AuthorTopic: Diner Testimonials  (Read 19452 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Diner Testimonials
« on: December 19, 2014, 01:37:36 AM »
One of the more interesting things to occur since we opened up the Commentary on the Blog is that numerous Lurker/Readers have dropped in with Testimonials that keep my Spirits Up on days they Flag here in the Forum.

Interestingly, people who drop comments on the Blog don't usually participate here on the Forum, and vica versa Forum participants don't usually comment on the Blog.  Not sure of the reason for that.

Anyhow, I compiled the Testimonials so far from the first few months of having Blog Commentary open.  It's pretty substantial.  :icon_sunny:

RE

“FFDR is getting better all the time.
You are the George Carlin / Bill Hicks / Jon Stewart of Doom.
A doomer with humor. I love it!”
-Lou

“You nailed it again,RE.”
-Craig Moodle

“Hilarious and my sentiments exactly. You rival George Carlin”
St Roy

“As St. Roy described it, “George Carlin of Doom.”
I like the fairly comprehensive overview of the topics that one could easily glean from the Doomstead Diner ”
-Blair Longley

“IMO you’ve provided more info and comically satisfying sarcasm than anyone else whose blog i’ve found. for several years i’ve saved reading your incredibly updated blog till last (after the NEWZ, armstrong, mish, supkis golem and undertow) as i didn’t want anywhere else waiting as i soaked up your daily dose of info and rant and the writers you’ve shared, especially escobar, blum, the uk-spain-denmark-uk guy, the seed-collector and the sailor.”
-TJ

“I save best of my daily blogroll visits – DD – to the last, a testament to relevance of content, intelligence of contributors and your very, very funny pov.”
-Renkon

“Another excellent rant from RE, hitting the nail on the head!”
-Blair Longley

“As a daily reader of all of the doomsday blogs, e.g. the Diner, Nature Bats Last, Zerohedge, Scribbler, etc… I must say that I most look forward to your “off the microphone” rants. Your analysis, insights, and conclusions are always logical, well supported, and clearly articulated – a trifecta not frequently achieved.”
-Joe D

I have read several good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to make such a magnificent informative web site.
-Smith

“I enjoy your rants, RE. I like your style. Whoever said that DOOM can’t be humorous and entertaining at the same time. And anyway, what the hell, if we can’t laugh all the way to our own funeral then what fun was it anyway?”
-Northwest Resident

“RE: Excellent! Listening to the rant I really started to see The Big Picture of zero interest rates.”
-JB

“RE – You’re still the greatest self- promoter of all time.”
TimE

“Another great interview RE. I hope Mark will come back for a vidcast or another interview. I’d like to hear more about his work and local perspective. “
-JB

“Very timely and insightful”
Step Back

“Very nice site!”
-Pharma

“Very good rant, RE.”
Steve from Virginia

“Very insightful rant.”
-St Roy

“You are not alone I follow your blog since 2008. I learn a lot from Nicole Foss, George Möbus and others. We are still here and you are doing a fantastic job. Thanks. “
-Regina

“Thanks for the truth which is not what we get in Australia. “
-David Barnes

“Um…sorry to admit this but that 17 minutes that the average visitor to the diner spends is skewed by me logging in on my kindle, going to doomsted and falling asleep for 12 hours”
-Luke Werner

“Great Rant! You captured just about every absurdity imaginable for human life on the planet and weaved it into a very entertaining narrative.”
-St Roy

“Surly1, I throughly enjoyed your article. As I always enjoy writing of high caliber. “
-xhidharta

“Hello there! This post could not be written any better!”
-Smith

“Fckin awesome things here.”
-Smith

“I enjoyed your reading of “The Charge of the Light Brigade.”
-Blair Longley

“The 2nd insanity rant was even better than the 1st. You are definitely getting up there in George Carlin wit and audience appeal.”
-St Roy

“Accurate and succinct, Well done!!”
-Gerry Hiles

“This was a very interesting and provoking interview, and although it got overly personal at times, I can understand why – it’s a very painful subject.”
-Tagio

“Your best ever and above TSA rant”
-St Roy

“Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude.”
-Smith

“Another masterpiece delivered in entertaining George Carlin style.”
St Roy

“I have listened to several podcasts and your daily rants. Can’t wait for part II , of the Steve Ludlum interview. Thanks for a great website.”
-Carla Angelo

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Diner Testimonials
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 02:10:37 AM »
It's a beautiful thing when doom brightens people's days  :icon_sunny:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 04:17:38 AM »
It's a beautiful thing when doom brightens people's days  :icon_sunny:

Well, it certainly is a kick in the balls to the naysayers who having nothing good to say about "ignorant bloggers" but who never miss a day logging on to say it.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 08:06:43 AM »
Interestingly, people who drop comments on the Blog don't usually participate here on the Forum, and vica versa Forum participants don't usually comment on the Blog.  Not sure of the reason for that.

I keep forgetting to read the blog comments. I'm glad to see the feedback is good, even though I don't listen to much of the audio stuff. Most blog readers and listeners are probably uninterested in what those of us here behind the scenes are arguing about.

One thing you've got going for you, RE, is the sheer volume of material. Always something new to tune into. Most bloggers write something maybe once a week, tops. For doom hungry readers it isn't enough.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 12:51:53 PM »

I keep forgetting to read the blog comments. I'm glad to see the feedback is good, even though I don't listen to much of the audio stuff.

I'm providing Transcripts now with a few days delay for non-native speakers of English and for people who prefer to read rather than listen.  It was requested on the Blog.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »
I do read the transcripts when you post them here.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 04:25:59 PM »
'FFDR is getting better all the time.
You are the George Carlin / Bill Hicks / Jon Stewart of Doom.
A doomer with humor. I love it!”
-Lou

“You nailed it again,RE.”
-Craig Moodle

“Hilarious and my sentiments exactly. You rival George Carlin”
St Roy

“As St. Roy described it, “George Carlin of Doom.”
I like the fairly comprehensive overview of the topics that one could easily glean from the Doomstead Diner ”
-Blair Longley

“IMO you’ve provided more info and comically satisfying sarcasm than anyone else whose blog i’ve found. for several years i’ve saved reading your incredibly updated blog till last (after the NEWZ, armstrong, mish, supkis golem and undertow) as i didn’t want anywhere else waiting as i soaked up your daily dose of info and rant and the writers you’ve shared, especially escobar, blum, the uk-spain-denmark-uk guy, the seed-collector and the sailor.”
-TJ

“I save best of my daily blogroll visits – DD – to the last, a testament to relevance of content, intelligence of contributors and your very, very funny pov.”
-Renkon

“Another excellent rant from RE, hitting the nail on the head!”
-Blair Longley

“As a daily reader of all of the doomsday blogs, e.g. the Diner, Nature Bats Last, Zerohedge, Scribbler, etc… I must say that I most look forward to your “off the microphone” rants. Your analysis, insights, and conclusions are always logical, well supported, and clearly articulated – a trifecta not frequently achieved.”
-Joe D

I have read several good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to make such a magnificent informative web site.
-Smith

“I enjoy your rants, RE. I like your style. Whoever said that DOOM can’t be humorous and entertaining at the same time. And anyway, what the hell, if we can’t laugh all the way to our own funeral then what fun was it anyway?”
-Northwest Resident

“RE: Excellent! Listening to the rant I really started to see The Big Picture of zero interest rates.”
-JB

“RE – You’re still the greatest self- promoter of all time.”
TimE

“Another great interview RE. I hope Mark will come back for a vidcast or another interview. I’d like to hear more about his work and local perspective. “
-JB

“Very timely and insightful”
Step Back

“Very nice site!”
-Pharma

“Very good rant, RE.”
Steve from Virginia

“Very insightful rant.”
-St Roy

“You are not alone I follow your blog since 2008. I learn a lot from Nicole Foss, George Möbus and others. We are still here and you are doing a fantastic job. Thanks. “
-Regina

“Thanks for the truth which is not what we get in Australia. “
-David Barnes

“Um…sorry to admit this but that 17 minutes that the average visitor to the diner spends is skewed by me logging in on my kindle, going to doomsted and falling asleep for 12 hours”
-Luke Werner

“Great Rant! You captured just about every absurdity imaginable for human life on the planet and weaved it into a very entertaining narrative.”
-St Roy

“Surly1, I throughly enjoyed your article. As I always enjoy writing of high caliber. “
-xhidharta

“Hello there! This post could not be written any better!”
-Smith

“Fckin awesome things here.”
-Smith

“I enjoyed your reading of “The Charge of the Light Brigade.”
-Blair Longley

“The 2nd insanity rant was even better than the 1st. You are definitely getting up there in George Carlin wit and audience appeal.”
-St Roy

“Accurate and succinct, Well done!!”
-Gerry Hiles

“This was a very interesting and provoking interview, and although it got overly personal at times, I can understand why – it’s a very painful subject.”
-Tagio

“Your best ever and above TSA rant”
-St Roy

“Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude.”
-Smith

“Another masterpiece delivered in entertaining George Carlin style.”
St Roy

“I have listened to several podcasts and your daily rants. Can’t wait for part II , of the Steve Ludlum interview. Thanks for a great website.”
-Carla Angelo

WOW! If I received one TENTH of that many compliments, I would be on cloud nine for a YEAR!

Congrats, RE! 
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 04:31:12 PM »

WOW! If I received one TENTH of that many compliments, I would be on cloud nine for a YEAR!

Congrats, RE! 

It definitely helps keep my spirits up on the down days.  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 05:15:29 PM »
Remember, RE, that you are sunlight deprived this time of year. That is a BIG DEAL for we Homo SAPS in regard to mood. 

Effect of sunlight and season on serotonin turnover in the brain.

Lambert GW1, Reid C, Kaye DM, Jennings GL, Esler MD.

Author information

Abstract

Alterations in monoaminergic neurotransmission in the brain are thought to underlie seasonal variations in mood, behaviour, and affective disorders. We took blood samples from internal jugular veins in 101 healthy men, to assess the relation between concentration of serotonin metabolite in these samples and weather conditions and season. We showed that turnover of serotonin by the brain was lowest in winter (p=0.013). Moreover, the rate of production of serotonin by the brain was directly related to the prevailing duration of bright sunlight (r=0.294, p=0.010), and rose rapidly with increased luminosity. Our findings are further evidence for the notion that changes in release of serotonin by the brain underlie mood seasonality and seasonal affective disorder.

PMID: 12480364  [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12480364
Faith,

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Testimonial PLUS DONATION!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 10:17:07 PM »
From another FEMALE Rant Fan!!!

I have GROUPIES!  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Quote from: Female Fan
   Ralph, your rants are the best. Thank-you for all your work.   Namaste

Another month covered on the Diner Server!  :icon_sunny:

RE, SUPERSTAR OF DOOM
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner Doom Sales: How do we do it? VOLUME!
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 01:57:06 AM »
One thing you've got going for you, RE, is the sheer volume of material.

How do we do it here on the Diner? VOLUME!

We can provide DOOM at Low, Low Prices EVERY DAY because we can issue out more DOOM on a Daily Basis than Walmart can sell Chinese Shit!

Here on the Diner, we have the lowest Margins for Doom anywhere on the Net, and we SHAVE our costs down RAZOR thin, WAY closer than you can get with a Braun Electric!

Here on the Diner, WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD FOR DOOM!

Price for Doom on TBP?  That is just TOO FUCKING HIGH!  Reading that Libertard shit will Bankrupt your Brains and turn them to Fried Eggs!

Here on the Diner, we BLOW THE LIVING SHIT out of Doom Prices!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zqHZWdFVyyQ?feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zqHZWdFVyyQ?feature=player_detailpage</a>

SO COME ON DOWN FOR DOOM AT THE DINER!!!! DID YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID? COME ON DOWN!!!!
 :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Testimonial PLUS DONATION!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 05:35:24 AM »
From another FEMALE Rant Fan!!!

I have GROUPIES!  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Quote from: Female Fan
   Ralph, your rants are the best. Thank-you for all your work.   Namaste

Another month covered on the Diner Server!  :icon_sunny:

RE, SUPERSTAR OF DOOM

Oh Jesus, call the orderlies. His head will quickly swell too large to get into the Diner... now he's convinced he's Elvis.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 08:55:59 AM »

Congrats, RE! 

It definitely helps keep my spirits up on the down days.  :icon_sunny:

RE

By all means, remember this and don't forget it when the mockers do their braying.
Without you, none of this happens. Even for those whose sole contribution seems to be to piss on the threshold.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 01:44:14 PM »
Surly,
Good one!  :emthup:

It may be instructive, and attract many readers, for you to do an essay on Urine "Therapy" for those who have difficulties differentiating the welcome mat from a urinal.  :icon_mrgreen:
Faith,

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 03:18:12 PM »
Surly,
Good one!  :emthup:

It may be instructive, and attract many readers, for you to do an essay on Urine "Therapy" for those who have difficulties differentiating the welcome mat from a urinal.  :icon_mrgreen:

That's a pisser, AG!   :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: