AuthorTopic: Watts Memorial FSoA Riots Thread  (Read 2806 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Watts Memorial FSoA Riots Thread
« on: August 11, 2014, 08:20:59 PM »
And so it begins...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FLI2PDNA5eM?feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FLI2PDNA5eM?feature=player_embedded</a>

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-11/ferguson-stlouis-violence-continues-protesters-warn-revolution-wont-be-televised

ZH is running several livestreams.

RE
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:24:18 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Watts Memorial FSoA Riots Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 09:35:20 PM »
And so it begins...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FLI2PDNA5eM?feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FLI2PDNA5eM?feature=player_embedded</a>

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-11/ferguson-stlouis-violence-continues-protesters-warn-revolution-wont-be-televised

ZH is running several livestreams.

RE
So another stupid white fat assed cop takes it upon himself to shoot eight bullets into an unarmed African American eighteen year old kid and when the black community rises up the white fat assed police fire on them with tear gas and rubber bullets along with police dogs. SO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS BEEN LEARNED OR CHANGED BECAUSE HATE AND RACISM AND DESPISING ANYONE DIFFERENT IS THE MODUS OPERANDI. ALWAYS WAS. LOOK AROUND THE WORLD. SEE IT? SEE iT? NO AMOUNT OF PREACHING AND LECTURING CAN CHANGE THE WAY HUMAN BEINGS ARE MADE! EVIDENCE? I OFFER YOU THE WHOLE DAMNED WORLD!

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Airspace over Ferguson Closed
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 06:16:41 PM »
Must be getting pretty lively there.

RE

The FAA Just Closed Low-Flying Airspace Over Ferguson

Tyler Durden's picture

The Ferguson "revolution" may be televised courtesy of straight to YouTube cell phone clips, but any chopper-based TV crews will have to find a different vantage point, as will any and all low flying aircraft (with the exception of US government drones of course), because moments ago, the FAA announced that starting 1315 UTC through 2000 UTC on August 12, "No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described). ONLY RELIEF AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS UNDER DIRECTION OF ST." The Reason? "TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ACTIVITIES." Because TV crews recording every incident put "law enforcement" in jeopardy?

The full statement:

FDC 4/2599 ZKC MO..AIRSPACE FERGUSON, MO..TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS WITHIN AN AREA DEFINED AS 3 NM RADIUS OF 384428N0901812W (ST LOUIS VORTAC STL129011.0) SFC-3000FT TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ACTIVITIES. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 91.137(A)(2) TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT. ONLY RELIEF AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS UNDER DIRECTION OF ST. LOUIS COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT ARE AUTHORIZED IN THE AIRSPACE. AIRCRAFT LANDING AND DEPARTING ST. LOUIS LAMBERT AIRPORT ARE EXEMPT FROM THIS TFR. ST. LOUIS COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT, TELEPHONE 3148892360 , IS IN CHARGE OF THE OPERATION. KANSAS CITY /ZKC/ ARTCC, TELEPHONE 9132548500, IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY. 1408121315-1408182000

To summarize, in addition to the heavily militarized police presence, and the barring of journalists and protestors, the government just prohibited news helicopters. Which, of course, is simply government code that tonight Ferguson may get "turbulent."

Save As Many As You Can

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Watts Memorial FSoA Riots Thread
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 07:23:58 PM »
This has not made it onto the news at all here, but every day they have something new to say about the rascal rasPUTIN. The news has become a total joke.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
BURNING
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 08:15:29 PM »
 There is a huge white swat presence in Ferguson St. Louis, calling for all protesters to disperse as shown on Zero Hedge. There are huge clouds of gaseous fumes and not one black officer among the brigade. They are threatening everyone with " Go home or Else!" This is definitely the harbinger of what is coming to all here if it is not stopped by some kind of rebellion. Talk, talk, talk just ain't gonna cut it. You don't want teams? What side are you on? Think you can run away and hide unscathed and morally upright? I just don't think so. Not Now and Not Ever! Karpatok

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Anonymous Vigilantes Tracking Down Michael Brown's Killer Cop
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 02:27:48 AM »

Anonymous' "Op Ferguson" Says It Will ID the Officer Who Killed Michael Brown
The hacktivists have also been going after the city's computer systems.

—By Josh Harkinson
| Wed Aug. 13, 2014 11:38 AM EDT

Update (4:12 p.m. ET): Anonymous has obtained and posted St. Louis police dispatch tapes from the day of the shooting.

The police chief of Ferguson, Missouri, says he is withholding the name of the officer who shot Michael Brown, an unarmed African American teenager, out of concern for the safety of the officer and his family. But that might be easier said than done. Just a few hours later, the hacktivist group Anonymous announced on Twitter that it was now "making a final confirmation on the name of Mike Brown's murderer," adding: "It will be released the moment we receive it."
"Our source is very close personally to the officer who killed Mike Brown…and terrified to be our source."

I traded emails last night with one of the half-dozen core Anonymous members working on Operation Ferguson, as the group's effort to pressure and shame the local police department is known. They were still working to verify the identity of the shooter. "I can only tell you that our source is very close personally to the officer who killed Mike Brown, and that this person is terrified to be our source," said the anon, whom I will call Fawkes. He added that the source "reached out to us, we did not seek out this person."

The claim to have outed the Ferguson shooter comes only two days after Anonymous announced the launch of Operation Ferguson in this video:

The computer-generated voice, graphics, and hacking threats are trademark Anonymous, but one aspect is unusual: a demand for federal legislation "that will set strict national standards for police misconduct and misbehavior." Though Anonymous has a strong anarchist strain that disdains politics, Fawkes told me that the idea wasn't controversial within the group. "We have done a few of these 'justice ops' and it seems there needs to be a larger solution to the problem on a nationwide level," he told me. "There was no debate—everyone on the team embraced the idea."
cops in Ferguson
Ferguson is 60 percent black. Virtually all its cops are white. Read more stats ››

It has been a busy few days for Operation Ferguson. The hackers shut down the city's website for a few hours on Sunday night and Tuesday morning, posted the home address and number of St. Louis County police chief Jon Belmar, and dropped an email bomb that crammed city and police inboxes with junk messages. The goal was "to get journalists like you to do interviews with us, and incidentally maybe talk about the issue at hand in the process," Fawkes told me. "Looks like it worked."

In previous "justice ops," Anonymous hackers have targeted the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system to protest the Charles Hill and Oscar Grant shootings and the transit system's attempt to dampen protests by shutting down cellphone signals. Other Anonymous ops have uncovered criminal evidence or the names of suspects. "It's actually back to the classics," said McGill University cultural anthropologist Gabriella Coleman, author of the forthcoming book Hacker, Hoaxer, Whistleblower, Spy: The Many Faces of Anonymous, whom I met last night in a chatroom where hackers were plotting their next moves. She added that "a lot of old-school folks came back for this," though they've been careful to avoid the attention of law enforcement and other anons by using fresh pseudonyms.
The police "can look after themselves," Fawkes says. "This is psychological and information warfare, not a love fest."

But the veterans' participation hasn't stopped Op Ferguson from seeming unhinged at times. On Tuesday afternoon, one Anonymous Twitter account threatened to release information about the police chief's daughter unless he disclosed the name of the officer who'd killed Brown. (The threat was later withdrawn.) And the op's Twitter account repeated a bogus internet rumor attributing a screenshot of a racist Facebook tirade to Belmar's wife—the tweet has since been deleted.

"We are not exactly known for being 'responsible,' nor for worrying overly much about the safety of cops," Fawkes told me. "After all, they have vests and assault weapons. I think they can look after themselves. This is psychological and information warfare, not a love fest."

Half outlaw, half idealist, Anonymous has always operated at the margins of legitimacy, its tactics ranging from gumshoe detective work to illegal hacking and shameless PR stunts. It's hard to know whether its current claim to have ID'd Brown's killer will be borne out. "I don't think they have it," Coleman told me. But, she added: "I would not be surprised if they do soon."
Save As Many As You Can