AuthorTopic: Knarf's Knewz Widget Archives  (Read 12140 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Knarf's Knewz Gets a Knew Look
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 06:05:29 PM »
After several months of tireless work compiling Knewz storiez, Knarf had enough of it.  It was becoming a CHORE rather than a Labor of Love.  I sympathize, because it was a smaller chore (although just one of many I have) to translate to html and get them in the Widget every day.

With his resignation, I had to figure out how to replace this work, and I figured it out!  I have become more conversant with getting Plugins loaded to WP, so I don't have to bother Doomer Support for this anymore.

What we now have in place of the Manual adding of Storiez are Automated RSS Feeds from some of our most commonly cited Newz Aggregator sites, Zero Hedge, Global Economic Intersection, Global Research and Salon.  There are Tabs for each of them, and when you click on the Tab you get a Scrolling Ticker of the latest Storiez that have been published on that site.

I can add more of them, even Sub-Reddit feeds are possible.  So if you Diners have a favorite site with an RSS Feed you think should be included in the Knew Knarf's Knewz Feed Widget, send me the URL link of that site in a PM.

In Honor of Knarf's great work in keeping the Knewz Widget rolling after JP resigned, the Knew RSS Feed is named after him, although he doesn't have to do anything anymore to get knew storiez up there, and neither do I!

So now, in order to check quickly what the Latest is on any of these sites, you no longer have to leave the Diner, unless one of the Titles grabs you.  When you click on it, the source site will open in a knew window.

Thanks again to Knarf for all the work he did with the Knewz Widget.  The knew system won't have his personal selection of storiez, but the upside is you get a whole lot more of them coming across the ticker and it doesn't take any work to keep the Knewz flowing outward from the Diner to our GLOBAL Audience.

RE

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:10:13 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Knarf's Knewz Gets a Knew Look
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2015, 06:52:25 PM »
YOWZA!

I finally figured out how to get the Posting from the Diner Forum onto the Blog Homepage!!!!!!

This should really help get new Diners in here!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN