AuthorTopic: Diner Testimonials  (Read 20612 times)

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Re: Diner Testimonials
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 04:21:48 PM »
Surly,

Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Latest Testimonial! 12/21/2013
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 09:26:07 PM »
From the defacto President of the RE Fan Club, St. Roy!

Quote from: St. Roy
Hi RE

You never cease to amaze and entertain. This rant was a brilliant synthesis of what has been going on in the world. Thank you for stimulating 2014. I look forward to your diatribe in 2015. It’s going to be one goddamn interesting year and probably a pivotal one in human history

RE, SUPERSTAR OF DOOM
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
REVIEWS INCOMING! RE & Steve from Virginia are HITS!
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2014, 09:18:00 PM »
Getting better all the time!  :icon_sunny:

From the Blog Commentary of Of Heat Sinks & Debt Sinks: A Thermodynamic View of Money

RE

Bill Sodomsky says:   
December 30, 2014 at 2:51 pm   

RE, was the biophysical component to the supply demand equation intentionally left out of the equation (sinister, unquenchable greed) or just plain ignorance on the part of the Masters of the Universe?

This article is simply brilliant! I recently read “Environment, Power and Society by Howard Odum, a seventies work that incorporates the money component into the energy dynamic. That’s forty plus years ago and here we are.

Your work and Ludlum’s are the best I’ve come across and I’ve been at this long and hard for many years.

Any thoughts on how long the Canadian Tar Sands debacle can survive?

Your ability to deliver complex concepts in a succinct and understandable manner (with appropriate humor and irony) is truly amazing. Bravo!

Bill Sodomsky

St. Roy says:   
December 30, 2014 at 8:02 pm   

Brilliant RE. At year end you have outdone yourself. I agree with BS above that you and Steve L. are both hitting on all eight cylinders or out of the park for your last posts of the year.

Have a great New Year

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:50:23 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner Testimonials: Blast from the Past
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 03:12:28 PM »
From a veteran reader, ER was also a member of Reverse Engineering.

RE

English Rose says:   
December 31, 2014 at 3:43 am   

Your prose has simply gone to new levels over the last few months RE
. What has happened in your life that has made things so much clearer to you?

From someone who remembers your constant Lone Ranger battles with the dim wits over on the burning platform, I have to say you have come along way my friend. Remarkable stuff, keep up the good work. I have learnt a hell of a lot from your during the last 6/7 years.
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Diner Testimonials: Blast from the Past
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 04:05:19 PM »
From a veteran reader, ER was also a member of Reverse Engineering.

RE

English Rose says:   
December 31, 2014 at 3:43 am   

Your prose has simply gone to new levels over the last few months RE
. What has happened in your life that has made things so much clearer to you?

From someone who remembers your constant Lone Ranger battles with the dim wits over on the burning platform, I have to say you have come along way my friend. Remarkable stuff, keep up the good work. I have learnt a hell of a lot from your during the last 6/7 years.

I remember ER.

Got particularly rough handling from your buddy Quinn, as I recall.

Nice to know he's still around.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Diner Testimonials: Blast from the Past
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 07:30:45 PM »

I remember ER.

Got particularly rough handling from your buddy Quinn, as I recall.

EX-Buddy.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2015, 02:16:49 PM »
RE,
Excellent news. This is THE best kind of recommendation anyone can get.  :icon_sunny:

Pr 27:2 Let someone else praise you, not your own mouth—a stranger, not your own lips.

You are a prudent man, RE:

Pr 27:12 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished.

RE and Surly,
If you could be so kind, I would appreciate you plugging Nathan's petition. Here's the story and the pitch:

PETITION: Invite the Brown and Garner families to the State of the Union Address! Profiling has no place in this century.
 http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/859/834/788/
Thomas Locke, CA  Dec 27, 12:19
Signature number 24,481
Dear Mr. President, While I have to admit that no single one of the recent incidents of police using deadly force against minorities could be cited in and of itself as wrongful, the recent rash of such incidents shows there is still a predisposition by police to use more force against African-Americans and Latino Americans than they use against White Americans.

I have read accounts of Whites engaging in criminal mischief without being met with force, or in some cases without their even being arrested, while when minorities engage in similar behavior they are subjected to harsh enforcement. Profiling has no place in this century.

Thomas E. Locke

Agelbert:
I signed the petition and wrote to the petition originator, Nathan Empsail.

On Dec 27, 2014

Thank you Nathan, for this noble effort. Nathan, You give me hope for the future because you are truly a person of GOOD WILL! God bless you and your family. Here are some graphics that underline the importance of what you are doing: http://www.createaforum.com/gallery/renewablerevolution/3-231214194953.jpeg

http://zithri.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/DrKing-Black-Lives-Matter-600x337.png

http://www.createaforum.com/gallery/renewablerevolution/3-221014222208.png

http://www.createaforum.com/gallery/renewablerevolution/3-231214194953.jpeg

http://www.createaforum.com/gallery/renewablerevolution/3-211213180651.png

http://www.createaforum.com/gallery/renewablerevolution/3-231214183727.jpeg

Who Will Police the UNCONSTITUTIONAL Standing Army Brutal Behavior of the Police?

http://renewablerevolution.createaforum.com/geopolitics/power-structures-in-human-society-pros-and-cons-part-1/msg2300/#msg2300

Nathan answered:
Nathan Empsall (nathane@care2team.com)
12/28/14

To: A. G. Gelbert
Thank you for your very kind note! Almost all of the direct feedback (not counting signatures of course, which is what counts) I have gotten has been overwhelmingly negative and sometimes even racist. I think most people get it, but it's the hostile ones who are the most vocal. Your comment was a breath of fresh air. :) Thank you!
Written from mobile - the phone, not the gas station.  ;D

Agelbert frames the pitch:

Help make America a decent place for ALL of us, not just the privileged; sign Nathan's petition and urge all your friends and family to sign it as well. The success of this petition would send a signal to every police department in the USA that we-the-people are NOT going to stand for their selective brutality of people of color.

Invite the Brown and Garner families to the State of the Union Address! Profiling has no place in this century.
 http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/859/834/788/

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:18:50 PM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2015, 09:46:23 PM »
Today's Testimonials!  :icon_sunny:

Phil Hamilton says:   
January 2, 2015 at 8:24 pm   

Howdy RE,

Looks like you will be sharing that Nobel prize with Steve. That piece is a absolute cracker.

How do you donate to Steve’s blog, or should I just give my worthless Aussie currency to you. lol.

Cheers
Phil.

Randy C says:   

January 2, 2015 at 5:43 am   

Happy New Year RE, the King of Doom!!!!!

Keep up the great work, you are a voice of sanity as we move down the road of collapse.

RC

Louis Ash says:   

January 2, 2015 at 2:28 pm   

@RE

NICE!

My favorite quote of yours this past year is from The Money Valve post on 5/25/14: “The way this plays out in real life is that country after country of consumers are triaged off the credit bandwagon” What a perfect description of how John Michael Greer’s “slow catabolic collapse” actually unfolds. The third quote that completes the puzzle is from Ernest Hemingway: “How did you go bankrupt? Gradually, then suddenly.

It reminds me of my days as an electrical engineer – hydrocarbon extraction is an energy pulse and industrial society behaves like a capacitor. The curve is one of exponential growth followed by logarithmic decay which starts off slowly, then gradually accelerates with a rapid decline at the end.

Stay thirsty, my friends…

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 05:20:05 PM »
NEW Testimonial from the 2nd Tom Lewis Interview Blog Comments!  :icon_sunny:

L Racine says:   
January 11, 2015 at 4:02 pm   

Listening to your podcasts has become one of those “simple pleasures”…. like a good morning cup of coffee.

Thank you!
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2015, 10:39:54 PM »
NEW Testimonial!  :icon_sunny:

Louise says:   
January 16, 2015 at 4:35 am   

Now that I have cleaned the coffee out of my nose and wiped my screen down…… excellent rant!!!

Louise
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2015, 03:29:49 AM »
I don't think any compliment or testimonial has touched me more than this one.  Made me a bit weepy.

RE

Scythe of Relief says:   
January 28, 2015 at 1:49 am    

You're a Good Man RE, you're doing your best.

Cheers.

So I will soldier onward here.  Another day, another server problem, another rant.  So it goes.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2015, 03:14:20 PM »
Latest Testimonial from the Parade of Lies Rant!  :icon_sunny:

Carlos Jimenez says:   
February 8, 2015 at 4:14 am   

Your commentaries, R.E., are getting better all the time, I prefer listening to you rather than reading because you spike your voice with that fucking anger that we -well, the ones of us that don’t buy the daily bullshit- feel. And you do it very well. Thks.

For those of you who only READ the transcripts, you miss quite a bit.  There's a REASON for doing these as Audio, beyond just making it convenient for people to Listen while they drive the morning commute.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 01:44:15 PM »
Thanks and kudos to Monsta for jumping in and deleting spam from (former) member Michaelkees.

I approved a member request from what appeared to be a normal email address. Within seconds, spam appeared. I went under the hood to ban the perp's IP address, and by the time that was done, Monsta had nuked the remaining spam.

Thanks!
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline monsta666

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 01:51:11 PM »
It was the least I can do. I don't do enough admin duties on the Diner.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2015, 02:13:30 PM »
Death to Spammer Scum.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.