AuthorTopic: SNAP to RIOT IN #ferguson  (Read 34683 times)

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: SNAP to RIOT IN #ferguson
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2015, 03:37:30 PM »
  Excuse Me!  What about the Crimes committed by violent thugs like Freddie Grey?   Karpatok

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2015, 04:08:53 PM »
  Apparently here, everybody is OK about possibly being assaulted and robbed by someone with a switchblade knife. Oh poor put upon innocent criminals. Well, gag me with a mod!          Karpatok

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Your List of Rights: The New Miranda
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2015, 04:25:17 PM »
http://rt.com/usa/254277-joseph-kent-disappeared-police/

observers noted he was never read his rights.

Of course he was.

Your list of Rights  TM

1- You have the Right to be indefinitely detained in an undisclosed location of our choosing

2- You have the Right to remain silent while we beat the shit out of you.

3- You have the Right to an Attorney, if you can afford one.  If you cannot afford one, the Court will appoint a newly graduated Lawyer from Hacks, Dimwits & Sheisters to represent you, if he can find your file under the other 400 he has on his docket.

4- Anything you say can and will be manipulated by our Audio Geeks in the IT Department to say WTF we want it to say no matter what you actually do say.

5- You have the Right to be a Debt Slave, pay Taxes and Vote for the Candidates we choose.

6- You have the Right to read, watch and listen to the Propaganda we pitch out at you every day.

7- You have the Right to drink the waste water from the Fracking company in your neighborhood.

8- You have the Right to enlist in the Military and go over to Afghanistan to make sure our Pipeline goes through.

9- You have the Right to send your kids to substandard schools with underpaid teachers unless you can afford really expensive Private Schools

10-In case we forgot anything, you also have the Right to be FUCKED any other way we can think of.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2015, 04:36:09 PM »
   Well if it's all that bad as well as bad, worse, worst, why don't you just leave if you hate it so much?  HUH?     Karpatok

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Your List of Rights: The New Miranda
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2015, 05:11:27 PM »
http://rt.com/usa/254277-joseph-kent-disappeared-police/

observers noted he was never read his rights.

Of course he was.

Your list of Rights  TM

1- You have the Right to be indefinitely detained in an undisclosed location of our choosing

2- You have the Right to remain silent while we beat the shit out of you.

3- You have the Right to an Attorney, if you can afford one.  If you cannot afford one, the Court will appoint a newly graduated Lawyer from Hacks, Dimwits & Sheisters to represent you, if he can find your file under the other 400 he has on his docket.

4- Anything you say can and will be manipulated by our Audio Geeks in the IT Department to say WTF we want it to say no matter what you actually do say.

5- You have the Right to be a Debt Slave, pay Taxes and Vote for the Candidates we choose.

6- You have the Right to read, watch and listen to the Propaganda we pitch out at you every day.

7- You have the Right to drink the waste water from the Fracking company in your neighborhood.

8- You have the Right to enlist in the Military and go over to Afghanistan to make sure our Pipeline goes through.

9- You have the Right to send your kids to substandard schools with underpaid teachers unless you can afford really expensive Private Schools

10-In case we forgot anything, you also have the Right to be FUCKED any other way we can think of.

RE

Blog post.
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2015, 05:14:23 PM »
  Apparently here, everybody is OK about possibly being assaulted and robbed by someone with a switchblade knife. Oh poor put upon innocent criminals. Well, gag me with a mod!          Karpatok

By all means, keep bitching about the lack of white glove concierge service.

And beg to be gagged with a mod, and don't be surprised if you are obliged.
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2015, 05:25:20 PM »

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Your List of Rights: The New Miranda
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2015, 05:42:21 PM »
Blog post.

I was thinking QUOTE OF THE DECADE:icon_mrgreen:

But yea, I'll make it into a Blog Post.  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2015, 06:30:05 PM »
@Karpatok

I'm not an apologist for street thugs who butt heads with the cops on a daily basis in Baltimore, Oakland, or even in East Austin, where they're rapidly being gentrified out of town completely....but as lily white as I am, I never once in my life looked at the cops as anything other than representatives of the state, who were better off avoided as a matter of self-preservation whenever possible.

There are two distinctly different kinds of behaviors going on in Baltimore. There is a groundswell movement against police crimes of brutality, being carried out in a peaceful way, and ignored by the press...and a lesser group of violent rabble who are looting and burning, but are garnering virtually ALL the national media attention. I have to ask myself why this is...and I have to agree with Surly that it's because TPTB want it spun that way.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Palloy

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • https://palloy.wordpress.com
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2015, 07:10:05 PM »
TPTB want it spun that way.

Of course they do. Why else parade all those humvees and soldiers in the streets in broad daylight?  They are making sure that everybody knows that violence will be met with even more violence.  That is their only means of control.

But they make more enemies than friends every time they are forced to demonstrate their raw power. And videos from around the world show how far they are prepared to take it - tanks, heavy artillery and aerial bombing are standard practice in Ukraine.
The State is a body of armed men

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2015, 07:15:55 PM »
@Karpatok

I'm not an apologist for street thugs who butt heads with the cops on a daily basis in Baltimore, Oakland, or even in East Austin, where they're rapidly being gentrified out of town completely....but as lily white as I am, I never once in my life looked at the cops as anything other than representatives of the state, who were better off avoided as a matter of self-preservation whenever possible.

There are two distinctly different kinds of behaviors going on in Baltimore. There is a groundswell movement against police crimes of brutality, being carried out in a peaceful way, and ignored by the press...and a lesser group of violent rabble who are looting and burning, but are garnering virtually ALL the national media attention. I have to ask myself why this is...and I have to agree with Surly that it's because TPTB want it spun that way.
    @Eddie. I don't for one mini second believe that there is a united vision of the powers that be. And furthermore maybe if these POS were marooned in a big Detroit with a mile high wall, they could just dispense with themselves and we could be done with them. And no police to protect them from each other either. Why don't you look up the statistics of violent crime in the USA and just who does what to whom. It is very sobering and brings one to realism quickly. And I still thank God for that Thin Blue Line that stands between peaceful productive people and those who would destroy everything if not stopped. I don't easily forget having lived in both Baltimore and Philadelphia and how my community of Columbia, Maryland was being destroyed by the people coming from Baltimore. PS. They were not coming from Roland Park This is a curse of the Sins of the Fathers but they were not my ancestors, thank God. I personally don't think there is any more that can be given to or done for these people. They are unable to live side by side with the rest of us.        Karpatok

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2015, 07:25:15 PM »
   @Eddie and Palloy. PS. And I and hundreds of millions of law abiding people do not want to live side by side with this violence. And that is why there are heavy duty arms allowed to put them down. They will only destroy themselves if they continue. And I for one am not willing to live in the dirt at the end of the road in order to avoid them. So Be It.      Karpatok

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2015, 08:09:14 PM »
The end of the road ain't so bad.... :)
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2015, 08:24:36 PM »
The end of the road ain't so bad.... :)
  I doubt if your beloved would go for it.  A trailer park with unwashed hippies and drunken bums?  Each to his/her own. Let me count the ways. Karpatok

Offline Palloy

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • https://palloy.wordpress.com
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2015, 08:38:53 PM »
K: I and hundreds of millions of law abiding people do not want to live side by side with this violence.

From the glimpses of what they were looting, they wanted toilet rolls and Nike runners - the sort of things they could buy for themselves if they had a job or at least unemployment benefits.  So the solution would seem to be to find them employment to equal things out in society, not to confront them with more violence.  Of course you would have to tax the richest a bit more to pay for it, but that's what happens in civilised countries.

Look at those police shooting statistics posted a few back.  Look at the imprisonment rate per capita.  Look at the inequality and tell me this is the right way to solve the problem.  The US is not a civilised country.
The State is a body of armed men