AuthorTopic: Knarf's Knewz Channel  (Read 807593 times)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Why Jerusalem is not the capital of Israel
« Reply #9540 on: December 07, 2017, 04:51:13 AM »
US President Donald Trump called Jerusalem the capital of Israel on Wednesday and began the process moving his country's embassy to the city.

The move sparked global condemnation from world leaders.

Israel occupied East Jerusalem at the end of the 1967 War with Syria, Egypt and Jordan; the western half of the holy city had been captured in the 1948 Arab-Israeli war.

Israel's occupation of East Jerusalem effectively put the entire city under de facto Israeli control. Israeli jurisdiction and ownership of Jerusalem, however, is not recognised by the international community, including the United States.

The status of Jerusalem remains one of the main sticking points in efforts to resolve the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
International community position

Under the 1947 UN Partition Plan to divide historical Palestine between Jewish and Arab states, Jerusalem was granted special status and was meant to be placed under international sovereignty and control. The special status was based on Jerusalem's religious importance to the three Abrahamic religions.

In the 1948 war, following the UN's recommendation to divide Palestine, Zionist forces took control of the western half of the city and declared the territory part of its state.

During the 1967 war, Israel captured the eastern half of Jerusalem, which was under Jordanian control at the time, and proceeded to effectively annex it by extending Israeli law, bringing it directly under its jurisdiction, in a breach of international law.

In 1980, Israel passed the "Jerusalem Law", stating that "Jerusalem, complete and united, is the capital of Israel", thereby formalising its annexation of East Jerusalem.

In response, the UN Security Council passed Resolution 478 in 1980, declaring the law "null and void".

The international community, including the US, officially regards East Jerusalem as occupied territory. Additionally, no country in the world recognises any part of Jerusalem as Israel's capital, with the exception of Russia, which announced its recognition of West Jerusalem as the capital of Israel earlier this year.

As of now, all embassies are based in Tel Aviv.

However, on Wednesday, December 6, US President Donald Trump is expected to announce US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital and direct the state department to begin the lengthy process of moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to the city, according to senior White House officials.

The illegal Israeli annexation of East Jerusalem violates several principles under international law, which outlines that an occupying power does not have sovereignty in the territory it occupies.
Palestinians in Jerusalem

Despite Israel's de facto annexation of East Jerusalem, Palestinians who live there were not granted Israeli citizenship.

Today, some 420,000 Palestinians in East Jerusalem have "permanent residency" ID cards. They also carry temporary Jordanian passports without a national identification number. This means that they are not full Jordanian citizens - they need a work permit to work in Jordan and do not have access to governmental services and benefits such as reduced education fees.

Palestinian Jerusalemites are essentially stateless, stuck in legal limbo - they are not citizens of Israel, nor are they citizens of Jordan or Palestine.

Israel treats Palestinians in East Jerusalem as foreign immigrants who live there as a favour granted to them by the state and not by right, despite having been born there. They are required to fulfil a certain set of requirements to maintain their residency status and live in constant fear of having their residency revoked.

Any Palestinian who has lived outside the boundaries of Jerusalem for a certain period of time, whether in a foreign country or even in the West Bank, is at risk of losing their right to live there.

Those who cannot prove that the "centre of their life" is in Jerusalem and that they have lived there continuously, lose their right to live in their city of birth. They must submit dozens of documents including title deeds, rent contracts and salary slips. Obtaining citizenship from another country also leads to the revocation of their status.

In the meantime, any Jew around the world enjoys the right to live in Israel and to obtain Israeli citizenship under Israel's Law of Return.

Since 1967, Israel has revoked the status of 14,000 Palestinians, according to Israeli rights group B'Tselem.
Settlements

Israel's settlement project in East Jerusalem, which is aimed at the consolidation of Israel's control over the city, is also considered illegal under international law.

The UN has affirmed in several resolutions that the settlement project is in direct contravention of the Fourth Geneva Convention, which prohibits an occupying country from transferring its population into the areas it occupies.

There are several reasons behind this: to ensure that the occupation is temporary and to prevent the occupying state from establishing a long-term presence through military rule; to protect the occupied civilians from the theft of resources; to prevent apartheid and changes in the demographic makeup of the territory.

Yet, since 1967, Israel has built more than a dozen housing complexes for Jewish Israelis, known as settlements, some in the middle of Palestinian neighbourhoods in East Jerusalem.

About 200,000 Israeli citizens live in East Jerusalem under army and police protection, with the largest single settlement complex housing 44,000 Israelis.

Such fortified settlements, often scattered between Palestinians' homes, infringe on the freedom of movement, privacy and security of Palestinians.

Though Israel claims Jerusalem as its undivided capital, the realities for those who live there cannot be more different.

While Palestinians live under apartheid-like conditions, Israelis enjoy a sense of normality, guaranteed for them by their state.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2017/05/jerusalem-capital-israel-170524091310050.html
HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING! Our communities blog is at https://openmind693.wordpress.com

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Donald Trump: a universal scapegoat?
« Reply #9541 on: December 07, 2017, 04:54:04 AM »

Even though Trump's tendency to blame the political establishment for everything is legendary, less well-known is other politicians' tendency to blame everything on Trump, writes Diab

While former US President Barack Obama regularly signalled that the "buck stops here", even for matters that were not directly his responsibility, his successor, Donald Trump, lobs the buck way over there to escape responsibility, even for his own direct actions.

Even though Trump's tendency to blame the political establishment for everything is legendary, less well-known is other politicians' tendency to blame everything on Trump. Both tendencies were on full display during the unexpected transatlantic spat with the UK sparked by Donald Trump's decision to re-tweet propaganda videos shared by the fringe far-right group Britain First.

Condemning Trump's implicit endorsement of the Britain First, the British premier Theresa May said the extremist group "stands in fundamental opposition to the values that we share as a nation - values of respect, tolerance and, dare I say it, common decency." Britain's Foreign Minister Boris Johnson echoed his boss's sentiment, calling Britain First " a divisive, hateful group whose views are not in line with our values".

Invoking the UK's "proud history as an open, tolerant society", Johnson emphasised that "hate speech has no place here".

The sheer and breathtaking audacity and hypocrisy of this statement will immediately strike anyone who has followed, even cursorily, Boris Johnson's almost peerless ability to offend people around the world, including his offensive claim that Libya offered great investment opportunities once they " clear the dead bodies away".

Although wittier with a manufactured bumbling affability, his persona as dishevelled as his blonde mop of hair, Boris Johnson has much in common with Donald Trump. Both the sons of privilege, their political careers rest not on any political achievements but on their popular media personas. In the case of Johnson, his regular appearances on the popular satirical show Have I Got News For You and his widely read column for the Daily Telegraph propelled him into the Tories' political A-list.

Just because [Trump] is the villain that does not automatically make all his opponents and critics heroes or even innocents.

Long before Donald Trump became a leading advocate of the anti-Obama birther movement and officially inaugurated the era of "post-truth" and "alternative facts", Boris Johnson is credited with inventing EU-related fake news. "He turned euro-scepticism into an art form," a former colleague recalled. "Boris campaigned against the cartoon caricature of Brussels that he himself invented."

Despite the very strong likelihood that Trump will live up to people's expectations of becoming (one of) the worst American president(s) in history, he has yet to accomplish an act of collective national self-harm quite as suicidal as the cynical Johnson-led Brexit movement.

Johnson and May's appeal to tolerance, openness and respect ring even hollower considering how much they and their party have undermined these values, from May's infamous disparagement of the almost half of the British people who regard themselves to be citizens of the world, to the growing tide of xenophobia threatening refugees, migrants and even EU citizens in Brexit Britain.

On the other side of the Atlantic, a similar dissonance exists amongst the conservative political establishment. It is almost as though history both ended and began with Donald Trump. This is clear in the rehabilitation of the former worst American president, George W Bush, who has recently been receiving fawning media coverage for his (veiled) criticism of Trump. Without naming Trump, Bush accused the sitting president of promoting bigotry, fuelling intolerance, undermining democracy and spreading falsehood. "Bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication," Bush rebuked.

For those of us who lived through the Bush years, this is very much a case of the pot calling the kettle black, with the main exception being that Bush was not a racist - at least not by the standards of his party. "Bush paid lip service to rights and norms before crushing them underfoot. Trump is more brazen in his language and more candid in his intent," wrote the prominent author and journalist Gary Younge.

Despite defending diversity rhetorically, Bush and his administration were not beyond using prejudice and paranoia as tools of governance or weapons of mass distraction, even deception. They exploited the post-9/11 atmosphere of fear and anger to trample on civil liberties at home, to co-opt the media, to intimidate or silence opponents, and to launch two large-scale military invasions and occupations (in Afghanistan and Iraq) that killed hundreds of thousands, destabilised the Middle East, and effectively bankrupted the United States.

In order to achieve this, the Bush administration spread exaggerated misinformation and patently fake news, such as Iraq's non-existent WMD arsenal, and browbeat allies and enemies alike, with polarising talk of "you are either with us or against us" and the infamous "axis of evil", which inexplicably placed Baathist Iraq in the same camp as the Islamic Republic of Iran. In the process, the Bush administration squandered the tidal wave of global goodwill and sympathy towards the United States in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

This makes the fact that the conservative resistance against Trump is being led by former Bush administration figures seem extremely ironic. One of the loudest such critics is Bush's former speech writer, David Frum, the man who coined the axis of evil and wrote a glowing biography of the former president, who is now a senior editor at The Atlantic.

It is not just neo-conservatives and the Republican establishment who are failing to search their souls and introspect, the Democratic party's mainstream is also falling short in that mission. While they obsess over the extent of Russian subterfuge and meddling, they ignore their own role in creating the groundwork for the toxicity overtaking Washington. This includes choosing the status quo of Hillary Clinton over the genuine change offered by Bernie Sanders, the decades of support for destructive neo-liberal economics, and the failure to push for the reform of America's authoritarian two-party system and outdated electoral colleges, which saw Clinton win the popular vote but lose the election.

None of this is to understate the threat Donald Trump poses to America and the outside world. But just because he is the villain that does not automatically make all his opponents and critics heroes or even innocents.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/donald-trump-universal-scapegoat-171206083101017.html
HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING! Our communities blog is at https://openmind693.wordpress.com

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
'Open question' if US athletes can attend Olympics in South Korea
« Reply #9542 on: December 07, 2017, 04:58:29 AM »
Whether US athletes will be able to attend the 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea remains an "open question," US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said Wednesday night.
The Winter Olympics are set to be held Feb. 9-25 in Pyeongchang, South Korea. The situation with neighboring North Korea, which has grown increasingly hostile while pursuing its nuclear ambitions, is "changing by the day," Haley said on Fox News, making the security of US athletes uncertain.
Still, Haley said she believes President Donald Trump's administration will work to "find out the best way" to make sure the athletes are protected.

"I think those are conversations we are going to have to have, but what have we always said? We don't ever fear anything, we live our lives," Haley said. "And certainly that is a perfect opportunity for all of them to go and do something they have worked so hard for. What we will do is, we will make sure that we're taking every precaution possible to make sure that they're safe and to know everything that's going on around them."
Asked if it's a "done deal" that US athletes will be able to attend the Olympics, Haley said: "There's an open question. I have not heard anything about that, but I do know in the talks that we have -- whether it's Jerusalem or North Korea -- it's about, how do we protect the US citizens in the area?"

Early this week it was announced Russia would be banned from taking part in the Olympics after "systemic manipulation" of anti-doping rules.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/politics/nikki-haley-olympics-north-korea/index.html

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Waste piled up on a street in New York
« Reply #9543 on: December 07, 2017, 05:00:43 AM »
Many humans have been conditioned to regard this level of consumption as normal.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Knarf's Knewz Channel
« Reply #9544 on: December 07, 2017, 05:16:34 AM »
There was also a time when a woman insisted I fuck her after a date.  I drove her to her own place after having dinner with her.  She pulled me in her door, she did not ask.  I was 22 at the time and so was she.  I had been enamored with Diane and had been trying to get her out on a date for months.  When I finally got the courage up to ask her out she said yes and I was elated.  Diane got pregnant after our date and told her mother I had raped her.  Then she got an abortion.  I knew nothing.  After our date she had not had anything to do with me.  Shunned I was devastated for I had really liked Dianne.  Alone and hurt I fucking cried.  I liked her so much that I did not want to have sex with her at all on our first date only to be another notch in her belt.  Diane was popular.  The nearest person I can think of to describe Diane to you would be Daryl Hannah with lose morals, at 22.

Dude, don't you get it? She wasn't pregnant with your kid. You were the fall guy.

She was pregnant with the child of her real boyfriend, the captain of the football team (or the church youth minister...or some other guy she was trying to protect......Who probably didn't rape her, but who did get her drunk and take advantage of her).

Stuck and not wanting her parents to make her stop seeing the real boyfriend, she took advantage of you (she knew you liked her). After screwing you (literally and figuratively) she could blame the unwanted pregnancy on you and being raped, get  a quick abortion and keep right on fucking the other guy (except she probably figured out birth control at that point)

I'd almost guarantee that this is the real story. It's a really old story and you are far from the first to tell it.

Diane had also told a married couple she spent a lot of time with who I had also known but just a little.  Suddenly they treated me like shit.  They never got the right story and probably still think I'm an asshole.  I had gone out of my way to be friendly with the husband not understanding what was going on.  They were not telling me anything.  If I ever saw Larry again I'd demand we have a talk.  Last time I saw him I was still in the dark about what Diane had done to me. 

I missed this part on my first read through. Actually, Dog, I kinda like Larry for the real sperm donor. It all ties together nicely. I doubt he was in the dark at all about what she did. He knew, and it benefited him to let you take the fall for him.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 05:48:38 AM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Democratic senators to Al Franken: Resign
« Reply #9545 on: December 07, 2017, 05:23:18 AM »
Embattled Sen. Al Franken will make an announcement Thursday, his office told reporters, as calls for the Minnesota Democrat's resignation -- led by female senators and later including party leaders such as Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer -- rapidly gained momentum Wednesday.
Thirty-two Democratic senators -- 13 female and 19 male -- called on Franken to resign as allegations of sexual harassment against him continue to mount. Republican Sen. Susan Collins also called on Franken to quit.

In a statement on Facebook, New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand wrote: "While Senator Franken is entitled to have the Ethics Committee conclude its review, I believe it would be better for our country if he sent a clear message that any kind of mistreatment of women in our society isn't acceptable by stepping aside to let someone else serve."

Sens. Claire McCaskill of Missouri, Patty Murray of Washington, Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire, Kamala Harris of California, Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, Debbie Stabenow of Michigan, Sen. Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Maria Cantwell of Washington, Dianne Feinstein of California, Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Mazie Hirono of Hawaii also joined in the call for Franken to resign.

Sen. Bob Casey of Pennsylvania was the first male Democratic senator to call on Franken to resign just after noon Wednesday. Sens. Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Michael Bennet of Colorado, Ed Markey of Massachusetts, Patrick Leahy of Vermont, Ron Wyden of Oregon, Martin Heinrich of New Mexico, Sen. Tom Udall of New Mexico, Tom Carper of Delaware, Chris Murphy of Connecticut, Jeff Merkley of Oregon, Cory Booker of New Jersey, Gary Peters of Michigan, Jon Tester of Montana and Sherrod Brown of Ohio also called for Franken to step down. Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois -- the Democratic whip -- also called on Franken to resign just before 1 p.m. ET. Independent Sens. Angus King of Maine and Bernie Sanders of Vermont, who both caucus with the Democrats, also called for him to resign.
"I consider Senator Franken a dear friend and greatly respect his accomplishments, but he has a higher obligation to his constituents and the Senate, and he should step down immediately," Schumer said in a statement that went out just before 5 p.m. ET.

The Senate Ethics Committee is investigating Franken following an account described by Leeann Tweeden, a morning news anchor on KABC radio in Los Angeles, which described Franken groping and forcibly kissing her during a USO tour in 2006, before Franken became a senator. After that initial account, several other women came forward to say Franken inappropriately touched them. Franken has repeatedly apologized about behavior that he said "crossed a line" for some women. The second-term senator has also said that he has taken thousands of photos with people over the years and that while he doesn't remember specific pictures or campaign events, any inappropriate behavior was unintentional.
At least six women -- three named and three unnamed -- have accused Franken of inappropriately touching them. The most recent accusation came in a Politico report Wednesday, in which, a woman who chose not to be identified alleged Franken tried to forcibly kiss her after a taping of his radio show in 2006. Franken released a statement categorically denying the accusation. "This allegation is categorically not true and the idea that I would claim this as my right as an entertainer is preposterous," the Minnesota senator said. "I look forward to fully cooperating with the ongoing ethics committee investigation." CNN has not verified the accusations in the Politico report.

person familiar with the conversations told CNN Schumer called Franken after the Politico story published and told him he needed to step down.​ The person said Schumer subsequently had a series of conversations with Franken about stepping down throughout Wednesday.
The calls for Franken to resign come one day after Democratic Rep. John Conyers of Michigan announced he would retire immediately. Conyers had also faced multiple allegations of sexual harassment by former employees, accusations Conyers vehemently he denied.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/politics/al-franken-democratic-senators-resign/index.html

So Roy Moore gets to be in the Senate because (so far) nobody can find a smoking gun that proves he slept with teenagers when he was a young prosecutor (even though it's fairly obvious that he did) , but Al Franken is out because he admitted he made a fool out of himself with women.

The straw that broke the camel's back was apparently a new accusation today that Franken once grabbed this woman and tried to kiss her, back when he was just a famous working comedian. Oh the horror!

I'm telling you, the Democratic Party is so incredibly fucked up.This "zero tolerance for sexual harassment" policy is political suicide. All the male Democratic Senators and Congressmen might as well  dress like women, put on lipstick, and beg the Donald to spank them. What a boatload of total morons.

How do you spell self-destruct?

Totally out of control.  I'm truly baffled.   I too have been an accused.

A 'friend' of Mrs. Dog who also knew her mother went to Mrs. Dog's mother and told her mother she was fucking me.  My mother in law, who never liked me at all, loved her daughter and was not going to devastate Mrs. Dog without checking the story out first.  She soon learned that I could not possibly have been with this 'friend' when claimed because I was somewhere else and Ramona knew it.  That was twenty five years ago. 

The same length of time which has passed since Mrs. Dog has talked to her 'friend' Debbie.   As long as either of us has seen or talked to her.  We know where she is and have had our way of keeping track of Debbie through the years.  She has not had a good life need I say more.  The two had gone to High School together and had known each other about a decade.  Debbie has mental problems and she gets off on ruining marriages.  She has ruined several.

There was also a time when a woman insisted I fuck her after a date.  I drove her to her own place after having dinner with her.  She pulled me in her door, she did not ask.  I was 22 at the time and so was she.  I had been enamored with Diane and had been trying to get her out on a date for months.  When I finally got the courage up to ask her out she said yes and I was elated.  Diane got pregnant after our date and told her mother I had raped her.  Then she got an abortion.  I knew nothing.  After our date she had not had anything to do with me.  Shunned I was devastated for I had really liked Debbie.  Alone and hurt I fucking cried.  I liked her so much that I did not want to have sex with her at all on our first date only to be another notch in her belt.  Diane was popular.  The nearest person I can think of to describe Diane to you would be Daryl Hannah with lose morals, at 22.

I worked at a gas station at the time in Poulsbo WA and a coworker and friend was friendly with Diane's sister.  I had not known what had happened but Diane's sister who knew the rape story was total bullshit spilled the beans to my friend Ray months later and then Ray told me the story.

Diane had also told a married couple she spent a lot of time with who I had also known but just a little.  Suddenly they treated me like shit.  They never got the right story and probably still think I'm an asshole.  I had gone out of my way to be friendly with the husband not understanding what was going on.  They were not telling me anything.  If I ever saw Larry again I'd demand we have a talk.  Last time I saw him I was still in the dark about what Diane had done to me. 

Women lie.  Women are people and they are every bit as evil and deluded as men can be.

Our nation has lost it's collective mind.  Suddenly memories years old have morphed into monstrous stories and due process and critical analysis are no longer tools of our culture.  I find the naivety of this misplaced anger against Trump shocking.  The stupidity and ignorance appalling. 

If you are wondering, I never had sex with Debbie.  Something didn't feel right when given the opportunity and I turned her down.  It always has to feel right for me.  At the time Debbie was a fox.

As usual, I fee compelled to clarify my position. I am not in favor of powerful men taking advantage of their interns, subordinates and fans. I do not condone rape. I do not condone harassment.  I just know a Salem witch trial situation when I see one, and we're in the mother of all witch trials now, and it's being fueled by the current paradigm of political correctness, which comes to us directly by way of social media.

And the Republican party is using it to their advantage, while the Democrats cut their own throats.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Democratic senators to Al Franken: Resign
« Reply #9546 on: December 07, 2017, 06:04:06 AM »
Embattled Sen. Al Franken will make an announcement Thursday, his office told reporters, as calls for the Minnesota Democrat's resignation -- led by female senators and later including party leaders such as Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer -- rapidly gained momentum Wednesday.
Thirty-two Democratic senators -- 13 female and 19 male -- called on Franken to resign as allegations of sexual harassment against him continue to mount. Republican Sen. Susan Collins also called on Franken to quit.

In a statement on Facebook, New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand wrote: "While Senator Franken is entitled to have the Ethics Committee conclude its review, I believe it would be better for our country if he sent a clear message that any kind of mistreatment of women in our society isn't acceptable by stepping aside to let someone else serve."

Sens. Claire McCaskill of Missouri, Patty Murray of Washington, Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire, Kamala Harris of California, Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, Debbie Stabenow of Michigan, Sen. Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Maria Cantwell of Washington, Dianne Feinstein of California, Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Mazie Hirono of Hawaii also joined in the call for Franken to resign.

Sen. Bob Casey of Pennsylvania was the first male Democratic senator to call on Franken to resign just after noon Wednesday. Sens. Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Michael Bennet of Colorado, Ed Markey of Massachusetts, Patrick Leahy of Vermont, Ron Wyden of Oregon, Martin Heinrich of New Mexico, Sen. Tom Udall of New Mexico, Tom Carper of Delaware, Chris Murphy of Connecticut, Jeff Merkley of Oregon, Cory Booker of New Jersey, Gary Peters of Michigan, Jon Tester of Montana and Sherrod Brown of Ohio also called for Franken to step down. Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois -- the Democratic whip -- also called on Franken to resign just before 1 p.m. ET. Independent Sens. Angus King of Maine and Bernie Sanders of Vermont, who both caucus with the Democrats, also called for him to resign.
"I consider Senator Franken a dear friend and greatly respect his accomplishments, but he has a higher obligation to his constituents and the Senate, and he should step down immediately," Schumer said in a statement that went out just before 5 p.m. ET.

The Senate Ethics Committee is investigating Franken following an account described by Leeann Tweeden, a morning news anchor on KABC radio in Los Angeles, which described Franken groping and forcibly kissing her during a USO tour in 2006, before Franken became a senator. After that initial account, several other women came forward to say Franken inappropriately touched them. Franken has repeatedly apologized about behavior that he said "crossed a line" for some women. The second-term senator has also said that he has taken thousands of photos with people over the years and that while he doesn't remember specific pictures or campaign events, any inappropriate behavior was unintentional.
At least six women -- three named and three unnamed -- have accused Franken of inappropriately touching them. The most recent accusation came in a Politico report Wednesday, in which, a woman who chose not to be identified alleged Franken tried to forcibly kiss her after a taping of his radio show in 2006. Franken released a statement categorically denying the accusation. "This allegation is categorically not true and the idea that I would claim this as my right as an entertainer is preposterous," the Minnesota senator said. "I look forward to fully cooperating with the ongoing ethics committee investigation." CNN has not verified the accusations in the Politico report.

person familiar with the conversations told CNN Schumer called Franken after the Politico story published and told him he needed to step down.​ The person said Schumer subsequently had a series of conversations with Franken about stepping down throughout Wednesday.
The calls for Franken to resign come one day after Democratic Rep. John Conyers of Michigan announced he would retire immediately. Conyers had also faced multiple allegations of sexual harassment by former employees, accusations Conyers vehemently he denied.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/politics/al-franken-democratic-senators-resign/index.html

So Roy Moore gets to be in the Senate because (so far) nobody can find a smoking gun that proves he slept with teenagers when he was a young prosecutor (even though it's fairly obvious that he did) , but Al Franken is out because he admitted he made a fool out of himself with women.

The straw that broke the camel's back was apparently a new accusation today that Franken once grabbed this woman and tried to kiss her, back when he was just a famous working comedian. Oh the horror!

I'm telling you, the Democratic Party is so incredibly fucked up.This "zero tolerance for sexual harassment" policy is political suicide. All the male Democratic Senators and Congressmen might as well  dress like women, put on lipstick, and beg the Donald to spank them. What a boatload of total morons.

How do you spell self-destruct?

Totally out of control.  I'm truly baffled.   I too have been an accused.

A 'friend' of Mrs. Dog who also knew her mother went to Mrs. Dog's mother and told her mother she was fucking me.  My mother in law, who never liked me at all, loved her daughter and was not going to devastate Mrs. Dog without checking the story out first.  She soon learned that I could not possibly have been with this 'friend' when claimed because I was somewhere else and Ramona knew it.  That was twenty five years ago. 

The same length of time which has passed since Mrs. Dog has talked to her 'friend' Debbie.   As long as either of us has seen or talked to her.  We know where she is and have had our way of keeping track of Debbie through the years.  She has not had a good life need I say more.  The two had gone to High School together and had known each other about a decade.  Debbie has mental problems and she gets off on ruining marriages.  She has ruined several.

There was also a time when a woman insisted I fuck her after a date.  I drove her to her own place after having dinner with her.  She pulled me in her door, she did not ask.  I was 22 at the time and so was she.  I had been enamored with Diane and had been trying to get her out on a date for months.  When I finally got the courage up to ask her out she said yes and I was elated.  Diane got pregnant after our date and told her mother I had raped her.  Then she got an abortion.  I knew nothing.  After our date she had not had anything to do with me.  Shunned I was devastated for I had really liked Debbie.  Alone and hurt I fucking cried.  I liked her so much that I did not want to have sex with her at all on our first date only to be another notch in her belt.  Diane was popular.  The nearest person I can think of to describe Diane to you would be Daryl Hannah with lose morals, at 22.

I worked at a gas station at the time in Poulsbo WA and a coworker and friend was friendly with Diane's sister.  I had not known what had happened but Diane's sister who knew the rape story was total bullshit spilled the beans to my friend Ray months later and then Ray told me the story.

Women lie.  Women are people and they are every bit as evil and deluded as men can be.

Our nation has lost it's collective mind.  Suddenly memories years old have morphed into monstrous stories and due process and critical analysis are no longer tools of our culture.  I find the naivety of this misplaced anger against Trump shocking.  The stupidity and ignorance appalling. 

If you are wondering, I never had sex with Debbie.  Something didn't feel right when given the opportunity and I turned her down.  It always has to feel right for me.  At the time Debbie was a fox.

Good for you. Way to trust your gut.

This is a common phenomenon too. The "homewreckers" never bothered me, even though Mrs. Eddie worried about it because she thought they would come after me because I'm a high earner. I think the reason they never did is that I'm such a nosebleed  Emo type. Those women tend to go after guys like you who are physically imposing (and more importantly you are a "physical" sexual type. Those women are nosebleed Emos and have no attraction at all to guys like me.

Both sexes come in "Physical" and "Emotional" sexual types.  High emo females tend toward being frigid and unable to really enjoy sex, and they tend to use sex as a tool to get what they want. Crazy women are mostly emos. They love to get their hooks into a big sweet physical guy like you.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:09:13 AM by Eddie »

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump: a universal scapegoat?
« Reply #9547 on: December 07, 2017, 08:04:07 AM »

Even though Trump's tendency to blame the political establishment for everything is legendary, less well-known is other politicians' tendency to blame everything on Trump, writes Diab

While former US President Barack Obama regularly signalled that the "buck stops here", even for matters that were not directly his responsibility, his successor, Donald Trump, lobs the buck way over there to escape responsibility, even for his own direct actions.

Even though Trump's tendency to blame the political establishment for everything is legendary, less well-known is other politicians' tendency to blame everything on Trump. Both tendencies were on full display during the unexpected transatlantic spat with the UK sparked by Donald Trump's decision to re-tweet propaganda videos shared by the fringe far-right group Britain First.

Condemning Trump's implicit endorsement of the Britain First, the British premier Theresa May said the extremist group "stands in fundamental opposition to the values that we share as a nation - values of respect, tolerance and, dare I say it, common decency." Britain's Foreign Minister Boris Johnson echoed his boss's sentiment, calling Britain First " a divisive, hateful group whose views are not in line with our values".

Invoking the UK's "proud history as an open, tolerant society", Johnson emphasised that "hate speech has no place here".

The sheer and breathtaking audacity and hypocrisy of this statement will immediately strike anyone who has followed, even cursorily, Boris Johnson's almost peerless ability to offend people around the world, including his offensive claim that Libya offered great investment opportunities once they " clear the dead bodies away".

Although wittier with a manufactured bumbling affability, his persona as dishevelled as his blonde mop of hair, Boris Johnson has much in common with Donald Trump. Both the sons of privilege, their political careers rest not on any political achievements but on their popular media personas. In the case of Johnson, his regular appearances on the popular satirical show Have I Got News For You and his widely read column for the Daily Telegraph propelled him into the Tories' political A-list.

Just because [Trump] is the villain that does not automatically make all his opponents and critics heroes or even innocents.

Long before Donald Trump became a leading advocate of the anti-Obama birther movement and officially inaugurated the era of "post-truth" and "alternative facts", Boris Johnson is credited with inventing EU-related fake news. "He turned euro-scepticism into an art form," a former colleague recalled. "Boris campaigned against the cartoon caricature of Brussels that he himself invented."

Despite the very strong likelihood that Trump will live up to people's expectations of becoming (one of) the worst American president(s) in history, he has yet to accomplish an act of collective national self-harm quite as suicidal as the cynical Johnson-led Brexit movement.

Johnson and May's appeal to tolerance, openness and respect ring even hollower considering how much they and their party have undermined these values, from May's infamous disparagement of the almost half of the British people who regard themselves to be citizens of the world, to the growing tide of xenophobia threatening refugees, migrants and even EU citizens in Brexit Britain.

On the other side of the Atlantic, a similar dissonance exists amongst the conservative political establishment. It is almost as though history both ended and began with Donald Trump. This is clear in the rehabilitation of the former worst American president, George W Bush, who has recently been receiving fawning media coverage for his (veiled) criticism of Trump. Without naming Trump, Bush accused the sitting president of promoting bigotry, fuelling intolerance, undermining democracy and spreading falsehood. "Bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication," Bush rebuked.

For those of us who lived through the Bush years, this is very much a case of the pot calling the kettle black, with the main exception being that Bush was not a racist - at least not by the standards of his party. "Bush paid lip service to rights and norms before crushing them underfoot. Trump is more brazen in his language and more candid in his intent," wrote the prominent author and journalist Gary Younge.

Despite defending diversity rhetorically, Bush and his administration were not beyond using prejudice and paranoia as tools of governance or weapons of mass distraction, even deception. They exploited the post-9/11 atmosphere of fear and anger to trample on civil liberties at home, to co-opt the media, to intimidate or silence opponents, and to launch two large-scale military invasions and occupations (in Afghanistan and Iraq) that killed hundreds of thousands, destabilised the Middle East, and effectively bankrupted the United States.

In order to achieve this, the Bush administration spread exaggerated misinformation and patently fake news, such as Iraq's non-existent WMD arsenal, and browbeat allies and enemies alike, with polarising talk of "you are either with us or against us" and the infamous "axis of evil", which inexplicably placed Baathist Iraq in the same camp as the Islamic Republic of Iran. In the process, the Bush administration squandered the tidal wave of global goodwill and sympathy towards the United States in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

This makes the fact that the conservative resistance against Trump is being led by former Bush administration figures seem extremely ironic. One of the loudest such critics is Bush's former speech writer, David Frum, the man who coined the axis of evil and wrote a glowing biography of the former president, who is now a senior editor at The Atlantic.

It is not just neo-conservatives and the Republican establishment who are failing to search their souls and introspect, the Democratic party's mainstream is also falling short in that mission. While they obsess over the extent of Russian subterfuge and meddling, they ignore their own role in creating the groundwork for the toxicity overtaking Washington. This includes choosing the status quo of Hillary Clinton over the genuine change offered by Bernie Sanders, the decades of support for destructive neo-liberal economics, and the failure to push for the reform of America's authoritarian two-party system and outdated electoral colleges, which saw Clinton win the popular vote but lose the election.

None of this is to understate the threat Donald Trump poses to America and the outside world. But just because he is the villain that does not automatically make all his opponents and critics heroes or even innocents.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/donald-trump-universal-scapegoat-171206083101017.html

Militia Boy Brandon Smith has an elaborate thesis going that Trump was intended to take the fall for the next financial crisis, which the Bond Kings will use to force the world to accept their new monetary system and one-world government.

And he might very well be right about that.

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9548 on: December 07, 2017, 08:07:54 AM »

Militia Boy Brandon Smith has an elaborate thesis going that Trump was intended to take the fall for the next financial crisis, which the Bond Kings will use to force the world to accept their new monetary system and one-world government.

I highly doubt that.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #9549 on: December 07, 2017, 08:18:10 AM »
There was also a time when a woman insisted I fuck her after a date.  I drove her to her own place after having dinner with her.  She pulled me in her door, she did not ask.  I was 22 at the time and so was she.  I had been enamored with Diane and had been trying to get her out on a date for months.  When I finally got the courage up to ask her out she said yes and I was elated.  Diane got pregnant after our date and told her mother I had raped her.  Then she got an abortion.  I knew nothing.  After our date she had not had anything to do with me.  Shunned I was devastated for I had really liked Dianne.  Alone and hurt I fucking cried.  I liked her so much that I did not want to have sex with her at all on our first date only to be another notch in her belt.  Diane was popular.  The nearest person I can think of to describe Diane to you would be Daryl Hannah with lose morals, at 22.

Dude, don't you get it? She wasn't pregnant with your kid. You were the fall guy.

She was pregnant with the child of her real boyfriend, the captain of the football team (or the church youth minister...or some other guy she was trying to protect......Who probably didn't rape her, but who did get her drunk and take advantage of her).

Stuck and not wanting her parents to make her stop seeing the real boyfriend, she took advantage of you (she knew you liked her). After screwing you (literally and figuratively) she could blame the unwanted pregnancy on you and being raped, get  a quick abortion and keep right on fucking the other guy (except she probably figured out birth control at that point)

I'd almost guarantee that this is the real story. It's a really old story and you are far from the first to tell it.

I missed this part on my first read through. Actually, Dog, I kinda like Larry for the real sperm donor. It all ties together nicely. I doubt he was in the dark at all about what she did. He knew, and it benefited him to let you take the fall for him.

Larry was a church puppy.  He was also a bit on the simple side.  I doubt it would have been him but I could be wrong.  This was the middle of the 70's where strange things happened.  Your comment has certainly changed the tone of my imaginary confrontation with Larry.  His misplaced vein popping moral outrage against me seemed genuine but could it have been too genuine?  It is possible.

You have an interesting theory but Larry preserved his outrage long after it was necessary.  I suspect he would have stopped his dagger looks of death after 'the problem' had been solved yet his intensity was passionate and remained.  The reason I was a mushroom in the dark for so long is because these people stopped talking to me and so things could never possibly work out.  I don't see it as a case of me being played but people being played never do.  Could it have been someone else.  Yes I suppose you are right but Diane's sister knew her pretty well.

This all happened in the mid 70's when the first thing that came out of a woman's mouth when you met here was:

'What do you do?'

At the time I was essentially broke and while I may have been a sweet physical type I was not attractive from a financial point of view.  At that time anyway, fortunately this is not true anymore.  I really did not figure out some women found me attractive until middle age when I was then comfortable enough with my own self-esteem; comfortable in my own skin, to see myself that way. 

Women still wait for the first move from you even if they find you attractive so if you don't think you are attractive to women yourself you may never know you are.  That was where I was for years.  Complements in one ear and right out the other.

Mrs. Dog has always gone on about how good looking I am but for decades I thought she was an exception to the rule.  She also made big points by asking what I wanted to do when I met her and not the standard old tiresome 70's turnoff, 'What do you do?'

We have talked about this and Mrs. Dog said it was because she pegged me for a diamond in the rough right away and that all the other women who passed me by were fools for not having the patience to let things all work out over time and recognize my potential.

The sperm donor would have been a rock musician.  Diane had a thing for rock musicians and had recently broken up with one she had been seeing on and off for a long time.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: December 07, 2017, 08:31:58 AM »

I highly doubt that.

Even a blind nut finds a squirrel every once in a while.

I think Brandon is wrong about many things, but not everything. He gets several things right. He's just twisted by his religion and alt-right POV.

I do believe this:

The Bond Kings want a one-world currency. They don't care so much about sovereignty, as long as all countries have to use their money. They are perfectly capable of crashing the economy at will. And they do it when it benefits them to do so. Notice how Trump did a 180 on the whole Fed thing?  Somebody explained to him who the real boss is of this world (and it's not him.)

RE

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: December 07, 2017, 08:44:01 AM »

Larry was a church puppy.  He was also a bit on the simple side.  I doubt it would have been him but I could be wrong.  This was the middle of the 70's where strange things happened.  Your comment has certainly changed the tone of my imaginary confrontation with Larry.  His misplaced vein popping moral outrage against me seemed genuine but could it have been too genuine?  It is possible.

You have an interesting theory but Larry preserved his outrage long after it was necessary.  I suspect he would have stopped his dagger looks of death after 'the problem' had been solved yet his intensity was passionate and remained.  The reason I was a mushroom in the dark for so long is because these people stopped talking to me and so things could never possibly work out.  I don't see it as a case of me being played but people being played never do.  Could it have been someone else.  Yes I suppose you are right but Diane's sister knew her pretty well.

This all happened in the mid 70's when the first thing that came out of a woman's mouth when you met here was:

'What do you do?'

At the time I was essentially broke and while I may have been a sweet physical type I was not attractive from a financial point of view.  At that time anyway, fortunately this is not true anymore.  I really did not figure out some women found me attractive until middle age when I was then comfortable enough with my own self-esteem; comfortable in my own skin, to see myself that way. 

Women still wait for the first move from you even if they find you attractive so if you don't think you are attractive to women yourself you may never know you are.  That was where I was for years.  Complements in one ear and right out the other.

Mrs. Dog has always gone on about how good looking I am but for decades I thought she was an exception to the rule.  She also made big points by asking what I wanted to do when I met her and not the standard old tiresome 70's turnoff, 'What do you do?'

We have talked about this and Mrs. Dog said it was because she pegged me for a diamond in the rough right away and that all the other women who passed me by were fools for not having the patience to let things all work out over time and recognize my potential.

The sperm donor would have been a rock musician.  Diane had a thing for rock musicians and had recently broken up with one she had been seeing on and off for a long time.

That could be it. Rock musicians have been known to use their special status to get laid, and the more famous they are, the more callous they are.

Ever see Empire Records? One of my kids' favorite movies.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jy0p1BatgXE&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jy0p1BatgXE&fs=1</a>

Mrs. Dog said it was because she pegged me for a diamond in the rough right away and that all the other women who passed me by were fools for not having the patience to let things all work out over time and recognize my potential.

Mrs. Eddie....same story, my brother.

Generally, when it comes to good marriages, it's because the woman had that.....whatever it is ---instinct? Good sense? Toilet training? I'm not sure, but some women are very gifted that way, and I'm glad. When I was young, I'm not sure I was a diamond, but I was damn sure in the rough. I knew zilch about women then, and had poor self-esteem from my upbringing as a poor kid from out in the sticks. I was so needy most women could read me from across the room and leave before I even said hello. But Mrs. Eddie saw something in me nobody else did.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9552 on: December 07, 2017, 08:44:50 AM »

I highly doubt that.

Even a blind nut finds a squirrel every once in a while.

I think Brandon is wrong about many things, but not everything. He gets several things right. He's just twisted by his religion and alt-right POV.

I do believe this:

The Bond Kings want a one-world currency. They don't care so much about sovereignty, as long as all countries have to use their money. They are perfectly capable of crashing the economy at will. And they do it when it benefits them to do so. Notice how Trump did a 180 on the whole Fed thing?  Somebody explained to him who the real boss is of this world (and it's not him.)

RE

Sigh.  I have been over this one too many times.  "Bond Kings" need resources upon which to issue debt.  If they don't control the resources or they don't exist, the bonds are worthless and the debt is irredeemable.  You can't make profit off irredeemable debt.   Brandon doesn't understand economics worth a damn.  He's a conspiracy theorist  with a fundy christian philosophy.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: December 07, 2017, 09:08:35 AM »
"Bond Kings" need resources upon which to issue debt.  If they don't control the resources or they don't exist, the bonds are worthless and the debt is irredeemable.  You can't make profit off irredeemable debt. 

The problem is that you're already living in the future...one that does not yet exist, although it undoubtably will exist, and quite soon. Right now, though, today, the Bond Kings still rule the planet from their lofty spires. There's still plenty of blood to suck at the moment, although the new tax plan clearly shows that the sucking will become more intense as the underlying resource base continues to go away.

Conspiracy is a theory like evolution is a theory. Meaning it's really a fact. The global conspiracies of the past have been well documented by historians. And there is no reason to believe they aren't still going on.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9554 on: December 07, 2017, 03:53:48 PM »

The problem is that you're already living in the future...one that does not yet exist, although it undoubtably will exist, and quite soon. Right now, though, today, the Bond Kings still rule the planet from their lofty spires. There's still plenty of blood to suck at the moment, although the new tax plan clearly shows that the sucking will become more intense as the underlying resource base continues to go away.

Conspiracy is a theory like evolution is a theory. Meaning it's really a fact. The global conspiracies of the past have been well documented by historians. And there is no reason to believe they aren't still going on.

I would argue that the future I am living in is the present, and that's why you see the constant panicked knee jerk actions by the CBs trying to keep the whole House of Cards from crashing down.  Because once it does crash, they won't have the control or the resources to start a new one.  That's what is wrong with BSs belief that the Global Illuminati can reboot a new One World Currency after the Dollar crashes.

I do agree conspiracies exist, and that folks like the Rothschilds & Rockefellers have been running one going back at least to the 18th Century.  It is however running on fumes now, and only in BSs imagination will these folks be able to bootstrap a New World Order.  We are not heading for further political unification.  We are heading toward a Breakup of the One to the Many.  That is why you see so many secession movements cropping up.

For as long as this system lasts, you will of course be taxed to beat the band.  Poor people have no money to tax, Masters of the Universe escape taxation by controlling the political system.  When Willie Sutton was asked why he robbed banks, his response was "Because that is where the money is".  The money in this case is mainly in the hands of the conventionally Rich like yourself, so you can expect to be stripped of this wealth as much as possible by Da Goobermint and the TBTF Banks as they try to stay afloat.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN