you had just half the brains of MKing you would ride your bicycle there. :laugh: :P :o

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 21, 2013, 07:57:14 AM »

RE

There might be something to that. 

The mint is supposed to produce silver eagles to meet demand. Yet, at least once a year they run out.   I've been on the fence as to their incompetence vs market manipulation.  There is no shortage of silver eagles in the secondary market  with prices varing from ~$2.50 - $6+ above spot.  Some of the Mint's dealers might be playing a perceived shortage for higher markup.  Currently the higher prices are found at APMEX and their banker is JP Morgan.
"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest." -  Simon and Garfunkel