AuthorTopic: This was never hopium, in case that's what anyone thought  (Read 13486 times)

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: This was never hopium, in case that's what anyone thought
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 07:16:27 PM »
Nobody,
So its even worse, I thought your husband was in your camp, but not so it seems.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

nobody

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 07:24:31 PM »
WHD  "I'd be certainly interested to hear more about what your family thought. As to a comment you made earlier about guns, I feel the same way...I'm wary about the change in psyche that comes over one, when a gun becomes an integral part of ones life."

Also, your remarks about food panic: we haven't seen it yet, right?  The need for guns isn't upon us yet; I just got a taste of it.  As to my fright: my sons just shook their heads..."told ya, Mom"... much like I would have responded to them if they did something they were told not to with unpleasant results.  My husband was fascinated.  He'd encountered the same guy actually and reported being very uncomfortable about him.  Couldn't put his finger on it; just that he was scared of this guy, while being an armed (he carries a knife) Teamster who has faced down many an opponent.  We both just marveled at how incomprehensible this street person in our neighborhood is.  No one's going out alone again.

The gun thing is simple; thee or me.  What change in psyche do you observe?

nobody

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 07:27:05 PM »
U-Bob, "Nobody,
So its even worse, I thought your husband was in your camp, but not so it seems."

No no, he is in my camp.  Total pussy-cat.  I really was trying to spare him.  It's the teens who are agin me.

nobody

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2013, 07:35:07 PM »
Stewie, kind of a long story here...we actually spent some time in New Zealand and would not have been the least hesitant to visit Oz too.  Loved it all; the people; the land; the animals; the Southern Cross.  We half entertain returning downunder someday.  Both countries will take the kids but not my husband and me (or we would still be there).  Still, survival is about them, not us.  so nice to hear your story.  Tell more.  How old are your kids?  I just want to get the families onboard here talking.  I think it's a whole separate world of collapse considerations.

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2013, 08:46:59 AM »
WHD  "I'd be certainly interested to hear more about what your family thought. As to a comment you made earlier about guns, I feel the same way...I'm wary about the change in psyche that comes over one, when a gun becomes an integral part of ones life."

Also, your remarks about food panic: we haven't seen it yet, right?  The need for guns isn't upon us yet; I just got a taste of it.  As to my fright: my sons just shook their heads..."told ya, Mom"... much like I would have responded to them if they did something they were told not to with unpleasant results.  My husband was fascinated.  He'd encountered the same guy actually and reported being very uncomfortable about him.  Couldn't put his finger on it; just that he was scared of this guy, while being an armed (he carries a knife) Teamster who has faced down many an opponent.  We both just marveled at how incomprehensible this street person in our neighborhood is.  No one's going out alone again.

The gun thing is simple; thee or me.  What change in psyche do you observe?

Nobody,

Easy. It's easier to kill, when you hold a gun. It lends to a sense of power. Which kind of power seems to me to cut one off from Spirit some how, in some tangible way? Maybe. I'm not sure, really.

Too bad your Teamster husband doesn't have about 6-8 Teamster neighbor friends who could confront the guy and let him know he's scaring people, and if he turns out to be a bad guy let him know if they find him lurking in the neighborhood again, they're going to hang him naked from his feet over an over-pass somewhere or something. LOL I don't know, can you trust the police to keep track of such guys, who I presume under the conditions, are multiplying?

Sorry to hear your boys are such little shits. "Just stay inside, mom.." Are they actually boys or are they in fact young men masquerading as children because the culture says they should?

I'm imagining your husband and his 6-8 friends going to the police and saying, "listen, there's a guy prowling around the neighborhood; were going hang him upside down naked over an overpass if you don't come retrieve him." But I suppose there's some vile lawyer somewhere who would sue you all, for violating the guy's civil rights to terrorize you basically.

Best of luck. Say hi to your Teamster husband. 

nobody

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2013, 10:49:49 AM »
WHD, hold on there, cowboy.  I thought of turning the guy in too.  Don't need no Teamsters for that.  This guy could be anyone.  Could be spiritual.  The whole thing; that he scared me (just because he didn't make any sense), but only followed me.. at a distance.  It was nothing.  Remember I said I'd been caught a time or 3.  I know what that's like too and am left -again, more impressed by what he didn't do.  Truth is, I nodded to him because I wanted to make contact with him and then got scared instead.  It's a particularly confusing time for me... like having each foot in a different world. 

I'm not presenting the best side of my kids, ... and they are teens; not the best side of anybody.  We have a lot of rude joshing.. you know, in the family...kind of like on this site.  And you're right, the culture has done a real fuckjob on them.  Right under my nose too.  Maybe Stewie can straighten me out.

My husband could go down there and take care of this guy.  He's faced down worse just doing his driver job.  The guy is already homeless.  He could go to jail instead.  Is that what you'd want?

nobody

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2013, 11:52:28 AM »
Stewie:  "Nobody , I agree whole heartily it is all about our children too.Mine are 12 and 18 and to be honest my wife and i made a decision not to talk doom with either of them.I know my 18 year old isn't a child but that hasn't changed our decision.They both know we have supplies and prepare for tougher times and or natural disasters, and are actively working towards a simpler more natural lifestyle.Quite easy to sell them that idea as flooding,fires and storms affect us here quite often,and both myself and my wife only work part-time (our decision, not one driven by job availability) so sometimes money is in short supply.
 To be honest being resilient is the story i have found people in general are much happier with than doom.There are now a few people around us who are themselves more resilient ,from seeing what we do. I would much rather people around us be resilient for the wrong reasons ,than totally switched off (which has been the outcome of any doom related discusions with anyone so far ).Other than here of course.
 I am waiting for either of our children to bring up doom related topics on their own, then we will have some long,long discussions.So in the mean time our preparations  and plans include them without them really knowing.Right or wrong we believe this is the best way for us moving forward.
 I think you said you told your children?, how did that go?

I'm glad I invited this discussion... for my sake.  Stewie, if we only could have gotten out like you have, we would not have told the kids anything about collapse.  It's because we are failing to get out that we think we have to prepare them (they just fight the info, understandably).  Because we want to get out and can't make it happen (I can list only about 17 million reasons), that our life is warping.  I wanted to hear from others who can't seem to bring themselves to walk away from income, into over-priced, over-taxed land, walk away from insurance, somehow set up a base with nothing and no survival skills, yet, and plunk the damaged-by-amerikan-culture-kids in the middle of nowhere to start again alone.  It's a sticky wicket for any family.  Remember, Stewie, you're in a different country; we tried to come there.  It's easier for you as citizens there to do this.  we could never support a farmstead on part-time work here; nor find part-time work anywhere near an affordable homestead.  Amerika is over-crowded
I agree with you about doomtalk, in fact came onboard here talking something quite different.  which I would love to get back to.  But this kind of practical planning and discussion is not uncalled for, to say the least.  We will go -somewhere at some point.  It's about timing at this point.  Our 18 year old is just about guaranteed the best first responder pay in the nation with tremendous future development...right here.  Do we step in at this point and say, "no kid, we're making the decision for you here.  Forget the life you were doing a great job building for yourself, you're coming instead, to a patch of desert in northern AZ where they aren't hiring first responders."  It's the extend and pretend that got us.  We never thought they could pull this off for a season and now we despairingly realize it could go on for decades.  So we perch.  On timing.  For another month, another season.  But I never stop looking for alternatives to get any kind of a grip and start on hydroponics.

nobody

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »
Addendum to WHD reply; funny story.

Just before Christmas, my husband, the Teamster, on the job; had entered a spooky stairwell and was running up to find someone.  Another driver had come in right behind him and was running up the stairs as well.  Suddenly, the guy launches right on top of Jeff (husband); clipboards flying and clattering all over the stairwell.  It was a brutal hit, Jeff was hurt and bloody.  Like a cat he went straight up in the air, whirled around and came down with his utility knife out, blade drawn and right at the other guy's neck.  511 Tactical; big blade.  The other guy just went grey and thinking real fast managed to blurt out, "I FELL" before Jeff cut his throat.  Jeff fully believed he was being mugged and it truly was a near thing.

nobody

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2013, 12:22:30 PM »
Rereading I think I should add Jeff did not cut the guy's throat. (!)

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2013, 04:56:04 PM »
My husband could go down there and take care of this guy.  He's faced down worse just doing his driver job.  The guy is already homeless.  He could go to jail instead.  Is that what you'd want?

Nobody,

No, that is not what I want. What I want is for you to feel free to walk in that woods. Clearly the culture has failed him in some fundamental way. Maybe even in his mind, he was watching out for you? I guess my point is, if he continues to hang around, Someone is going to have to confront him, and really I don't think that should be the police. And by confront, I mean, see what he's about.

The other guy just went grey and thinking real fast managed to blurt out, "I FELL" before Jeff cut his throat.  Jeff fully believed he was being mugged and it truly was a near thing.

The guy probably didn't follow anyone that close up a stairs like that again. Jeff sounds like he has some instincts. That would be sobering for both men, I imagine.

Well, keep us posted, if there is any kind of resolution with the mystery man. 

I agree with you about doomtalk, in fact came onboard here talking something quite different.  which I would love to get back to. 

Sure. Lead.

nobody

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2013, 05:04:55 PM »
WHD, yes I've been thinking about some stuff.
That's what I thought you meant all along about the feral man.  This all sounds like you.
Jeff told me today he's had several nightmares about the stairwell incident.  Both guys at the time were purely relieved it was contained; both fully comprehended the other's experience.  Jeff has been haunted by how close this was.  That's why the feral guy made him upset; he doesn't like close encounters for the same reason you wouldn't like holding a gun on anyone.

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2013, 06:23:28 PM »
WHD, yes I've been thinking about some stuff.
That's what I thought you meant all along about the feral man.  This all sounds like you.
Jeff told me today he's had several nightmares about the stairwell incident.  Both guys at the time were purely relieved it was contained; both fully comprehended the other's experience.  Jeff has been haunted by how close this was.  That's why the feral guy made him upset; he doesn't like close encounters for the same reason you wouldn't like holding a gun on anyone.

Too bad Jeff feels so wired. Tell him I said maybe he needs a bit more of the feral; or at least be proud of the fact that he had such instinct, to not just react so assuredly like a wild animal, but that he stopped just in time. I think that's quite impressive actually.

nobody

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2013, 09:04:41 AM »
Stewie:  " I kind of regret telling of our circumstances,seeing they seem a lot different  than yours.I did not intend to rub your face in our good luck,but hearing some of your story does give me the drive. To get off my butt and not waste the opportunities i have ."

You're not rubbing my face in anything, that's been done by real experts; taxation, inflation, cruelty, barbaric usury, etc.  I'm truly happy some folks like you can get clear with their kids.  I'm just trying to start a dialogue here for us in FSA.  It's wonderful citizens of some countries are still able to break from the insane systemic yoke.  Peter for instance, had an easier row to hoe in Canada.  Not that any of yours nor Peter's accomplishments were easy at all.  Just sayin' -I've been banging my head on the floor for years trying to get self-sustaining while allowing my kids to choose as well.  It doesn't seem possible for Amerikans to do this anywhere including here without an independent income stream.  Just looking for input on this.
As for you "straightening me out", all I meant was a gentle nod to you while talking to WHD.  It's cultural.  Not meant literally.

WHD:  "Too bad Jeff feels so wired. Tell him I said maybe he needs a bit more of the feral; or at least be proud of the fact that he had such instinct, to not just react so assuredly like a wild animal, but that he stopped just in time. I think that's quite impressive actually."

I will do just that, WHD.  And thanks.  Great manspeak.  I think that's exactly what's bothering him.  And I will try to post up some more thoughts on our dual reality/extra-dimensional existence.  Especially now that Ben has gotten so rare here, I'll try to hold on for anyone who's curious..it also helps me to get clear on my own intuition through the maze of other sources I access on the net. 

Offline reanteben

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2017, 07:57:35 PM »
nobody, i will definitely keep in touch. 

It costs something to read or post here.  I knew it would.  -And it's worth a great deal to be able to contact persons that you care about.

But nothing in this world measures up to the love we have to forget about to be ..in this world.  When you get closer to home, you become less willing to trade.

beautifully put.

the Love Cover -- the love simulacrum of the control system -- would insist that that lessening willingness is not love but selfishness, but actually it has to do with coherence. there is a measure of decoherence, or destructive interference at DD, sometimes to the point where the whole project is flatlining. while i enjoy the abstract intellectual quality of mking's posts (sorry pops, et al), it is clear that what frustrates RE about him is the destructive interference they present. to me, whether destruction is his intention or not, mking's posts represent a challenge to what i see as the data-driven, conventional response to collapse - a response that very much remains within the control system's sphere of influence, as seen in mking's underlying point as I see it, that the undulating plateau has put the datacentric in a box for seven years now. so in that sense, if mking's destructive interference can take some momentum from the endless rehashings of peak oil theory, then perhaps some people might turn to something more worthwhile, which in my view centers on the decentralization of consciousness, which entails skilled, destructive interference of hierarchical (false) consciousness at every turn.

constructive interference, on the other hand, has a positive consciousness EROEI. when we get on the same frequency, that frequency outside of the control system,  namely love, in all its egalitarian cultural manifestations, it will vastly magnify. RE's seemingly neglected spiritual belief that 'as energy goes to zero, spirit rises to infinity' comes to mind here, and is entirely compatible with the idea that consciousness interacts with the physical dimension in the zero-point field. to understand pantheism all one has to do is understand the magic of photosynthesis. photosynthesis might be seen as the microcosm of the macrocosm, and the basis of the consciousness movement's response to collapse. 

the hyperlinked article also speaks to ox's question on right and wrong, and how, by harnessing conssciousness/love/light, something wrong can be transformed into something right:

Electronic spectroscopy measurements made on a femtosecond (millionths of a billionth of a second) time-scale showed these oscillations meeting and interfering constructively, forming wavelike motions of energy (superposition states) that can explore all potential energy pathways simultaneously and reversibly, meaning they can retreat from wrong pathways with no penalty. This finding contradicts the classical description of the photosynthetic energy transfer process as one in which excitation energy hops from light-capturing pigment molecules to reaction center molecules step-by-step down the molecular energy ladder.

“The classical hopping description of the energy transfer process is both inadequate and inaccurate,” said Fleming. “It gives the wrong picture of how the process actually works, and misses a crucial aspect of the reason for the wonderful efficiency.”

to regard something as right or wrong is to collapse the wave function, is to embrace decoherence. this is what materialist, classical physics does. and as i have said to ash before, about his collapsing of the wave function, this is what religious fundamentalism does to spirituality.

Offline reanteben

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2017, 07:57:40 PM »
okay! okay!  i'll stay in touch!

yeah i'm sure peter's having an amazing rolling nexus event through march, assuming he can still tease out a separate consciousness to call his own. meanwhile the control system has frontloaded all the crude expectations onto 12/21 so that even it's (arguably) most sophisticated divisions, such as the cool as a cucumber pbs newshour, could revel in the popping of the targeted medium term fear bubble with coy asides like, "we love the mayans but it turns out they weren't very good with prediction." this fear bubble was of course overlaid with the short term fear bubble (as snowleopard mentioned) known as newtown/anytown/yourtown/ourtown/hivetown, which came the day after the first of the nexus waves hit, and two days after 12/12.  in the grand tradition of illuminati foreshadowing, sandy hook was instantly transformed into a social microcosm of the future social macrocosm that ka brilliantly detailed: all great control systems emerge from chaos. from american dream to learning about the senecan cliff the hard way. the name sandy being the link between energy shortages  and pogroms.