AuthorTopic: The Daily Meme  (Read 258985 times)

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: The Daily Meme
« Reply #1650 on: January 13, 2018, 05:20:50 PM »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1651 on: January 14, 2018, 08:11:23 AM »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1652 on: January 15, 2018, 08:31:22 AM »

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #1653 on: January 15, 2018, 12:14:48 PM »

You know, I've been thinking about that . This Trump fellow likes to golf. My daddy was a golfer. He was, like Trump, a rather territorial fellow, being an admitted admirer of Mussolini before WWII and an admitted admirer of "strong man leadership" in South America before and after WWII.

My Daddy was a Major in the U.S. Army while I was growing up in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Even though he was in the Infantry Branch of the Army, he was called upon at the end of his carrier (after combat service in Korea and some 'fun and games' in Panama during WWII - you can read about what the U.S. Army DID to their own troops, particualrly the Puerto Rican soldiers in the U.S. Army, in Panama at DemocracyNow! any time - My daddy never said word one about that but I seriously doubt that he was not involved), because he had a degree in Law, to be editor of the Spanish Edition of the Military Review.

This was from 1954 to 1961. We all now know about all the skullduggery and mayhem the U.S. was up to in Central and South America then. I am certain Daddy knew about this crap, approved of it, and made certain that what was published made our bought and paid for dictators look great and those working for democracy to look like the "bad guys".

Sorry for the digression, but I want to make clear that he mindset of these narcissists who enjoy sports is something I have observed directly. I suspect Trump, like Daddy, has his favorite golf ball brand, favorite club, favorite this and favorite that. He is probably real particular about who takes care of his stuff, unlike Daddy who just put his sports equipment in a certan place at home (that nobody was allowed to touch for any reason).

So, anybody reading this who is connected to Trump and wants to see how "tolerant" he is about being the object of pranks, here is a list of actions guaranteed to provide lots of excitement;  ;D

֍ Apply a bit of honey (or pine resin, etc. you get the sticky idea) on the grip of his favorite club.

֍ Put a gag (weight displaced) golf ball in his pack. Make sure it is branded just like his favorite brand. Narcissists are VERY observant.

֍ Put itching powder inside a small area in one of his golf gloves.

֍ Rig a timed short circuit on his golf cart to discharge the battery for around the time of the 17 hole (or the 7th hole if he is limiting his golf to 9 holes).

Trust me, it will be exciting. NO, I certainly am not advocating vandalism against, or harm in any way towards, the POTUS. I just think it would be an innocent prank that would be fun to watch.    Trump claims he can take a joke, doesn't he? Well, are you willing to find out?

If he is anything like my Daddy, he loves to do pranks on others, but goes ballistic when he is the object of one.  8)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:19:32 PM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1654 on: January 18, 2018, 02:52:01 AM »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1655 on: January 19, 2018, 04:38:38 AM »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1656 on: January 20, 2018, 05:45:11 AM »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1657 on: January 27, 2018, 09:22:53 AM »

pew pew pew pew pew pew pewpew pew pew pew...

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 27, 2018, 01:18:25 PM »

I remember that it dawned on me at some point (before I knew much Shakespeare) that "winter of our discontent" must be a phrase stolen from some old master, since I ran across the phrase in a wide variety of different books written by different authors. But even after I knew that line was from Richard the Third, it took several more years before it dawned on me that MOST of the well-known phrases and cliches in the English language come straight from the Bard of Avon.

Nice ad. Incredible pun. Did they choose the name for the store just so that ad would work?  And...do people even get it, still?  Maybe in a college town.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #1659 on: January 27, 2018, 01:56:45 PM »
"Shakespeare - just a lot of well-known phrases and sayings strung together" - anon.
"The State is a body of armed men."

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1660 on: February 02, 2018, 11:10:53 AM »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Michele Bachmann asked God for a sign about running for U.S. Senate
« Reply #1661 on: February 03, 2018, 11:44:49 AM »
Michele Bachmann asked God for a sign about running for U.S. Senate and the Lord delivered

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1662 on: February 03, 2018, 12:02:05 PM »

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Michele Bachmann asked God for a sign about running for U.S. Senate
« Reply #1663 on: February 03, 2018, 05:18:36 PM »
Michele Bachmann asked God for a sign about running for U.S. Senate and the Lord delivered

The Michele Bachmanns of the world believe in a God who always says YES to getting up in other people's shit.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 03, 2018, 05:26:41 PM »

It'd be funny except it sells well.