AuthorTopic: Uncle Bobs Bucket List Tour  (Read 2723 times)

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Uncle Bobs Bucket List Tour
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 02:25:01 AM »
//
I get that babysitting a building must be boring, but giving a tourist a bumsteer to try making you either too early or too late to leave is a shitty way to amuse yourself. If theyre so paranoid about people walking around why not wall the whole place off, just let people on official business in and be done with it.

Really shitty story, UB. But if you're following the news, you consider yourself grateful that he didn't give you eight in the back for your trouble.

Such is the state of things in the FSoA that Every. Single. Encounter. with today's hyper militarized cops is fraught with peril, and potentially lethal. Count yer blessings.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Uncle Bobs Bucket List Tour
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 07:17:52 AM »
I said it had only taken about 15 minutes to get there from the station but he said rush hour would start soon and it would take an hour to get back. He then said I should take a different bridge that I could not even see and come back on the other bridge doing a loop to save time or I would not make it. In fact the bridge he directed me to was about twice as far, and he was sending me on a round trip of about four miles that would really make me late.

Sounds like the advice of some fat-ass that never gets out of a car. I doubt he/she ever walked the route they recommended to you, ever. Pedestrians generally aren't too affected by rush hour.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.