AuthorTopic: The Daily Meme  (Read 253747 times)

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
Re: The Daily Meme
« Reply #1740 on: February 20, 2018, 07:05:42 AM »

I think this logic is quite biased. It looks to me more like the Russians took the position that having anyone other than Clinton as US President would be in the Russian national interest. And I can easily see why they felt that way.

You have posited a syllogism, I think.

Possibly, but it doesn't make Pfeiffer right, regardless.
Indeed, Pfeiffer is assuming that Putin wanted to damage the US.  To me, it looks much more like Putin had a personal vendetta against Hillary herself rather than any strategic planning.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #1741 on: February 20, 2018, 07:21:37 AM »
Funny bit of info on this.  In order to get a hunting license you have to take a class on gun safety.  But if you aren't going to hunt, then you don't need the gun safety class, and you can just go buy your large capacity semi-auto handgun and go kill people with it.  What kind of sense does that make? 

I think in order to have a handgun you should have to have a concealed carry license, and in order to have a riffle or shotgun you should have to take the hunter safety class. 

What's the logic here?  In order to have a hunting license to go shoot deer you have to take a hunter safety class, which is just about gun control (as in breath control and the like).  But to buy a gun to just have you can just go buy one so long as you are 18 and aren't a felon.  Fuckin' retarded is what it is. 
That's the kind of gun control I fully support, namely:

1.) Hitting your target
2.) Making sure it doesn't go off accidentally
3.) Making sure no one else gets hold of it

If you can't control your gun that way, you have no business owning one.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: February 20, 2018, 07:51:22 AM »
She wants a bullet-proof vest. The cops here (and I suspect everywhere else) are upgrading their body armor to a heavier type designed to stop rifle bullets.

They make some very fashionable suits.

Not sure if they will stop AR-15 fire.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1743 on: February 20, 2018, 02:26:27 PM »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 20, 2018, 02:37:17 PM »

Guess you heard that FL state senator who was going off on NPR about putting more people with guns on campus. Total NRA poster boy.

So...listen up y'all....you gotta (very quickly) (1)whip out your gun, (2)shoot the shooter, then (3) hide your gun before the police come. Let's practice that again, everybody.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: February 20, 2018, 02:50:27 PM »
Guess you heard that FL state senator who was going off on NPR about putting more people with guns on campus. Total NRA poster boy.

So...listen up y'all....you gotta (very quickly) (1)whip out your gun, (2)shoot the shooter, then (3) hide your gun before the police come. Let's practice that again, everybody.

Gunfight at the Campus Corral!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIpVWTZYWr8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eIpVWTZYWr8</a>

Will all the students need cool mustaches to identify them as good guys?  ???  Eddie will do good here!  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1746 on: February 21, 2018, 04:02:50 AM »

Conservatives are now suggesting that the young people from Stoneman Douglas must be "crises actors."
I guess when you spend your days hanging out with gullible morons and conspiracy nuts who voted for Trump, you simply can't imagine intelligent, determined, articulate, and courageous young people.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1747 on: February 21, 2018, 04:19:40 AM »

The Brandon "Lexington and Concord" Smith memorial meme.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1748 on: February 21, 2018, 09:43:24 AM »

Has Monsanto gone too far?

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1749 on: February 21, 2018, 09:47:47 AM »

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: February 21, 2018, 09:52:02 AM »

I think schools generally ARE gun exclusion zones.  It's just that shooters don't obey the law.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: February 21, 2018, 10:49:09 AM »
I know from reading Carl Hiassen for years that Florida has the crookedest bunch of grifters in the legislature of any state. They pretty much all have their hands out, and they'll vote for (or against anything) for a buck, and the buck doesn't have to be legally obtained either.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #1752 on: February 21, 2018, 04:10:44 PM »

I know... thank goodness that is over and done with... could you imagine how many trillions of dollars we would have wasted if we had maintained a military presence in Iraq and Afghanistan after Bush declared "Mission Accomplished"?  :'(

It's called Insurrection, and it's not about overthrowing the government, it's about making it too costly to impose control....

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: February 21, 2018, 04:26:26 PM »

I know... thank goodness that is over and done with... could you imagine how many trillions of dollars we would have wasted if we had maintained a military presence in Iraq and Afghanistan after Bush declared "Mission Accomplished"?  :'(

It's called Insurrection, and it's not about overthrowing the government, it's about making it too costly to impose control....

This is very true.  Just look at Vietnam as an example.  The FSoA had the Hueys and the Jets dropping the Napalm, the Boys in Black Pajamas just had AK-47s and IEDs.  But who won that one?

The big weapons don't really have a lot of utility in a mass insurrection.  Besides, they take a LOT of gas to get them up in the air.  If you have enough boots on the ground with AR-15s on your side, the military goes down.  You also have to realize that at a certain point military commanders will flip sides.  This happenned most recently in Crimea.  The Ukie military simply would not shoot on the Crimeans.  They left town instead.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #1754 on: February 21, 2018, 04:39:36 PM »
RE;  You also have to realize that at a certain point military commanders will flip sides.  This happenned most recently in Crimea. 

Well their compound was surrounded by 20,000 Russians, and they were only navy/air force with only one plane serviceable at the time, and unpaid for months.  And they were offered free passage to somewhere they wanted to go.  Things will be very different when you take on the US Army in your revolutionary takeover of the US.
"The State is a body of armed men."