AuthorTopic: Gold & Silver News  (Read 429470 times)

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News: Draghi Launches Unlimited Bond Purchases by ECB
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2012, 04:35:23 AM »
Ho hum, No surprise here for Gold Bugs       :icon_study:

Markets reacted exuberantly as the European Central Bank’s President Mario Draghi announced Thursday in Frankfurt that there will be “unlimited bond purchases” by the central bank, which oversees the common euro currency.

Judging by the market’s reaction to the central bank’s announcement, the ECB is now taking center stage when it comes solving the debt crisis in Europe and boosting market confidence. While the market hardly moved following recent Fed meetings in the United States, where expectations were high but largely not met, stocks were up across the board Thursday following the ECB’s announcement to buy peripheral bonds—bonds issued by heavily indebted eurozone countries.
www.theepochtimes.com/n2/business/draghi-launches-unlimited-bond-purchases-by-european-central-bank-289326-print.html

Offline widgeon

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2012, 08:59:26 AM »
There could be no other way for the ECB.  Just a matter of when.

Offline widgeon

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2012, 01:42:39 PM »
USD Down more than 1% today.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2012, 02:23:02 PM »
USD Down more than 1% today.

Against mostly the Euro, another piece of toilet paper. Amazing how the lemmings jump from one piece of paper to another seeking safety.

Wonder if they will ever realize their folly?

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2012, 02:57:14 PM »
There could be no other way for the ECB.  Just a matter of when.

True enough, but you would be surprised at the people that don't see it that way. It always amazes me how they con them into thinking no more printing.

Of course that doesn't mean there will not come a time that it doesn't work, but that is another topic. I talk to seemingly sane people all the time that think deflation is the option they are going to take, that defend the currency talk, after 4000 years of debasement gets them all the time. Utterly amazing.       :icon_scratch:

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2012, 03:35:33 PM »
Euro Pump & Dump.  The currency traders are Pumping the Euro before it crashes.  Getting the Low Hanging Fruit to sell dollars and buy Euros right before they pull the rug out.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2012, 03:44:37 PM »
Euro Pump & Dump.  The currency traders are Pumping the Euro before it crashes.  Getting the Low Hanging Fruit to sell dollars and buy Euros right before they pull the rug out.

RE

For sure. Word is a massive short squeeze taking place also. Big players caught, hedge funds etc. It won't last long IMHO. The Euro is another ass hole politicians idea. A fiat currency without a country, how ridiculous can you get.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gold & Silver News:Gold Imports To China Double Again
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2012, 10:30:08 PM »
China has already imported more gold in 2012 than all the gold held by the ECB (502 tons). China, now the world's largest gold producer and importer of bullion, is accumulating gold as the West divests. Only one is right.  full article...

http://www.resourceinvestor.com/2012/09/07/gold-imports-to-china-from-hong-kong-double-again?t=mining-investments      :icon_study:

Offline Jb

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2012, 07:07:35 AM »
Interesting article at ZH this morning:

"“Gold is being used as an instrument for payment. Under the guise of exportation, gold is being sent to Iran in exchange for oil,” Sinan Aygün, a deputy from the Republican People's Party (CHP), has told Turkish daily Today's Zaman."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/iran-gold-imports-turkey-surge-8-billion-ytd-gold-increasingly-used-currency

Offline Jb

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2012, 09:56:44 AM »
Rickards was correct (again):

"So look for the following sequence of events. On August 31, the Fed will give strong indications that more quantitative easing should be expected if economic conditions do not show substantial improvement. On September 6, expect the European Central Bank to lower its main lending rate by 25 basis points to 0.50 percent. Then on September 7 look for an employment report weaker than consensus estimates due partly to quirks in seasonal adjustments. This will give the Fed economic justification and political cover for the start of a new quantitative easing program on September 13. This double-dose of ECB and Fed ease should give stock markets a lift through the fall at least until the twin dangers of the fiscal cliff and war with Iran stare investors in the face later this year."

Source: http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/economic-intelligence/2012/08/20/how-china-is-driving-federal-reserve-policy

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/market-response-goldsilvertreasury-yields-spike-equities-less-sure

I might have to open a home-brew this afternoon.

Offline alan2102

• Contrarian
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2012, 07:55:23 PM »
China has already imported more gold in 2012 than all the gold held by the ECB (502 tons). China, now the world's largest gold producer and importer of bullion, is accumulating gold as the West divests.

Yes. India, too. This one reason -- one of many -- that China is NOT toast. Quite the contrary. It is WE who are toast, at least relatively speaking.

The big question is: what is China's REAL gold holding? As opposed to the official stat of circa 1000 tons, that is.  I'll bet it is at least 5,000.

The common people of India (i.e. NOT the banks, not the rich) hold an astonishing 20,000 tons!  After the big reset -- after gold is re-priced to some astronomical number, as it will be -- the people of India will suddenly have, collectively, far more financial (and other) power than anyone would have dreamed before the moment it happens.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2012, 09:21:37 PM »

The common people of India (i.e. NOT the banks, not the rich) hold an astonishing 20,000 tons!  After the big reset -- after gold is re-priced to some astronomical number, as it will be -- the people of India will suddenly have, collectively, far more financial (and other) power than anyone would have dreamed before the moment it happens.

Plenty-o-Gold, no Food, no Water, no Electricity...the Indians are...

Where ya been Alan?  Vacation?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2012, 02:44:21 AM »
China has already imported more gold in 2012 than all the gold held by the ECB (502 tons). China, now the world's largest gold producer and importer of bullion, is accumulating gold as the West divests.

Yes. India, too. This one reason -- one of many -- that China is NOT toast. Quite the contrary. It is WE who are toast, at least relatively speaking.

The big question is: what is China's REAL gold holding? As opposed to the official stat of circa 1000 tons, that is.  I'll bet it is at least 5,000.

True Alan, They have lots of the precious yellow, they are not shy in the hoarding of silver department either. They are a people that have been ravaged by fiat currencies much more than most others.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 03:12:04 AM »
   Yes. Just waiting to cash in my family hoard so that I can eat again.

Offline alan2102

• Contrarian
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 03:22:18 AM »
Plenty-o-Gold, no Food, no Water, no Electricity
Plenty-o-Gold... with which to buy that other stuff. And it will buy PLENTY. That's where this is heading.

Where ya been Alan?  Vacation?
My policy is to spend time on these fora only occasionally, in spurts, or dribs and drabs, as the spirit moves me, when I feel like expressing something that needs expression.  No forum is worth more than a modest total slice of my time.