PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Electric Bicycles

AuthorTopic: Electric Bicycles  (Read 51869 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
New Scooter on the way!
« Reply #225 on: May 01, 2018, 05:03:27 PM »
I ordered a new Folding Scooter Trike for use in traveling around both locally and via air!  :icon_sunny: I just got off the phone with the Scooter People and it should be here in around a week.

It's low in power and slow, but it folds up easily and is real compact to fit in the trunk of a car.

It also comes apart into 2 EZ pieces to assemble.  I ordered it with 1 Lithium batt that gets me around 8 miles/charge and one SLA about 5 miles per charge.  Either one more than enough for cruising around while visiting friends.

Extra money to ship to Alaska of course, but at least they DO ship here!

If it turns out to be a good one, I may buy one of their more souped up models that are not so portable, but go a lot faster and further.  They have models that will do 20 mph with a 45 mile range.  I could get all around my neighborhood with one of those, even make it to Walmart in good weather for a Prep Run!

I will update when it arrives and I have had a chance to test drive it!  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🕴️ New Ewz-Cripple Cart gets its first Test Run!
« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2018, 02:47:31 AM »
I took the new Cripple Cart out yesterday for its first Test Run to 3 Bears Food Superstore, which is less than 1/2 mile from my front door.  Even at the slow speed this Cripple Cart does, it still only takes 5-10 minutes to make it from my front door to inside 3 Bears to do some Prep Shopping!  :icon_sunny:

Here you see the new CC in its new regular parking spot in the Living Room.  Much cleanup has been done in order to have maneuvering room to drive the vehicle in and out of the digs.  Now I can seamlessly drive from my digs to 3 Bears and back, buy my supplies and never stand up once!  I can actually drive to straight in front of the fridge and unload my groceries into it without standing up!  :o

cripple cart 2
cripple cart 2

The new CC folds up very compact to fit in a typical car trunk or the rear of an SUV.  I'll get a pic of it folded up in the next few days, I am going to bring it to The Wedding to use as my Mobile Camera Platform.

It has some deficiencies of course.  As mentioned, it is fucking SLOW when outside the store or the digs.  5MPH takes a LONG time to get anywhere, it would take me a whole hour to make it to Palmer utilizing just this vehicle.  It does however have good Cargo Capacity and the torque is pretty good.  It didn't have any trouble with the hill up back from 3 Bears moderately loaded.  It's good for about 1/2 the year here on its own.  Once there is snow and ice on the ground, fuhgettaboudit.  There is no way I am trying to move this thing over ice and snow even if it is packed down.  It just doesn't have the traction and the wheels aren't big enough.  I am looking at another off-road Ewz to use in the winter.  Also speedier to make the longer journeys more possible. More pricy, and not as easily transportable in another vehicle, but might be worth it.

You may notice in the pic the presence of a Step-Ladder next to the bed.  WTF is that there?  The reason is because RE has had serious problems with getting his crippled ass in and out of bed.  I can't lift the legs after sitting down on the bed, they hang off the bed like a limp dick.  So my latest solution to this is to climb up the ladder before depositing my crippled carcass on the bed, so my legs are more or less at the right height.  This sorta works, most of the time, I can get my whole body on the bed and get some sleep, until I need to get up again in 2 hours to go piss.

I have also had unfortunately a couple of those "I have Fallen and I can't get up" episodes over the last couple of weeks.  The legs are REALLY getting bad folks.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQlpDiXPZHQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bQlpDiXPZHQ</a>

It took me upwards of 30 minutes on both occassions to finally hoist myself to my feet after laying like a dying worm on the carpet for a while.  I am too proud so far to make an account with "Life Alert" to have somebody come over to help me back to my feet, although it may soon come to that.

In this case, I am inventing something new.  I ordered an electric hoist/winch from Home Depot, which I am going to install on a tower above my breakfast table.  In my good days I could have zipped this one together in about an hour maybe two,  I designed an Engine Hoist for my nephew the Dirt Track racer who had to pull his engine out every week after a race to get the thing spruced for the next stupid racing adventure.  I got no idea how many times he rebuilt that engine, but it was a LOT.  That mother fucker could lift 10,000 lbs, no problem.  I am only 155 lbs now, a fucking rat on a treadmill could lift me up if you geared the treadmill right.  Unfortunaterly of course, I am not up to doing much carpentry work right now, so I am going to have to depend on James to do the cutting for me.  He doesn't know shit about carpentry, but says he is OK with following directions.  Plus we also have the Wedding to get through, so it won't get started for at least a week or two.  Meanwhile, I will try to keep from falling down again.  ::)  When I have the Cripple Hoist assembled, be sure you will get a video of it in action lifting the decrepit RE Meat Package back up to feet shuffling level.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Electric Bicycles
« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2018, 10:37:04 AM »
Do you have an appointment for a follow-up blood draw for an H&H?
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 14, 2018, 10:43:26 AM »
Do you have an appointment for a follow-up blood draw for an H&H?

H&H Blood Draw?  What's that?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2018, 10:54:31 AM »
Didn't you once work in a lab?  You need to get your hemoglobin and hematocrit checked, and pretty soon. To see if you're holding your own after the transfusion.

The positive effects of a transfusion, if the underlying cause it not adequately addressed, is maybe 2 weeks.

Glad you're able to eat a bit better, but I'm concerned they pumped you up and aren't following closely to see if you keep better RBC levels.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2018, 11:07:52 AM »
Didn't you once work in a lab?  You need to get your hemoglobin and hematocrit checked, and pretty soon. To see if you're holding your own after the transfusion.

The positive effects of a transfusion, if the underlying cause it not adequately addressed, is maybe 2 weeks.

Glad you're able to eat a bit better, but I'm concerned they pumped you up and aren't following closely to see if you keep better RBC levels.

I'm due for a visit with the Vascular PfD on Wednesday and I need to check in for a followup with the PfD who snipped all the Polyps out of my colon.  I'll have one of them run my H & H agin.  I've been a little better about taking my daily Multi-Vitamin and Iron Pills.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN