AuthorTopic: Azozeo's News Channel  (Read 30297 times)

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: And the People Stayed Home....
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2020, 02:26:50 PM »
And the people stayed home. And read books, and listened, and rested, and exercised, and made art, and played games, and learned new ways of being, and were still.
And listened more deeply.
Some meditated, some prayed, some danced.
Some met their shadows.
And the people began to think differently.
And the people healed.
And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless, and heartless ways, the earth began to heal.
And when the danger passed, and the people joined together again, they grieved their losses, and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed.

Ignite Your Light Coalition  :icon_sunny:

I had a variation of this conversation with one of my best friends today.

Well done.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2020, 02:30:57 PM »
And the people stayed home. And read books, and listened, and rested, and exercised, and made art, and played games, and learned new ways of being, and were still.
Some met their shadows.
And the people healed.
And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless, and heartless ways, the earth began to heal.
And when the danger passed, and the people joined together again, they grieved their losses, and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed.

Well done.

The list of things which will be shut down by tomorrow in my state is growing by the minute--and is enormous. Hardly anyone will be going to work or going out Ö other than to take a walk to nowhere in particular. 
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2020, 02:36:40 PM »
Some met their shadows.
And the people healed.

Well done.

The list of things which will be shut down by tomorrow in my state is growing by the minute--and is enormous. Hardly anyone will be going to work or going out Ö other than to take a walk to nowhere in particular.

think of the potential benefits of enforced... stillness.

And if you can't be still, there's that list of things to do on one's "honeydew" list.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Azozeo's News Channel
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2020, 02:57:02 PM »
It's much too early to plant honeydew melons, but I can order the seeds (if they have not gone the way of toilet paper), prep the soil and make 'starts' in the window sill!

I happen to love stillness, though. I'm a metta-tater (potatoes bathed in loving-kindness).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 03:41:27 PM by JRM »
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2020, 03:38:10 PM »
Some met their shadows.
And the people healed.

Well done.

In 9 month's from now there will be a baby B@@M of biblical proportions. Globally !

Left to our own devices ..... mmt mmmt mmmmmmm  :icon_mrgreen:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2020, 04:45:11 PM »
The girls (my two older daughters) planted cucumbers and watermelons and s bunch of herbs today in my square foot beds. Onions, a few tomatoes. We started seeds for lettuce and kale and some other greens. Too late to buy starts for those. A little late to plant them, but maybe they'll make a little.

A token effort really, but it's a start. I have to rebuild the drip irrigation. They've added on to it too many times and it needs more feed. That'll be my contribution.

I'm thinking bigger. Maybe this is the year to get the greenhouse back in summer production. A huge job, that....but worthy......easier than pigs, at least. I think so, anyway.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2020, 06:31:28 PM »
Three thumbs up -- not fully green thumbs, but the ones I have.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2020, 04:27:44 AM »
The girls (my two older daughters) planted cucumbers and watermelons and s bunch of herbs today in my square foot beds. Onions, a few tomatoes. We started seeds for lettuce and kale and some other greens. Too late to buy starts for those. A little late to plant them, but maybe they'll make a little.

A token effort really, but it's a start. I have to rebuild the drip irrigation. They've added on to it too many times and it needs more feed. That'll be my contribution.

I'm thinking bigger. Maybe this is the year to get the greenhouse back in summer production. A huge job, that....but worthy......easier than pigs, at least. I think so, anyway.

Good stuff Eddie  :icon_sunny:

Are all of your family members together in Tx currently ?

For most of us here we lived through the gas crunch of the 1970's. I was a teenager with a fresh drivers license in my pocket .
My indoctrination to a new normal back in the day was to take the old mans sedan down to the local gas station & wait in line for 5 gal of fuel
As I remember, we had about 6 months of this nonsense. What pissed everybody off about this situation back in '72 was the fact that there was a flotilla of
oil tanker's anchored off the coast of El Segundo, Ca. waiting to off load their shipment of crude to the Chevron oil refinery.
The tankers were finally moved further out of sight so as not to continue to piss off the locals.

My point in bringing up this blast from the past is this....

For the most part, our country still had a large amount of stay at home moms in '72 !
After the price got jacked to $2.50 a gal stay at home moms was rare.

Hedonism 101 "WAS" the norm. NO MORE living large in the 3rd since WHO has declared a global pandemic.
The new normal changes day to day & hour to hour.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind