AuthorTopic: I Should Have Been Dead Before I Graduated High School In 1970  (Read 4005 times)

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: I Should Have Been Dead Before I Graduated High School In 1970
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 11:19:16 PM »
the "30 blocks of Squalor" feature about his commute through the slums of Philadelphia to the Wharton campus, which declares open season on poor people (no bag limit), and the People of Walmart, which is always good for a laugh, in the way that making fun of the less hip or less fortunate always is.

30 blocks was my introduction to TBP about 2 years ago and I didnt read anything else there until some good things started getting cross posted here. Ironic in the "Escape from NY" post he high tailed it out of a bar selling  seven dollar beers, not knowing they do that to keep riff raff out.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: I Should Have Been Dead Before I Graduated High School In 1970
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 04:37:17 AM »

Did you guys miss me?

As luck would have it, I have been without bandwidth nearly all week. Had a modem failure on Monday night and was out of town for three days after that, only managing to schedule a service call for this afternoon. So I'm back, and surly as ever. Bring it, bitchez...

I was wondering where you disappeared to.  I was speculating an Alien Abduction.

:spacecraft:

RE

I hate that idea.

"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."