AuthorTopic: Diner Testimonials  (Read 17155 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
How I Survived Collapse Novel Testimonial
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2017, 01:25:09 AM »
My first testimonial from a fan of the HISC Novel!  :icon_sunny:

Farmer McGregor says:   
February 6, 2017 at 9:29 pm

Like Paul P. (previous commenter) this is my first time commenting after many years of occasional lurking. I've enjoyed most of what I find here, though I rarely feel like I have anything to offer in the time I have available, so I've never signed in or commented before.  But this time I just had to respond to let you know you're appreciated more than you know. Especially (jeez I hope those goofy HTML code thingies work here or that last word's gonna look stupid…  We'll know when I submit) — as I was sayin', especially since you started your little collapse novel.  I gotta tell ya I'm not alone in enjoying it. I have friends, fellow diner lurkers, with whom this is now a favorite topic of conversation.  "Have you seen the latest installment yet?  Whaddaya think about the (insert story point here) that he brought into it?"  Good conversation starters to discuss or perhaps even (gods forbid!) criticize some aspect of the story. Heck, we loved Kunstler's World Made By Hand series (bought the books, pass them around to read and re-read) but holy sh#t! have we ever torn them to shreds (metaphorically only) where we don't like his thinking, as well as armchair psycho-analyzed the poor guy in the process. But man we loved them.  And now we have you!
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner Testimonials: First Poem Testimonial
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2017, 03:22:22 AM »
Anti Troll says:   
February 7, 2017 at 3:49 am

There is no place finer than the Doomstead Diner,

Where doomy morsels are served on the finest china.

In a world gone mad, a haven for the sane,

The best place to go if you have half a brain,

All are welcome, unless you're an NBL whiner

(Or shit stained global warming denier)
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Diner Testimonials
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2017, 12:08:46 AM »
From Jan in the Last Great Frontier Climate Change Report Blog Commentariat:

April 3, 2017 8:09 PM

You are the most prolific writer/thinker on the web and this site is hands down top dog. That said, I'm going to have to send some pinzenza from the SS check to you — I owe you ! Got to pay for all the lurking time. Thanks for writing everything.
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
ANOTHER Testimonial!
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2017, 05:14:12 AM »
 :icon_sunny:

This one from Lurker AJ

April 4, 2017 2:31 AM

"RE, anyone who would call your quality into question is a low-life slug. This site has become my goto lifesaver in a vast wasteland of normality searching sheeple websites. Keep up the excellent work and don't freeze in that refuge of humanity up north."
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2017, 08:21:45 AM »
From Bill Sodomsky in the "When I'm Gone" Blog Commentary:

Well RE, it's not easy to respond to such candidness and courage and yet I am compelled to. Death is a Motherfucker no matter how you look at it or experience it. Alone, surrounded by family, it's one tough journey unless of course it's unexpected and quick. Not so in your case and to read your recent imminent death chronicles has been morbidly intriquing. Sad… of course because to those of us who consider the "DD" daily bread we're sure as hell going to miss YOU! Content aside, you had me from the very first moment when I clicked on the site and saw you seated at the diner fur cap perched on your head yammering on about the sorry state of our world. Now there's a soul mate I said to myself and nothing that you've ever said or written about since, has ever changed my opinion of who you are or what you stand for.

Although this commentary is not meant be your eulogy because of course rumors of your demise would definitely be premature, it is an opportunity for me to extend some sincere sentiment in the form of a quote given in a recent speech by Congressman John Lewis commemorating Martin Luther King Jr. Lewis stated, "He taught us all so much through his action, his words.He taught us how to live and he taught us how to die, that if you believe in something that is so precious and so necessary, you have to stand up for it, have to speak out." And that you did.

Not many us Roger will ever have the privilege of hearing about the effect our lives have had on those we have touched, but then very few of us will have the kind of courage and presence of mind you possess as you approach the end of your time on earth.

Good luck Big Guy and keep us updated as much as you can.

Your virtual friend,

Bill.
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2017, 09:02:10 AM »
 :emthup: :emthup:
HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING! Our communities blog is at https://openmind693.wordpress.com