AuthorTopic: SNAP to RIOT IN #ferguson  (Read 32105 times)

Offline Randy C

• Foxsteader
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: SNAP to RIOT 3: Bring on the National Guard
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2014, 05:18:11 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pr1oE34bIM&list=UUC3L8QaxqEGUiBC252GHy3w

Another look at Ferguson, MO from Stefan Molyneux.

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DOWNLOAD THE RANTS!
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2014, 08:35:27 AM »
I encourage ALL DINERS to DOWNLOAD all the rants as opposed to just listening to the Stream on Soundcloud.  This can disappear anytime.  TAKE COPIES!  SAVE ON MULTIPLE MEDIA!  Thumb drives, SD Cards etc.

When the internet goes dark, long as computers still work, you can disseminate  by passing files manually.  If somebody gets a peer-to-peer network up in your neighborhood, you can disseminate that way.

I am sure I am on the Radar now.  My time is limited.  Keep it going long as you can.

RE

The boy who cried wolf? Methinks you are getting a bit grandiose about your rants. When you have listen's in the ten's of thousands for every post, hundreds of thousands for the best...When you start speaking in front of ten's of thousands....Worry not, just rant.

WHD

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 12:00:07 PM »
The boy who cried wolf? Methinks you are getting a bit grandiose about your rants.

Jesus talk about the understatement of the century.

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2014, 02:34:04 PM »
The boy who cried wolf? Methinks you are getting a bit grandiose about your rants.

Jesus talk about the understatement of the century.

Listen to the oil man projecting.

WHD

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2014, 05:18:48 PM »

The boy who cried wolf? Methinks you are getting a bit grandiose about your rants. When you have listen's in the ten's of thousands for every post, hundreds of thousands for the best...When you start speaking in front of ten's of thousands....Worry not, just rant.

So explain the Black SUV that tailed me all the way to work today.

You're not paranoid if people really are out to get you.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2014, 05:28:48 PM »

You're not paranoid if people really are out to get you.

RE
   That was exactly the point of the anecdote about Jung's patient who took the good doctor to the park where the birds attacked him and said, "See?"

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2014, 05:29:52 PM »

Rick Perry, on the lam from his indictment in Texas?

1st Goobernator indicted in Tejas since 1917.

And it's completely political...couldn't possibly result in a conviction...but I find it interesting, nonetheless....I feel...here it comes..

I'm being bathed in waves of schadenfraude.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2014, 12:01:35 AM »
One thing I will say here is that further description of Michael Brown being 6'+ and 300#+ makes the description of him in the MSM as a "kid" appear to be propaganda.  Nobody that size also 18 years old is a "kid"  Kid makes it sound like a scrawny 16 year old.

Deal is though, despite the size, he was still unarmed.  All the cop really had to do here was back off, not try to arrest him, just get a good description and call for backup.  He should never have tried to get out of the squad car if he was alone.  Going up against a behemoth like that is just nuts.  It would be like me taking on an NFL Linebacker.  If you wanna take down somebody that size with non-lethal force, you want at least 3 people, one to grapple with him while the other 2 take out his knees with billy clubs.  The guy with the grappling job should be of decent size himself too.  The other two could be even small women. Even a 5' tall female swinging a Billy Club with a lead pipe center will knock out your knees with one good swing of the club. He'll be down in no time.

Issue is, the Gestapo Agent feels invulnerable with his Gun, if he is being overpowered it is his Great Equalizer.

So, in the best case scenario story I can come up with here, the Cop tried to arrest a freaking Grizzly Bear, and said Grizzly was not going to come along quietly, they rarely do.  The Grizzly mauls him, so he takes out the Gun and starts shooting.  Biggest problem there is he didn't STOP shooting until he was sure the Grizzly was DEAD with 2 shots to the HEAD.  Except of course, Michael Brown isn't a Grizzly really, he is a HUMAN BEING.  Just a very upset one.

Michael Brown himself also probably felt somewhat Invulnerable, people that size don't get beat up unless they have the misfortune of running into Jet Li, Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris. He was likely taunted, he was likely pissed off and unhappy with poor prospects for the future, so he struck out at the authority figure taunting him, and threatening to arrest him.

The best solution I think are stun weapons, tranquilizer darts etc, but really, just calling for backup and not confronting until you are reasonably sure you can overpower the Grizzly is the wise thing to do.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2014, 12:49:30 AM »
Michael Brown himself also probably felt somewhat Invulnerable, people that size don't get beat up unless they have the misfortune of running into Jet Li, Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris.

BTW, I have a great story about this sort of thing from my college days.

Studio 54 was the "in place" to go in those years, and the crowds of people wanting to get in were managed by some enormous Bouncers.  Some actually WERE ex-NFL Linebackers.

If you arrived in Limo, usually this would get you in, although sometimes you also had to slip a Ben Franklin to the Bouncer also.  Anyhow, there was a group of folks from Chinatown trying to get in, and one of the Bouncers pushed one of the girls back, rather hard and she hit the deck.  Her boyfriend, who stood maybe 5'5" because he was smaller than me went into action so fast you would not believe it.  He took this guys legs out from under him, and the guy was at least 6'8" and 350#. He tried to get up, and got kicked to the head so hard his head snapped back almost 90 degrees and I thought his neck might be broken, and crumpled like dead meat.  Inside of 2 minutes he was out cold.  2 other bouncers tried to come to his aid, and then 6 more guys from the Chinese contingent went after them.  They were not as good as the one that took out the first guy, but by the time this mellee was over in about 5 minutes, there were 3 Grizzly Bears with numerous broken bones and concussions lying on the sidewalk.  The Chinese left the scene before the cops arrived about 10 minutes later.

My group snuck in while the cops were taking reports.  :icon_sunny:

Of course, most cops are not that proficient at the Martial Arts.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2014, 01:09:20 AM »
6'4 / 300lb 18yo is still just a kid RE. My son is 5'11 now at 14 and will easily reach 6'3 by the time he's 18. You can tell him the same dam thing every dam day and he still forgets it,  he could easily just keep walking on account of being dreaming not even intentionally not responding. How many here can say they were not full of attitude and arrogance at 18 but ALL deserve a chance to mature. 
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2014, 01:31:27 AM »
6'4 / 300lb 18yo is still just a kid RE. My son is 5'11 now at 14 and will easily reach 6'3 by the time he's 18. You can tell him the same dam thing every dam day and he still forgets it,  he could easily just keep walking on account of being dreaming not even intentionally not responding. How many here can say they were not full of attitude and arrogance at 18 but ALL deserve a chance to mature.

Kid is not an appropriate term because it conjures images in the mind of the reader of a smaller and more vulnerable person who is being abused.

Michael Brown was a VERY BIG BOY.  He did not have emotional maturity and smarts enough to avoid confronting a cop obviously, but he sure was not a vulnerable "kid".  He was likely used to being in many fights over the years which he always won by virtue of his size.

You get that big that fast, if you cannot control your impulses to dominate others by virtue of size, it will get you in trouble at some point.

All Martial Arts training is infused with the idea that you do not use that training to dominate others, only for self-defense or defense of others.  I don't think Michael Brown had any such training, or he would not have confronted the cop, if you assume that is what he did do.  He was pissed and letting animal instinct run loose, he thought he could win the fight.

Michael Brown lost that one, permanently.  However, there is no excuse for what the Gestapo Agent did.  He did not have to confront at that time without backup.  His training should be how NOT to get into such a stupid situation in the first place.  He is well into his 20s, 8 years I think on the force.  If he doesn't know how to avoid this shit, he too is very stupid.

I don't know "who started it" as the conversation always goes when you try to break up an altercation between kids fighting in the schoolyard.  I DO KNOW though that the Cop shot not once, but TWICE into the head of an Unarmed Man.  That is unforgiveable.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Did They WANT More Violence in Ferguson?
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2014, 02:50:40 AM »

Off the keyboard of Michael Snyder

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on The Economic Collapse on November 25, 2014

Ferguson-Protestor

Discuss this article at the Geopolitics Table inside the Diner

Did They Want More Violence In Ferguson? 10 ‘Coincidences’ Too Glaring To Ignore

Ferguson Civil Unrest - Photo by LoavesofbreadWas it a conspiracy or was it incompetence?  Those appear to be the only two alternatives that we are left with after the horrific violence that we witnessed in Ferguson on Monday night.  The first round of Ferguson rioting back in August took everyone by surprise, but this time authorities had more than three months to prepare.  They had the ability to control precisely when the grand jury decision would be announced and how many cops and National Guard troops would be deployed on the streets.  But despite all this, the violence in Ferguson on Monday night was even worse than we witnessed back in August.  Either this was a case of almost unbelievable incompetence, or there was someone out there that actually wanted this to happen.  If someone out there is actually trying to provoke more violence in Ferguson, then the rioters are being played like a fiddle.  Most of them have no idea that they could potentially just be pawns in a game that is far larger than they ever imagined.  The only other alternative to explain what we just saw is incompetence on a level that is absolutely laughable.  Something definitely does not smell right about all of this, and let us hope that at some point the American people get the truth.  The following are 10 “coincidences” from Monday night in Ferguson that are too glaring to ignore…

#1 Federal, state and local law enforcement authorities had more than three months to prepare for the violence that would follow the announcement of the grand jury decision.  The mainstream media endlessly hyped this controversy and everyone knew that trouble would be brewing.  But despite an enormous amount of time to prepare, very little was actually done to prevent any violence from happening.

#2 Someone made the decision to make the public announcement about the grand jury decision in the evening.  Anyone involved in law enforcement knows that crowd control is far more difficult after dark.  This also ensured that instead of being tied up with work or school, a maximum number of protesters would be able to be involved in the violence.

#3 Fortunately for the mainstream media, the announcement of the grand jury decision was perfectly timed to provide the largest possible number of prime time viewers for the big news networks.

#4 Just like back in August, no law enforcement authorities of any kind responded while dozens of businesses were vandalized, looted and set of fire.

#5 According to Ferguson Mayor James Knowles, National Guard troops were purposely held back from intervening in the rioting that was unleashed when the grand jury decision was made known to the public…

In a press conference, he called the delay “deeply concerning” and said the Guard troops were available but were not deployed when city officials asked.

The troops had been readied last week by Gov. Jay Nixon as the grand jury announcement neared. But as gunshots rang out in the night and looters torched buildings, they were nowhere to be seen.

#6 It is being reported that the heavily armed National Guard troops were limited to “keeping the peace at a courthouse, patrolling the outskirts of town and preventing disturbances in other suburbs” as horrific violence raged in the heart of Ferguson on Monday night.

#7 Missouri Lieutenant Governor Peter Kinder has accused Missouri Governor Jay Nixon of holding back the National Guard troops because of pressure from the Obama administration.  On Monday night, he angrily made the following statement to Fox News…

“Is the reason that the National Guard was not in there because the Obama Administration and the Holder Justice Department leaned on you to keep them out? I cannot imagine any other reason why the governor who mobilized the National Guard would not have them in there to stop this.”

#8 The Washington Post has documented that Attorney General Eric Holder had been in direct contact with Governor Nixon and had expressed “frustration” with the fact that the National Guard had been activated…

A top aide to Holder called the governor’s office earlier this week to express Holder’s displeasure and “frustration,” according to a Justice Department official.

“Instead of de-escalating the situation, the governor escalated it,” said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on the subject. “He sent the wrong message. The tone of the press conference was counterproductive.”

#9 Firefighters in Ferguson did not immediately respond to calls to put out the multiple fires that were set by protesters.  As a result, many businesses essentially burned to the ground.  But this did make for some amazing television footage.

#10 In the worst of the “war zones”, journalists with cameras and microphones were crawling all over the place while there were hardly any police to be seen at all.  How is it possible that law enforcement could have failed so badly?  Could it be possible that this was orchestrated on purpose?

Sadly, as I have written about previously, the civil unrest that we are witnessing in Ferguson is just a small preview of what is coming to America.

The anger and frustration that are seething under the surface in this country have reached a boiling point.  Instead of coming together, we are seemingly more divided than ever.  Americans have been trained to hate one another, fear one another and blame one another.  I fear that we are not too far away from actually becoming ungovernable.

And when the next major wave of the economic crisis strikes and we start experiencing real suffering in this nation, the temper tantrums that we are going to witness in our major cities are going to make what is happening in Ferguson right now look like a Sunday picnic.

So buckle up and hold on, because it is going to be a really bumpy ride from here on out.

Ferguson is not the end – it is just the beginning of a horrible new chapter in American history.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Did They WANT More Violence in Ferguson?
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2014, 06:11:00 AM »
Occupy was rotten with disinfo agents. They learned a lot. Now there are Fusion centers littering the landscape, where the various "law enforcement" types can coordinate the efforts led by DHS.

One of the things as true today as it was when I first said it in Occupy Norfolk was, "If someone exhorts you to violence, assume he's cashing a federal paycheck."

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2014, 07:34:50 AM »
While reading this article I couldn't help but think "what would the author be saying if they had deployed the National Guard?"  Seems more people would have gotten shot up.  Granted, maybe businesses wouldn't have burned down. 

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2014, 09:17:33 AM »
the heavily armed National Guard troops were limited to “keeping the peace at a courthouse, patrolling the outskirts of town and preventing disturbances in other suburbs” as horrific violence raged in the heart of Ferguson on Monday night.
I think this is the key.... TPTB were fine with the protesters burning down THEIR OWN neighborhoods, but they wanted to make damn sure they didn't spread to others.  In a way, it's a subtle form of ethnic cleansing, goading people into destroying their own support systems.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....