AuthorTopic: Zero Tolerance for the Lie  (Read 20368 times)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Zero Tolerance for the Lie
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 05:16:11 AM »
Mking says "So he isn't selling those books on alien visitation on Kindle? They are all free?"   Nope you are right, i just looked on amazon, he is selling his stuff.
HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING! Our communities blog is at https://openmind693.wordpress.com

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 05:23:42 AM »
Ashvin.... you seem to be speaking for a very narrow crowd. It all rotates around your conversion to Christianity. As it says on Chris's web site.....

http://nowheretorun.podomatic.com/

Please read the podcast summary on the right side of the page.

He is a quack!  :)

It's really sad that you are using ad hom against Chris EXACTLY like your pal Tsarion did, without even watching his video or explaining why he is wrong about "Mtsar".

I don't agree with Chris on many of his theories, especially his theological dispensationalism, but at least he is intellectually HONEST and attempts to make rational arguments and rebuttals. That fact gives him much more INTEGRITY than any of the New Age "gurus" who are most definitely SELLING themselves to their followers, as all cult leaders do.

The reason I mostly link to Christian websites when criticizing the New Age spiritual movement is because they are generally the only people who care enough to put any time, money and effort into debunking it. Oh, and please do read Chris' podcast summary... it doesn't get any more quacky than that...  :icon_scratch:

I did read it, and still it comes from the evangelical christian perspective, which in my mind you all spend 7/8's of your time defending and debunking other ideas and people and 1/8 of the time living as Jesus did. That is my problem with that approach. Can't you just walk away, turn the other cheek and in your actions live as Jesus did, every now and then yelling at the scribes and pharisees. :)
HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING! Our communities blog is at https://openmind693.wordpress.com

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 05:41:49 AM »
I did read it, and still it comes from the evangelical christian perspective, which in my mind you all spend 7/8's of your time defending and debunking other ideas and people and 1/8 of the time living as Jesus did. That is my problem with that approach. Can't you just walk away, turn the other cheek and in your actions live as Jesus did, every now and then yelling at the scribes and pharisees. :)

That would be difficult.  Jesus was not a Lawyer.  LOL.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 05:42:20 AM »

And you and az spend a good chunk of time promoting New Age spirituality on this forum, posting their videos and their articles. What makes it OK for you to do that and not for me to promote evangelical Christianity?

A big chunk of the Gospels recount Jesus "debunking" the prevalent spiritual beliefs in his culture, ever since he was a young boy in Nazareth. I imagine, if he was born into this time, he would be right on these forums debunking New Age spiritual perversions of Christianity as well.

"10Jesus called the crowd to him and said, ďListen and understand. 11What goes into someoneís mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.Ē -Mt. 5

As for the evangelicals also taking more "concrete actions" in their lives, what makes you think they don't? That's your assumption and it's a bad one. What I find the most disturbing is that you guys (az especially) are unwilling to admit when you have backed the wrong horse and provided faulty information on this forum (for ex, az's claims about Plato, Josephus and Nazareth). You may not be a Christian, but you can still speak out against anti-Christian LIES.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 05:44:41 AM by Ashvin »

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 06:21:57 AM »
Outlaw News

December 16, 2007

New Age guru Michael Tsarion, who has recently been publicly exposed as a Freemason and generational occultist, has threatened physical violence against one of the people who assisted this exposure Ė Chris White, of the ĎNowhere to Runí internet radio show, who recently did a show on Tsarionís occult connections, noting among other things that he is an admitted member of the Rosicrucian Order.
-Andre

So this guy is just the same as some born again bible thumper selling their bad ideas to the gullible. Why is it belief systems seem to NEED to do this?
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2014, 06:27:42 AM »
Mking says "So he isn't selling those books on alien visitation on Kindle? They are all free?"   Nope you are right, i just looked on amazon, he is selling his stuff.

I knew it. At least when local thought police in the form of the Born Again/Moonies/Jehovah Witnesses/Anti-Frackers stop at the door, they aren't instantly hooking you up to buy their Praise Jesus/God/Allah ap on the iTunes store to tell you what to think, what direction to genuflect in, what dogma to recite endlessly in the hope of replacing independent thought with the mantra.
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 08:14:48 AM »
A big chunk of the Gospels recount Jesus "debunking" the prevalent spiritual beliefs in his culture, ever since he was a young boy in Nazareth. I imagine, if he was born into this time, he would be right on these forums debunking New Age spiritual perversions of Christianity as well.

"10Jesus called the crowd to him and said, ďListen and understand. 11What goes into someoneís mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.Ē -Mt. 5

I imagine, if Jesus was born into this time, he would a) have better things to do that waste His precious time in such debates, and b) not be able to secure reliable electricity or bandwidth from his home in Gaza.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 09:11:32 AM »
@ Ashvin  If I have a knee jerk response to the new age ,Aquarian age, Egar Cayce, Rosicrucian, Star People, ufo's, and basically occult phenomena, I come by it honestly. Form 16 to 20 years old and then form 29 to 34 years old, i was a new ager, no doubt about it. From 19 to 27 years old I was a born again Christian, married a really Christian woman and had/have two beautiful children ( well they are 36 and 38 years old now). I was on fire for Jesus, I even spoke in tongues and was baptized in a Church of Christ in the Shasta mountains ,nude, in a freezing Baptistry. I preached in malls, and ski resorts and started a church while serving my time as a C.O.. I was in the Church of Christ mostly until we moved to Central Missouri where we went to a house church. I play guitar and used to give Christian concerts all the time with a couple different Christian bands. I brought with me to the monastery 5 different Bibles, a concordance and  a "Greek   to English Lexicon." But I never fit into the typical Christian mold. I was always questioning why people kept their wealth. Why they didn't build communities to have all things in common.  I saw Jesus as a revolutionary to his time. He didn't aquire wealth and lived poorly, he talked about love god with all your heart mind and soul, as being the greatest of all commandments, not the petty stuff that was being constantly made up with the church goers. So I know where you are coming from for sure. I admit a weak spot for anything new age and off the beaten path like azozeo has presented, just to find out how he came to his "beliefs', and to listen with an open mind to learn a different perspective.
  In 1985 I met the older monk in this monastery, and began a friendship with him. In 1986 I entered the monastery and have not left since.  Our ways are very simple, and one mantra describes our practice fairly well "Mind empty, heart open, body dancing." that 's been 29 years with a vow of poverty, and living surround by forest, raising lots of animals and planting our gardens. I love it.
  I all the years I was a Christian only one person I knew pretty good became a Christian because of my preaching. I am afraid the odds of you converted or even debunking what you believe is anti-christian or even ides that have Satanic influence is really a hopeless job. There are  thousands of different beliefs other than Evangelical Christianity. Your not even going to make a dent, but I guess you feel that if even one soul that turns from these lies by non-believers then it is all worth it. So I really do understand. Just thought you might find it interesting that at one time you would have been one of my closest Christian pals with all your zeal. One of my zealous friends called me one night and asked if wanted to join him in town to go to the bars and "Kick the gates of hell wide open!" I declined, that was just a little to radical.  :)

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2014, 11:10:27 AM »
I all the years I was a Christian only one person I knew pretty good became a Christian because of my preaching. I am afraid the odds of you converted or even debunking what you believe is anti-christian or even ides that have Satanic influence is really a hopeless job. There are  thousands of different beliefs other than Evangelical Christianity. Your not even going to make a dent, but I guess you feel that if even one soul that turns from these lies by non-believers then it is all worth it. So I really do understand. Just thought you might find it interesting that at one time you would have been one of my closest Christian pals with all your zeal. One of my zealous friends called me one night and asked if wanted to join him in town to go to the bars and "Kick the gates of hell wide open!" I declined, that was just a little to radical.  :)

Speaking what I believe to be truth is an end in itself, not a means to an end. My belief in a God who is real and sovereign dictates that I leave the results in His hands.

What is most confusing to me is how easily some people take offense to criticism of their views. Someone posts a video promoting Mtsar, and no one has a problem. Then I post a video and comment criticizing him, and a few people feel like I am being "intolerant". It makes no sense for people to feel that way, especially on a Doomer forum where critical thinking and discussion/debate is supposed to be the norm.

That's why I always enjoy when Ka gets involved, because I know he will consider my arguments and respond with counter-arguments if he feels that I have erred. He never resorts to ad hom, armchair psychoanalysis or anything of that sort. Anyway, getting back to Tsarion, I have no idea whether he is a Satanic disinfo agent as some Christian critics suggest. It's an interesting possibility to consider, but it's also besides the point.

I'm mostly interested in whether he and other New Agers are being intellectually honest in their analysis of scripture and Christian theology, and I have found that 99% of the time they are not. Their distortions are not inconsequential either, IMO. So I will criticize people like Mtsar and the New Agers as much as I will Dawkins and the New Atheists. I'm not trying to squash the voices of anyone who believes in those guys. In fact, I am most interested in hearing how they respond and defend their beliefs.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2014, 11:11:12 AM »
Appreciate the nice christian approach to slandering the hell out of me there Ashvin.
I allow you to walk your sleepy comic book approach to the cosmos. I can't understand
why your in the back of the bible when you haven't even got the 1st few pages correct.
It's all about the creation of the cosmos. Any book in the first few pages, whether it's a
romance novel, math book, science book or whatever gives you a distinct outline of the
cast of characters that book is going to discuss. i.e. genesis talks about the Pleiades
& Orion & other cosmological locations. The bible is a science book. I've pointed this out
to you several times already. It's chock full of biochemistry, psychology, & astrophysics.
It's not about comic book heroes coming in to save the day when the bad guys take over.
It's about saving yourself from within. I suggest starting over at page 1 & trying to understand
the authors scientific approach rather than some jackwagon from theological colleges approach
that stands up in front of the congregation to finger point for 15 minutes about how bad we
humans are & then of all things puts his hand out for money so he can make his new Chrysler
or Lincoln payment. It's a setup, a ponzi scheme of "biblical" proportions. Your hero, J.C. says so.
"They have eyes to see & ears to hear, but they don't use them". (I paraphrase) You've done zero
research on this subject & it's clearly evident. But you go to those "services" (you're being sold a
service) & bob your head up & down & persecute all that refuses to believe your Pisces era doctrine's.
I truly feel sorry for you & anyone who has to tolerate your hatred. I hope you wake up some day. 
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2014, 11:17:40 AM »
Here's a great in depth 3 hour lecture by Michael Tsarion.
It discusses the psychosis we've all been put under.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX_hR6ljXow
A real eye opener. Enjoy
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2014, 11:22:18 AM »
Ashvin, just so you know. The Masons donate over $1,000,000.00 A DAY to children
who have had critical medical issues, such as critical life threatening burns.
Before speaking, look at all aspects of a subject, like your BFF Ka.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:18:46 PM by azozeo »

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2014, 11:53:56 AM »
Ashvin said,
And you and az spend a good chunk of time promoting New Age spirituality on this forum, posting their videos and their articles. What makes it OK for you to do that and not for me to promote evangelical Christianity?
:emthup:BINGO!

Knarf,
As a Christian, I don't give a rodent's rear about the odds. Hebrews Chapter 11 makes it quite clear that a Christian can go through his entire life and see ZERO positive results from being a Christian, die in poverty or/and an object of disdain by everyone around him.

So, as Hans Solo said, don't tell me the odds.  :icon_mrgreen: And Ad hominem has no place in this debate. I know you feel strongly about your path and have been there and done that. You have seen rank hypocrisy in nominal Christians while you DO walk the talk they claim they walk. Don't feel like the lone ranger. I've been thrown out of at least two churches for telling it like it is.  :icon_mrgreen:

At any rate, if you resort to ridicule when discussing deeply held beliefs, there is no debate, period.  :emthdown:

You have not touched with a ten foot pole, for example, my personal experiences with a personal God. Do you think I'm lying to you and the others here? Raised as a Catholic, I called BULLSHIT on Catholicism and became an atheist and laughed at the "weak minded" people that sought Christianity as a crutch!   

I, like you, am telling the truth of my life experience. You have a belief system which, while absolutely ethical, avoids the central issue of where we get ethics from. Ashvin and I are convinced we get them from God. Are you convinced we get them from a basic energy transfer concept where entropy is "evil" and conservation of energy is "good"? No, that's not Az's thing. Az knows there is a lot wrong out there but refuses to see human nature (including his own) as the central cause.

I believe Ashvin, Surly and myself see any attempt at parading our superiority to the other sheep out there as Az does is unfounded arrogance based on self worship.

Sure, Christians can be as arrogant and insufferable as the most narcissistic windbag out there. SO WHAT? When that happens, let's just argue the merits and avoid the windbaggery. Otherwise, all the readers of this vibrant topic get turned off. None of us want that, do we.  ;D

Surly,
The word of God always bears good fruit. Whether Ashvin, you or I ever see it is irrelevant. And I DO think that J.C. frequents sites like this. The vibrant interest in all aspects of the human condition voiced here shows that we have people that CARE about finding the RIGHT way to be, act and believe about reality.

J.C. goes wherever there are people who genuinely seek answers. The Doomstead Diner is one of those places.

Yeah, I know... RE is about to bombard us with jpgs and gifs about doing God's work! 
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2014, 12:15:27 PM »
Human nature my arse.........
We've (our species) has been screwed with. Our DNA is altered from the original blueprint.
The creators of our species would have had to have been frickin' morons to build such an idiotic
creature. It's been discussed in the book of genesis. The fallen ones found earth girls pleasurable.
They made babies & wha-la here we are. Watch Tsarions lecture that I just posted. If you don't have
a lot of time, watch the last hour. It's jaw dropping. 

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2014, 12:22:06 PM »
Sorry Agelbert, but I can't bring myself to believing in some skydaddy with a chalkboard
keeping score of everyone.
It's not unfounded arrogance, there's a fine line between confidence & arrogance.
It's OK to have the utmost respect & belief in ones self. I'm a happy camper & plan
on staying that way, no matter what comes down the pipe. Just watch my latest
video I posted & maybe some of this knowledge may rub off on you, & even possibly Ashvin.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:26:47 PM by azozeo »