AuthorTopic: Video to Audio Conversion  (Read 515 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Video to Audio Conversion
« on: October 26, 2014, 09:52:15 PM »
I have been upgrading my selection of software to use for Rants and Podcasts, including means to capture just the Audio portion of a Video to be able to present Vidcasts as Podcasts also in Dowloadable MP3 format.

I found a really good tool from AVC Labs which allows you to do this, as well as convert video to formats specific to different Mobile devices.  The Basic version is Freeware, and so far it does everything I need it to do.  For folks wishing to save music videos, documentaries etc from You Tube on your own computer, this tool is invaluable.

I also downloaded a Skype Recorder from DVD VideoSoft which will D/L Audio Only or Video too if you are doing Video Skype.  Unlike the last one I tried, this one actually WORKS.

This provides excellent Backup for Google Hangouts, so there should never be an occassion again where we get hung up because that is not working right.  I'll still use GH preferentially for Vidcasts, since you have more control over who is in the Main Screen and you can also do Screensharing of other material on your computer.  The Skype recorder basically just records your end of the call as it comes across your screen.

I also messed around with Audacity some and now have figured out how to import other tracks and stitch together different conversations as well as add music, do fades etc.  Not sure if I will do too much of this, but it is good to know how.

I have to get into Windows Movie Maker and figure out how to add tracks, overdub, do fades and wipes etc there, or use my Power Director software which I actually still have not Unboxed.

I'll pass on getting a Chromakey Green drop cloth for now however.  LOL.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Ka

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: Video to Audio Conversion
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 10:35:33 PM »
I have been upgrading my selection of software to use for Rants and Podcasts, including means to capture just the Audio portion of a Video to be able to present Vidcasts as Podcasts also in Dowloadable MP3 format.

Check out http://www.clipconverter.cc/. It will convert the video to MP3, and you just download the MP3 file. No need to install software.

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Video to Audio Conversion
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 11:17:39 PM »

Check out http://www.clipconverter.cc/. It will convert the video to MP3, and you just download the MP3 file. No need to install software.

I have used Clip Converter in the past, mainly to download vids from You Tube.  It works pretty good too.  Didn't know it works for converting to MP3 though.

The onboard software is faster and easier to use.  This one did not have any malware attached I can perceive so far.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN