AuthorTopic: Diner Reddit Presence  (Read 909 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Diner Reddit Presence
« on: August 23, 2014, 06:52:37 PM »
As I noted recently in the Diner Milestones thread, we had an ENORMOUS Visitor Spike a couple of days ago.

Most of this new traffic is apparently coming from Reddit, where Surly recently began posting articles and links from the Diner.  In particular, Pepe Escobar's article on the Saudis got enormous page hits.

I encourage all Diners to go to the Collapse Sub-Domain of Reddit and post links to Diner articles and to the Diner Forum also.  This looks like a fabulous new Plugging Location.  Kudos to Surly for discovering this one!  5 Thumbs Up!  :emthup: :emthup: :emthup: :emthup: :emthup:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Diner Reddit Presence
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 07:54:55 PM »
YES!

I got my FIRST PLUG uploaded to REDDIT.

I Plugged the 1st article of the Money Valve series in the Economics area.  Economics has much bigger circulation than Collapse on Reddit.

In doing your Plugging, don't slavishly stick to r/collapse.  Go to the bigger more widely looked at boards for Politics, Climate etc.

This could be fucking amazing for attracting new Diners!

I owe Surly Dinner at Cap'n Cook when he makes it up to Alaska!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Diner Reddit Presence
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 03:49:45 AM »
YES!

I got my FIRST PLUG uploaded to REDDIT.

I Plugged the 1st article of the Money Valve series in the Economics area.  Economics has much bigger circulation than Collapse on Reddit.

In doing your Plugging, don't slavishly stick to r/collapse.  Go to the bigger more widely looked at boards for Politics, Climate etc.

This could be fucking amazing for attracting new Diners!

RE

Absolutely true. And in Reddit visits be sure to "upvote" postings yo recognize from DD.

When signing up for a board be sure to note how frequently it is updated. Some likely looking boards (r/TEOTWATKI, r/dieoff) haven't seen a new post for days. Which means that they are not terribly active... or worth the time.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound