AuthorTopic: Knarf's Knewz Channel  (Read 774949 times)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Extinction Symbol - 841 Photos
« Reply #9060 on: November 14, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »
https://www.flickr.com/groups/extinctionsymbol/pool/
HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING! Our communities blog is at https://openmind693.wordpress.com

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction Symbol - 841 Photos
« Reply #9061 on: November 14, 2017, 03:55:26 PM »

Knarf,
Have you ever noticed the Ascension symbol ?
Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face
And stars fill my dream
I’m a traveler of both time and space
To be where I have been
To sit with elders of the gentle race
This world has seldom seen
They talk of days for which they sit and wait
All will be revealed

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: November 14, 2017, 04:21:14 PM »

I'm Jealous. 

We need to play catch-up

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: November 15, 2017, 01:16:35 AM »
HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING! Our communities blog is at https://openmind693.wordpress.com

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: November 15, 2017, 06:53:35 AM »

Knarf,

Show me which one you mean. There are a lot of them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ascension+symbol&client=firefox-b-ab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnx4bSnsDXAhUD4iYKHXZhACEQ_AUICigB&biw=1024&bih=689

I noticed that as well.
Folks love choices.
The one I'm referring to is the diamond within the circle.
It's actually the same symbol used by the Addicts Anonymous. Alky's Anon uses the triangle within the circle.
And stars fill my dream
To be where I have been
All will be revealed

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: November 15, 2017, 06:56:12 AM »
Folks love choices.

Choices are good if you have CFS.  If you are in Woo-Woo Land, not so good.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: November 15, 2017, 07:01:30 AM »
Folks love choices.

RE

Alright Watson,
What's the new symbol for 5D on the New Earth.
& don't go spreading your mug across my laptop screen neither.....
And stars fill my dream
To be where I have been
All will be revealed

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: November 15, 2017, 07:16:55 AM »

Knarf,

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ascension+symbol&client=firefox-b-ab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnx4bSnsDXAhUD4iYKHXZhACEQ_AUICigB&biw=1024&bih=689

I noticed that as well.
Folks love choices.
It's actually the same symbol used by the Addicts Anonymous. Alky's Anon uses the triangle within the circle.

like this...

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Mark Twain Quotes on Politics, Religion, and the Human Condition - updated 11/10
« Reply #9068 on: November 15, 2017, 07:19:35 AM »

Mark Twain had a way with words beyond his books and stories. He was also quite sharp with insults and opinions, especially regarding politics and religion.

"Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." –Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." –Mark Twain

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." –Mark Twain

"Never argue with stupid people.

They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." –Mark Twain

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." –Mark Twain

"Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can." –Mark Twain

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography." –Mark Twain

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." –Mark Twain

"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." –Mark Twain

"An honest man in politics shines more there than he would elsewhere." –Mark Twain

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." –Mark Twain

"All Congresses and Parliaments have a kindly feeling for idiots, and a compassion for them, on account of personal experience and heredity." –Mark Twain

"Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about." –Mark Twain

"Loyalty to country ALWAYS.

Loyalty to government, when it deserves it." –Mark Twain

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." –Mark Twain

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." –Mark Twain

"The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

"In the first place God made idiots.

This was for practice. Then He made school boards." –Mark Twain

"You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, burning bushes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that need help?" –Mark Twain

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also." –Mark Twain

"Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable." –Mark Twain

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." –Mark Twain

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." –Mark Twain

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society." –Mark Twain

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed." –Mark Twain

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog." –Mark Twain

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." –Mark Twain

"It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either." –Mark Twain

"Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." –Mark Twain

"George Washington, as a boy, was ignorant of the commonest accomplishments of youth.

He could not even lie." –Mark Twain

"I have a higher and grander standard of principle than George Washington. He could not lie; I can, but I won't." –Mark Twain

"Honesty is the best policy - when there is money in it." –Mark Twain

"I would rather have my ignorance than another man's knowledge, because I have so much more of it." –Mark Twain

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." –Mark Twain

"To be good is noble; but to show others how to be good is nobler and no trouble." –Mark Twain

"The gentle reader will never, never know what a consummate ass he can become until he goes abroad. I speak now, of course, in the supposition that the gentle reader has not been abroad, and therefore is not already a consummate ass." –Mark Twain

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned.

When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." –Mark Twain

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." –Mark Twain

"Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well." –Mark Twain

"What would men be without women? Scarce, sir...mighty scarce." –Mark Twain

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination." –Mark Twain

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." –Mark Twain

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." –Mark Twain

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug." –Mark Twain

"April 1. This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four." –Mark Twain

"Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it." –Mark Twain

"I did not attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." –Mark Twain

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." –Mark Twain

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." –Mark Twain

"The silent colossal National Lie that is the support and confederate of all the tyrannies and shams and inequalities and unfairnesses that afflict the peoples — that is the one to throw bricks and sermons at." –Mark Twain

"There is no sadder thing than a young pessimist‚ except an old optimist." –Mark Twain

"Thousands of geniuses live and die undiscovered — either by themselves or by others." –Mark Twain

"In a good bookroom you feel in some mysterious way that you are absorbing the wisdom contained in all the books through your skin, without even opening them." –Mark Twain

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." –Mark Twain

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." –Mark Twain

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option." –Mark Twain

"A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory." –Mark Twain

"A full belly is little worth where the mind is starved." –Mark Twain

"Man is the only animal that blushes.

Or needs to." –Mark Twain

"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices whatsoever." –Mark Twain

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." –Mark Twain

"Humor must not professedly teach, and it must not professedly preach, but it must do both if it would live forever. By forever, I mean thirty years." –Mark Twain

"Only laughter can blow [a colossal humbug] to rags and atoms at a blast. Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand." –Mark Twain

"There are many humorous things in the world; among them, the white man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages." –Mark Twain

"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." –Mark Twain

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." –Mark Twain

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live." –Mark Twain

"A half-truth is the most cowardly of lies." –Mark Twain

"Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned." –Mark Twain

"Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." –Mark Twain

"There's one way to find out if a man is honest: ask him; if he says yes, you know he's crooked." –Mark Twain

"The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause." –Mark Twain

"Writing is easy. All you have to do is cross out the wrong words." –Mark Twain

"The Bible has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies." –Mark Twain

"If Christ were here there is one thing he would not be -- a Christian." –Mark Twain

"Obscurity and a competence—that is the life that is best worth living." –Mark Twain

“Often it does seem such a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." –Mark Twain

"The most interesting information come from children, for they tell all they know and then stop." –Mark Twain

“Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." –Mark Twain

"Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it." –Mark Twain

"I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened." –Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company." –Mark Twain

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." –Mark Twain

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." –Mark Twain

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." –Mark Twain

"Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." –Mark Twain

https://www.thoughtco.com/mark-twain-quotes-2734314

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
The gun numbers: just 3% of American adults own a collective 133m firearms
« Reply #9069 on: November 15, 2017, 07:28:08 AM »
Facts show owning more than 40 guns is actually fairly common in the United States, and violence falls most heavily on the country’s poorest neighborhoods

You’ve heard the statistics before: Americans have more guns per head than any nation on earth – along with gun violence rates that are dramatically higher than other rich, developed countries.

But these big-picture facts can be misleading. Not every American is packing heat and gun violence is intensely concentrated in small neighbourhoods.

Here’s a look at the dramatic concentration of America’s guns – and America’s violence:
Gun ownership

American civilians own at least 265m firearms, which gives Americans the highest rate of per capita firearm ownership in the world, with about one gun for every American.

Yemen comes in a distant second, with about 55 guns for every 100 people, according to data from the 2007 Small Arms Survey.

But surveys show that gun ownership in America is actually highly concentrated. Only 22 to 31% of Americans adults say they personally own a gun.

Rates of personal and household gun ownership appear to have declined over the past decades – roughly two-thirds of Americans today say they live in a gun-free household. By contrast, in the late 1970s, the majority of Americans said they lived in a household with guns.

Most of America’s gun owners have relatively modest collections, with the majority of gun owners having an average of just three guns, and nearly half owning just one or two, according to a 2015 survey by Harvard and Northeastern researchers, which gave the most in-depth estimate of Americans’ current patterns of gun ownerships.

But America’s gun super-owners, have amassed huge collections. Just 3% of American adults own a collective 133m firearms – half of America’s total gun stock. These owners have collections that range from eight to 140 guns, the 2015 study found. Their average collection: 17 guns each.

After the Las Vegas shooting, officials said the killer had 23 guns in his hotel room, and another 19 at home. Some Americans asked, shocked, why one person purchasing so many guns had not set off any red flags.

Part of the answer is that owning more than 40 guns is actually fairly common in the United States: there are an estimated 7.7 million super-owners, which might make it difficult to flag a mass shooter building an arsenal from enthusiastic collectors and gun enthusiasts piling up different kinds of guns for hunting different kinds of game, a selection of handguns for self-defense, and various accessories for the popular, customizable military-style rifles that enthusiasts have compared to lethal Lego sets for grown men.

“Why do you need more than one pair of shoes? The truth is, you don’t, but do you want more than one pair of shoes? If you’re going hiking, you don’t want to use that one pair of high heels,” Philip van Cleave, the president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, a gun rights group, explained last year.

Super-owners were less diverse than gun owners overall, with super-owners more likely to be male, less likely to be black or Hispanic, and more likely to own a gun for protection, researchers said.

While Americans have a constitutional right to have a gun in their homes for self defense, an increasing number of Americans also appear to be armed on a regular basis outside their homes. A newly released study found that three million Americans carry loaded handguns with them on a daily basis, and nine million Americans do so on a monthly basis. Most of those choosing to carry are men.

These statistics rely on survey estimates because there’s no official, national count of how many guns Americans own – or even what the grand total of civilian gun ownership is. This is why estimates range from 265m in the 2015 study to above 400m (Yes, gun ownership in America is so private that there’s a 100m gun gap between different estimates).
Gun violence

More than 38,000 Americans were killed with guns last year, according to preliminary statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Both gun suicide and gun homicide have risen in recent years, although America’s rates of gun homicide still remains dramatically below what they were in the early 1990s.

Gun suicides make up the majority of gun deaths, more than 20,000 each year. But violent gun injuries represent an even larger toll: more than 60,000 people are shot each year and survive, according to CDC estimates.

In 2015, the most recent year with detailed data on fatal gun deaths, there were more than 36,000 overall firearm deaths, including 22,000 gun suicides and 13,000 gun homicides. That same year, according to The Counted, a Guardian project tracking police killings, more than 1,000 Americans were shot to death by the police.

More than 700 gun murders each year are related to domestic violence. An Associated Press analysis of official crime data between 2006 and 2014 found an average of 760 Americans were killed with guns each year by spouses, former spouses, or dating partners.

The vast majority of these domestic violence victims were women, and about 75% were the current wives or girlfriends of the people who killed them. These numbers, based on murders that were reported to the FBI as related to domestic violence, are likely an undercount of the total, and do not include children or bystanders killed during a domestic violence shooting.

There are also stark racial, economic and geographic disparities in the toll of America’s gun violence epidemic. Experts say violence is a kind of regressive tax, falling most heavily on the country’s poorest neighborhoods and most vulnerable people.

More than 25% of America’s gun homicides in 2015 happened across census blocks that contain just 1.5% of the country’s total population.

While gun control advocates often say it is unacceptable that Americans overall are “25 times more likely to be murdered with a gun than people in other developed countries”, people who live in these neighborhood areas face an average gun homicide rate about 400 times higher than the rate across those high-income countries.

More than half of America’s gun homicides were clustered in just 127 cities and towns, which together have less than a quarter of the nation’s population.

Researchers have found that America’s gun violence is concentrated not just geographically, but also within social networks.

Some researchers suggest that the risk of violent victimisation may spread from person to person like a virus, meaning that particular networks of people, not whole neighborhoods or racial or other demographic groups, are most at risk.

In Oakland, California, analysts found that networks of just 1,000 to 1,200 high-risk people, about .3% of Oakland’s population, were involved in about 60% of the city’s murders.

In New Orleans, just 600 to 700 people, less than 1% of the city’s population, were involved in more than 50% of fatal incidents.

In Chicago, analysts working with police department data found that, over a six-year period, 70% of non-fatal shootings and 46% of gun homicides happened within a sprawling social network that included just 6% of Chicago’s total population.

While we have you … help us break the cycle of failure on gun violence
$15,146 raised so far
$100K goal
It’s time for a radically different approach to media coverage of gun violence in the US. The Guardian is seeking contributions to fund Break the Cycle, our in-depth series to challenge the orthodoxy that gun control is simply too difficult – and promote creative solutions.

Politicians often insist after mass shootings that “now is not the time” to discuss reform. We believe now is the time. By keeping the issue of gun violence in the public eye, we can drive a conversation and create meaningful change. Your support will fund our in-depth reporting on guns throughout 2018.
Make a contribution

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/15/the-gun-numbers-just-3-of-american-adults-own-a-collective-133m-firearms?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Egyptian singer Sherine banned for 'mocking' River Nile
« Reply #9070 on: November 15, 2017, 07:31:11 AM »

Sherine Abdel Wahab issued a statement apologising for her "foolish joke" at the concert

Egypt's musicians' union has banned a leading singer from performing in the country for "mocking" the River Nile.

It came after video emerged showing Sherine Abdel Wahab being asked at a concert to sing Mashrebtesh Men Nilha (Have You Ever Drunk From The Nile).

She responded by saying "drinking from the Nile will get me schistosomiasis" - a disease caused by parasitic worms that is commonly known as bilharzia.

Abdel Wahab then advised the fan to "drink Evian water" instead.

On Tuesday, the Egyptian Musicians Syndicate announced that it had reviewed the video and decided to suspend the 37 year old over her apparent "unjustified mockery of our dear Egypt".

The union said it had opened an investigation and would not grant Abdel Wahab the necessary permits to perform until she had been questioned.

Abdel Wahab later issued a statement apologising for her "foolish joke" at the concert, which she said took place in the Gulf emirate of Sharjah more than a year ago.

"My beloved country Egypt and and sons of my country Egypt, I apologise to you with all my heart for any pain caused to any of you," she added.

Schistosomiasis is an acute and chronic disease caused by a parasitic worm that lives in fresh water in subtropical and tropical regions.

People become infected when larval forms of the parasite penetrate the skin during contact with infested water. In the body the larvae develop into adult worms that live in the blood vessels, where the females release eggs. Some become trapped in body tissues, causing immune reactions and progressive damage to organs.

The parasite is most commonly found throughout Africa, but also lives in parts of South America, the Caribbean, the Middle East and Asia.

In recent decades national control programmes have successfully reduced prevalence of schistosomiasis in many countries, including Egypt.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-41995932

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: November 15, 2017, 07:31:41 AM »

Knarf,

I noticed that as well.
Folks love choices.

like this...

very cool.....
 :emthup:  :icon_sunny:
And stars fill my dream
To be where I have been
All will be revealed

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Zimbabwe army has Mugabe and wife in custody, controls capital
« Reply #9072 on: November 15, 2017, 07:36:56 AM »
Army denies takeover, says it is only going after 'criminals' around the president

Zimbabwe's army said Wednesday it has President Robert Mugabe and his wife in custody, and is securing government offices and patrolling the capital's streets following a night of unrest that included a military takeover of the state broadcaster.

The night's action triggered speculation of a coup, but the military's supporters praised it as a "bloodless correction."

South Africa's president says he has spoken with Mugabe and that the 93-year-old leader is confined to his home but is "fine," although the military hasn't confirmed where Mugabe and his wife are being held.

A statement by President Jacob Zuma's office says he's sending South Africa's ministers of defence and state security to Zimbabwe to meet with Mugabe and the military there, and is calling for calm.

It's the first time this southern African nation's military is opposing Mugabe, the world's oldest head of state and one of the longest-serving authoritarian rulers. Mugabe has been in power since Zimbabwe's independence from white minority rule in 1980.

Armed soldiers in armoured personnel carriers stationed themselves at key points in Harare, while Zimbabweans formed long lines at banks in order to draw the limited cash available, a routine chore in the country's ongoing financial crisis. People looked at their phones to read about the army takeover and others went to work or to shops.

Mugabe's security 'guaranteed'

In an address to the nation after taking control of the Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation, Maj.-Gen. Sibusiso Moyo said early Wednesday the military is targeting "criminals" around Mugabe, and sought to reassure the country that order will be restored.

Without saying where Mugabe and his wife are being held, Moyo said, "Their security is guaranteed."

"We wish to make it abundantly clear that this is not a military takeover," he said. "We are only targeting criminals around [Mugabe] who are committing crimes that are causing social and economic suffering in the country in order to bring them to justice."

Moyo added that "as soon as we have accomplished our mission, we expect that the situation will return to normalcy."

He called on churches to pray for the nation. He urged other security forces to "co-operate for the good of our country," warning that "any provocation will be met with an appropriate response."

In the clip below, the CBC's Margaret Evans, who spent time reporting in Zimbabwe earlier this year, spoke to The National's Andrew Chang about the implications of a potential coup.

The events have unfolded in the wake of Mugabe's controversial firing of Vice-President Emmerson Mnangagwa, who had previously been seen as a likely successor, removing an obstacle to the presidential ambitions of Mugabe's wife.
War veterans praise army

All troops were ordered to return to barracks immediately, with all leave cancelled, said Moyo. The broadcast was sent out from the ZBC headquarters in Pocket's Hill near Harare's Borrowdale suburb.

Overnight, at least three explosions were heard in the capital of Harare, and military vehicles were seen in the streets.

The military actions appear to put the army in control of the country.

Army Cmdr. Constantino Chiwenga had threatened on Monday to "step in" to calm political tensions. Mugabe's ruling ZANU-PF party responded by accusing the general of "treasonable conduct." But now Chiwenga appears to be in control.

The army has been praised by the nation's war veterans for carrying out "a bloodless correction of gross abuse of power." The military will return Zimbabwe to "genuine democracy" and make the country a "modern model nation," Chris Mutsvangwa, chairman of the influential war veterans' association, told The Associated Press in Johannesburg.

That organization's secretary general, Victor Matemadanda, says the veterans stand with the army and Mugabe should be recalled as president and ruling party leader.

Matemadanda told reporters in Harare that the country has been sliding into a "state of chaos."

He said the ruling party should establish a commission of inquiry into Mugabe and why he decided to let his wife insult veterans and the Armed Forces.

Tendai Biti, a former Zimbabwe finance minister and current activist, said of Mugabe: "The old man should be allowed to rest."

Biti told South African broadcaster eNCA that Mugabe is a "very intelligent man who must know the die is cast."

Mugabe has long been accused of human rights violations, including increasing crackdowns on dissent, amid a deteriorating economy.

"Police abuse increased, and there was excessive use of force to crush dissent," said the New York-based Human Rights Watch in its latest report on the country.

"Human rights defenders, civil society activists, journalists and government opponents were harassed, threatened or faced arbitrary arrest by police. Widespread impunity continues for abuses by police and state security agents."
Canadians told to stay indoors

Mnangagwa fled Zimbabwe last week after being fired from his post as vice-president, but said he would return to lead the country.

Last month, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau joined the United States and a host of other countries, as well as health and human rights leaders, in condemning Mugabe's appointment as a goodwill ambassador for the World Health Organization.

"Quite frankly I thought it was a bad April Fool's joke," Trudeau said last month after hearing the news.

The WHO removed Mugabe from that role after numerous organizations, including the World Heart Federation and Cancer Research U.K., said they were "shocked and deeply concerned" because of Mugabe's "long track record of human rights violations."
From 1 'unelected tyrant' to the next?

British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said the U.K. is monitoring the situation in Zimbabwe.

Johnson said Britain has always wanted Zimbabwe's citizens to be masters of their own fate, and that the country has fantastic potential under the right political system.

"It's very fluid and it's hard to say exactly how this will turn out," said Johnson, adding it's not yet clear whether these events will mark the downfall of Mugabe. "The most important point to make is that everybody wants to see a stable and successful Zimbabwe and I think we are really appealing for everybody to refrain from violence."

"Nobody wants simply to see the transition from one unelected tyrant to a next. No one wants to see that. We want to see proper, free and fair elections," Johnson told the British Parliament.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/zimbabwe-military-control-mugabe-1.4402771

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
She is raising awareness of the sixth mass extinction, always.
« Reply #9073 on: November 15, 2017, 07:49:35 AM »
 Hapi & Lost Species‏ @HapiVibe
17h17 hours ago

Thank you @lovesongwriting and @thepianoworks for the opportunity to perform tonight.

[And I am raising awareness of the sixth mass extinction, always].

#Extinctionisforever

@extinctsymbol

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: November 15, 2017, 11:04:43 AM »
Folks love choices.

RE

Alright Watson,
What's the new symbol for 5D on the New Earth.
& don't go spreading your mug across my laptop screen neither.....

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN