AuthorTopic: Ignorance of History  (Read 1627 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Ignorance of History
« on: January 16, 2015, 01:27:28 AM »

logopodcastOff the microphone of RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Aired on the Doomstead Diner on January 15, 2015

Ignorant

Discuss this Rant at the Podcast Table inside the Diner

Snippet:

http://www.nyshows.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/joe-montana-greatest-qb.jpg…One of the really unfortunate outcomes of becoming aware of impending DOOM while otherwise engaged in living a BAU “normal” life is how you become increasingly aware of how truly CLUELESS most people are about just about EVERYTHING, from the way the Monetary system works (or really doesn’t work); to what the FSoA military REALLY does (Hint: It does NOT make the FSoA “safe for democracy”), to what is really going on with the Climate, to how Capitalism really functions as opposed to the way they were told it functions, to why there are so many “Terrorists’ popping up these days, to the complete FABRICATION of the History of the FSoA as they were taught it from Grade Skule through Kollege…the ignorance is utterly astounding of everything of any importance at all.

If you try to talk to the average J6P, even highly successful professionals with a good education who are reasonably smart at functioning inside their professions, the number of misconceptions they have about how the world really functions is SO VAST that you really don’t know where to even START to try and wake them up out of their Propaganda induced STUPOR. Wherever you do end up starting, you are telling them things that are so cognitively dissonant to the model they have in their minds, usually they just look at you as NUTS. If you know them well and they respect you, they will listen, but then they will argue back their POV and completely ignore every bit of evidence you bring up to demonstrate why that PoV has more holes than swiss cheese. You get absolutely nowhere with this, and if you wanna KEEP this person as a friend, you just shut up about it and talk FOOTBALL! A problem for me these days because about the last Football player I have any knowledge of was Joe Montana. LOL…

For the rest, LISTEN TO THE RANT!!!

Diner New Year Fundraising KICKOFF!

http://www.lernersportsmarketing.com/images/celebs/stenerud-jan.jpg

Jan Stenerud, GREATEST Placekicker of ALL TIME!

IF YOU ENJOY THE RANTS AND WOULD LIKE TO KEEP HEARING ME GO BALLISTIC ON THE INSANITY THAT MASQUERADES AS WORLD POLITICS AND ECONOMICS, TODAY WOULD BE A GOOD DAY TO MAKE A DONATION TO THE DOOMSTEAD DINER AND SUN PROJECT!  HELP KEEP US SOLVENT AND BUILD A BETTER TOMORROW WITH YOUR EXCESS FRNS, SOON TO BE FUCKING WORTHLESS ANYHOW!  SINGLE DONATIONS ONLY!  WE HAVEN’T GOT THE RECURRING DONATIONS SYSTEM WORKING RIGHT YET!

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Ignorance of History
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 02:01:43 AM »
Now @ 200 Listens with a HEART and 14 Downloads on Opening Day!  :icon_sunny:

A few months ago, if I got 50 TOTAL Listens to a Rant I was doing good!

If the Internet stays up for another year and the Listenership keeps upping at the current rate, I can hit 5 Digits!

This is a fabulous challenge for a grizzled old internet hack!  :icon_mrgreen:

RE SUPERSTAR OF DOOM TM
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 02:04:57 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can