AuthorTopic: Welcome!  (Read 57713 times)

Offline paul

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 11:50:45 AM »
I guess the best way for me to intro myself is to say that I lurked at TAE since TOD days and never posted.  I am very grateful to those folks for their work but feel that DD is closer to where i'm at.  I'll probably lurk mostly here but wanted to say hi and that this "feels" like a great place :)  Thanks and hello from the ozarks!  p.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2012, 12:10:12 PM »
I guess the best way for me to intro myself is to say that I lurked at TAE since TOD days and never posted.  I am very grateful to those folks for their work but feel that DD is closer to where i'm at.  I'll probably lurk mostly here but wanted to say hi and that this "feels" like a great place :)  Thanks and hello from the ozarks!  p.

Welcome. Don't be shy. Plenty to feast on here at the Diner.

Belly up to the buffet!
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 12:45:16 PM »
Hi Paul. Welcome aboard. :hello:

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 03:44:34 PM »
Welcome Paul. Wise choice. The Diner is the real deal.

just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline reanteben

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 03:58:54 PM »
welcome paul, lurker extraordinaire! thanks for making the jump. :)

nobody

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2012, 06:53:29 AM »
My standard Norwegian welcome to Paul -and ?Ed?
Sit long and talk much.

"I guess the best way for me to intro myself is to say that I lurked at TAE since TOD days and never posted."
I really get this.  You can do whatever you want here and there are no limits to the discourse.  It's "everybody into the pool!"

Offline paul

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 07:12:38 AM »
 :emthup:  this place is cool! thanks for being here.

Offline davep

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012, 09:23:05 AM »
Hi, davep here from the old days on peakoil.com.

It's a nice looking forum you've got going, RE. I'll have a good browse. I like the category headers already. And po.com is dying on its backside.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2012, 10:01:58 AM »

It's a nice looking forum you've got going, RE. I'll have a good browse. I like the category headers already. And po.com is dying on its backside.

I thought I recognized that handle!  Welcome to the Diner Dave!  How did you find out about us?

Do you still have posting priviledges on Peak Oil?  If you do, I'd appreciate it if you let the old crowd know about the Diner.  Sure would be great to get some of the old crowd in here, Pops especially.  Of course, there are a few I would rather NOT see here as well.  LOL.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline davep

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2012, 10:08:59 AM »

I thought I recognized that handle!  Welcome to the Diner Dave!  How did you find out about us?

Do you still have posting priviledges on Peak Oil?  If you do, I'd appreciate it if you let the old crowd know about the Diner.  Sure would be great to get some of the old crowd in here, Pops especially.  Of course, there are a few I would rather NOT see here as well.  LOL.

RE

I already have! http://peakoil.com/forums/reverse-engineer-s-explanation-of-markets-and-investing-t45154-210.html

I found out about the Diner from the yahoo group, but have been generally too busy (I'm working in Switzerland on Lake Geneva now, and commuting back to the doomstead in France every weekend). Plus I'm a mod on two forums, so I've not really had time to dive in.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 10:52:32 AM »

I already have! http://peakoil.com/forums/reverse-engineer-s-explanation-of-markets-and-investing-t45154-210.html

I found out about the Diner from the yahoo group, but have been generally too busy (I'm working in Switzerland on Lake Geneva now, and commuting back to the doomstead in France every weekend). Plus I'm a mod on two forums, so I've not really had time to dive in.

Wow, is that ever an OLD thread!  2008!

You're a Big Cheese Mod there now?  The Ban on RE is off now?  Is Wisconson Cur still there?  I don't think he would like me back.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline davep

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2012, 11:11:40 AM »
I hardly see him around. I think he spends more time on malthusia.com

I'm mainly a Mod to deal with the spam during European time zones. Sometimes there seems to be more spam than genuine contributions.

Offline Jb

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2012, 12:57:36 PM »
A warm welcome to davep!

I hope you will give us the latest news from the EU when you have time. Seems like things took quite a turn this week.

Cheers,

Jb

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2012, 02:50:23 PM »

I'm mainly a Mod to deal with the spam during European time zones. Sometimes there seems to be more spam than genuine contributions.

How about Nazi Jack?  He still around?  Monte?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline davep

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 12:52:40 AM »

How about Nazi Jack?  He still around?  Monte?

RE

No, Jack disappeared to Malthusia too. Monte basically ended up getting laughed off the boards.