AuthorTopic: What about standing up to the military cops on the Climate March  (Read 1436 times)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
What about standing up to the military cops on the Climate March
« on: September 11, 2014, 04:13:16 PM »
What if on Sept 21st at 11:30am Sunday we all went downtown to our main streets and started carrying signs that said all the things we need to say about global warming and how dire it will be if we do not change our act soon, but also start carrying signs that start getting to the police. Like "So your just a robot for the wealthy", or "Join us, please do not stop us",  "your being used!", or " Don't you care about the earth for your children, and grandchildren." What if the police changed directions and started marching with us!!!!!!!! What if even half of the police force started marching with us!!!!!!!!!

Think of other good statements that you could poster to talk to the police into cooperating with the citizens of the world, and changing their mind about how screwed up the direction we are headed is.
NECROCAPITALISM at http://openmind693.wordpress.com ‘Rolling thunder. Shock. A noble one in fear and dread sets things in order and is watchful.’ I-Ching (Hex.51)

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: What about standing up to the military cops on the Climate March
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 04:20:47 PM »
   Ask dear old Surly boy. He's the Occupy veteran here. He's also the most knowing about class conflict and suppression of the masses. Maybe RE also. Let's see what those two lefties{as GO called them} have to say.   Karpatok

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 04:38:08 PM »
What if on Sept 21st at 11:30am Sunday we all went downtown to our main streets and started carrying signs that said all the things we need to say about global warming and how dire it will be if we do not change our act soon, but also start carrying signs that start getting to the police. Like "So your just a robot for the wealthy", or "Join us, please do not stop us",  "your being used!", or " Don't you care about the earth for your children, and grandchildren." What if the police changed directions and started marching with us!!!!!!!! What if even half of the police force started marching with us!!!!!!!!!

Think of other good statements that you could poster to talk to the police into cooperating with the citizens of the world, and changing their mind about how screwed up the direction we are headed is.

We got wives and kids to support Knarf, and what will I do if I lose my pension? I'm just a little guy obeying orders.

That's what they would say, if you found a few willing to talk rather than bash you over the head for creating a disturbance or disrupting commerce.

It's too late, martyrdom or suffer.

Of course you can always apply for a permit too march and protest, they will assign you an empty lot on the end of a dead end street where you may rant and rave and carry signs until your hearts content, but get the fuck off that lot when they tell you your time is up, unless you like bumps on your squash or the sweet fumes of tear gas  :-\

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 03:00:04 AM »

We got wives and kids to support Knarf, and what will I do if I lose my pension? I'm just a little guy obeying orders. That's what they would say, if you found a few willing to talk rather than bash you over the head for creating a disturbance or disrupting commerce.

It's too late, martyrdom or suffer.

Of course you can always apply for a permit too march and protest, they will assign you an empty lot on the end of a dead end street where you may rant and rave and carry signs until your hearts content, but get the fuck off that lot when they tell you your time is up, unless you like bumps on your squash or the sweet fumes of tear gas  :-\

I have been in attendance for a number of these. Last February, Contrary and I got on a bus  To go to Washington DC, to protest what was then Obamas pending actions on the Keystone XL pipeline. We stood in the freezing cold with about 60,000 other concerned citizens.  We're still trying to determine whether were going to do 9/21.  With every  passing day, this increasingly becomes a young person's game.

One of the nice things about protesting in DC is that they are little more reticent to use the rubber bullets or tear gas on you. Makes for bad news pictures. Also DC police are well versed with long practice in dealing with demonstrations. NYC, on the other hand,  has a somewhat different track record in terms of dealing with large public demonstrations – as you may have heard.

Nonetheless, some of my friends are going and my local rabble-rouser friend has chartered a bus.

I tend to agree with Golden Oxen about the net effect of these demonstrations. It saddens me to say so, but I do. The cops have become so brutal and so brazen in response such as to send a cautionary message to anyone thinking about showing up.  I still believe, in my heart of hearts, that the specter of people massed in the streets is the one thing, perhaps the only thing, the powers that be truly fear. Which is why the response of their hired thugs to peaceful protest has been so disproportionate and over-the-top: to discourage this sort of thing.

Hm… Maybe I talk myself into going.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 03:24:14 AM »
You see, this is a perfect example of why I moved to the Grand Canyon. I like the odds
in my favor of the ratio of people to real estate. Mohave County is in the top 5 counties
land mass wise, yet we only have 350,000 people here. No smog laws. Property taxes
are minimal. I'm 90 mins. from shopping in Vegas if absolutely necessary. Gun laws are
in the peoples favor. An armed society is a polite society. 2 places guns aren't allowed,
a bar & a bank. It's common to see both men & women packin' the grocery store. It's
a goldy-locks zone for weather at 3500' ft elevation. Best of all, the cops have a brain
around here. Bad cops don't last, they get run off.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind