AuthorTopic: Huge mushroom cloud over Donetsk Ukraine  (Read 2929 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Huge mushroom cloud over Donetsk Ukraine
« on: February 08, 2015, 08:21:50 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BW3mvggUFEk&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BW3mvggUFEk&fs=1</a>
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Huge mushroom cloud over Donetsk Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 02:56:27 AM »
Is there any more news on this event ?
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 03:30:15 AM »

To me, that looked like fairly large conventional ordinance, not a tactical Nuke.  Everybody Knows that Bombs are flying in Dontesk.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 06:40:40 AM »
To me, that looked like fairly large conventional ordinance, not a tactical Nuke.  Everybody Knows that Bombs are flying in Dontesk.
That's more than just a bomb, but Huffington Post is reporting that they hit a munitions dump.  THAT could easily cause that large an explosion -- the mushroom cloud is not indicative of nuclear weapons per se, any explosion that packs that much power will generate a mushroom cloud.  A munitions dump can easily have thousand of tons of TNT worth of explosives in it.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline whoneedsacleanroom

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 10:43:53 AM »
 :emthup:   If anyone has the coordinates or actual address of this munitions dump/ chemical plant please post.  Google maps preferred. :).

Offline Palloy

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • https://palloy.wordpress.com
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 04:56:46 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuQ5EPnSE_4
 Донецк Мощнейший, мать его, взрыв! 08 02 15
Donetsk powerful fucking blast! 8 Feb 2015

The sound of the explosion takes 11 seconds to arrive at the camera, so 2.2 miles away.  It cracked the glass in the window.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/02/09/explosion-fire-rock-eastern-ukraine-chemical-plant/
Explosion, fire rock eastern Ukraine chemical plant
February 09, 2015
Associated Press

DONETSK, Ukraine Ė  A powerful explosion rocked a chemical plant and set it on fire Monday outside the separatist stronghold of Donetsk in eastern Ukraine. Rebels said the plant was hit by government shelling.

No casualties or damage were immediately reported from the blast, which could be heard in downtown Donetsk. The city lies in the middle of Ukraine's industrial heartland and explosions like this have long been feared.
The State is a body of armed men

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 10:48:18 PM »

RE

Everybody Knows that Bombs are flying in Dontesk.

Really, I've got a five-spot that says more people in America know about this:

Kanye West causes Grammy controversy, taking stage as Beck accepts award.
"He should have given his award to Beyonce"

and this:

or this:

Deadly crash involving Bruce Jenner: questions and answers

And how many of those who do know bombs are flying in Dontesk are thinking that Vladimir Putin is doing the bombing ????!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:56:01 PM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 11:14:56 PM »

OK, let me rephrase that.

EVERYBODY in the COLLAPSE BLOGOSPHERE KNOWS the Bombs are flying in Donetsk.

Anyhow, it appears it was a chemical plant that got set off here, likely by a Ukie Bomb.

You can get fabulously big explosions from this kind of shit.  I am just waiting for somebody to set off an LNG Tanker in the Rotterdam Harbor.  That will wake up a few Dutch boys.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Palloy

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • https://palloy.wordpress.com
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 11:46:17 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquefied_natural_gas#Environmental_concerns
  • 1944, Oct. 20. The East Ohio Natural Gas Co. experienced a failure of an LNG tank in Cleveland, Ohio.[65] 128 people perished in the explosion and fire. The tank did not have a dike retaining wall, and it was made during World War II, when metal rationing was very strict. The steel of the tank was made with an extremely low amount of nickel, which meant the tank was brittle when exposed to the cryogenic nature of LNG. The tank ruptured, spilling LNG into the city sewer system. The LNG vaporized and turned into gas, which exploded and burned.
  • 1979, Oct. 6, Lusby, Maryland, at the Cove Point LNG facility a pump seal failed, releasing natural gas vapors (not LNG), which entered and settled in an electrical conduit.[65] A worker switched off a circuit breaker, which ignited the gas vapors. The resulting explosion killed a worker, severely injured another and caused heavy damage to the building. A safety analysis was not required at the time, and none was performed during the planning, design or construction of the facility.[66] National fire codes were changed as a result of the accident.
  • 2004, Jan. 19, Skikda, Algeria. Explosion at Sonatrach LNG liquefaction facility.[65] 27 killed, 56 injured, three LNG trains destroyed, a marine berth was damaged and 2004 production was down 76 percent for the year. Total loss was US$900 million. A steam boiler that was part of an LNG liquefaction train exploded triggering a massive hydrocarbon gas explosion. The explosion occurred where propane and ethane refrigeration storage were located. Site distribution of the units caused a domino effect of explosions.[67][68] It remains unclear if LNG or LNG vapour, or other hydrocarbon gases forming part of the liquefaction process initiated the explosions. One report, of the US Government Team Site Inspection of the Sonatrach Skikda LNG Plant in Skikda, Algeria, March 12Ė16, 2004, has cited it was a leak of hydrocarbons from the refrigerant (liquefaction) process system.
The State is a body of armed men

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 03:09:36 AM »

RE

Everybody Knows that Bombs are flying in Dontesk.

Kanye West causes Grammy controversy, taking stage as Beck accepts award.
 "He should have given his award to Beyonce"

And how many of those who do know bombs are flying in Dontesk are thinking that Vladimir Putin is doing the bombing ????!

No bet.

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." --H. L. Mencken
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound