AuthorTopic: The Daily Meme  (Read 250492 times)

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Daily Meme
« Reply #1680 on: February 12, 2018, 09:45:06 AM »

Preparations underway today for burial of IKEA Founder Ingvar Kamprad.

Tastefully understated for a Pharaoh.

On the way IN it's BRIGHT LIGHTS & a warm fuzzy blanket, after the lube,oil & filter.
On the way OUT it's press-board. Gotta' love the way we roll in the merry old land of Oz.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1681 on: February 14, 2018, 03:03:27 AM »

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1682 on: February 14, 2018, 03:18:51 AM »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1683 on: February 14, 2018, 03:27:39 AM »

Just a thought.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1684 on: February 14, 2018, 05:59:45 AM »

Happy Valentine's Day, from Vladimir and Donald!

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1685 on: February 14, 2018, 07:47:21 AM »

There's absolutely no evidence out there that Trump colluded with the Russians except the Manafort thing, and the Flynn thing, and the Roger Stone thing, and the Cohen thing, and the Kushner thing, and the Carter Page thing, and the Jeff Sessions things, and the Wilbur Ross thing, and the JD Gordon thing, and the Erik Prince thing, and the James Comey firing thing, and the Russian hacking/Wikileaks thing, and the bro-love between TrumPutin thing, and the Russian propaganda machine favoring Trump thing, and the DJT "I have zero ties to Russia!" thing, and the Eric Trump "we get most of our financing from Russian banks thing", and the Donald Trump Jr. "Our portfolio is made up of a disproportionate amount of Russian money" thing, and the DJT "I sold a $60 million mansion to a Russian oligarch known for money laundering for $120 million that he never once lived in " thing, and the Trump business ties with Putin's favorite sports athlete Fedor Emilianenko thing, and the Trump International Corporation's mysterious private server connection to Alfa Bank, Russia's largest commercial bank thing, and the Special prosecutor being named thing, and the I won't release my tax returns thing, and the Ivanka Trump's vacationing with Putin's girlfriend thing, and the 2013 Miss Universe Pageant in Moscow thing, and the Trump companies business ties to Felix Sater, a criminal felon indicted for stock fraud scheme with the Russian mafia thing, and the FL Group Icelandic hedge fund with massive ties to Putin being heavily invested in Trump Soho thing, and the Rex Tillerson/Exxon ties to Russia thing, and the Russian ambassador at Trump Tower sneaking in and out thing, and the Trump tried to roll back Russian sanctions the minute he got elected thing.
Other than that, there's absolutely no reason to suspect anything.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1686 on: February 14, 2018, 12:50:04 PM »

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #1687 on: February 14, 2018, 02:25:44 PM »
Did he take the knee?
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #1688 on: February 14, 2018, 06:51:24 PM »

I'm an Earthling first, and ecocide is wrong....
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1689 on: February 15, 2018, 04:19:54 AM »
Did he take the knee?

He refused to stand.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1690 on: February 15, 2018, 09:33:53 AM »

"Thoughts and prayers."

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1691 on: February 16, 2018, 01:10:55 PM »

He's really gonna heal some hearts down at Mar-a-Lago this weekend.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1692 on: February 16, 2018, 01:20:37 PM »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1693 on: February 16, 2018, 01:30:25 PM »

Posted by one of my friends, who is a prof at one of the best universities in the US:

"Asked by conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt if arming teachers could solve the problem, Education secretary Betsy DeVos said states "clearly have the opportunity and the option" to allow teachers who've had weapons training to carry guns on campus." (ABC News)

(NC) State Rep. Larry Pittman (R) told fellow lawmakers that he believed “many lives could have been saved” at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., if school officials had guns. “We have to get over this useless hysteria about guns and allow school personnel to have a chance to defend their lives and those of their students,” Pittman said, according to The Charlotte News and Observer.

The newspaper also reports that in a comment on another user’s Facebook post, Pittman blamed the Florida shooting on “communist Democrats.” "So many of these shooters turn out to be communist Democrats, that I suspect they are doing these things to push for gun control so they can more easily take over the country,” Pittman wrote. (The Hill)

I'm a teacher. I don't want to be armed. I want fewer guns, fewer idiots with guns, and fewer idiots who advocate for idiots to have guns.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1694 on: February 18, 2018, 01:27:38 PM »