AuthorTopic: Facial Recognition Software  (Read 1258 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Facial Recognition Software
« on: March 24, 2015, 06:30:11 PM »
I recently went into the DMV to have the address changed on my Driver's License to the new digs.  I have traditionally used my workplace as my Mail Drop address rather than my home address, but now that I am retired, no more workplace.  Yay!  LOL.

However, every time I have to renew or make a change to the license, I worry that I won't pass the Eye Exam.  I still don't wear contacts or glasses, but I worry that I won't pass and have to get some glasses before I can get my license renewed.

Anyhow, I passed the Eye Test with Flying Colors again, so then off to have my latest Picture taken for the License.  I got a Haircut for the occasion.  :icon_sunny:  The eyes are about the only thing left on me that still work right.  LOL.

Now, in prior years up here, a few minutes after getting your Mug Shot, the computer would spit out your License. All done.

Not this time.

What I got instead was a Temporary License, with the Full License to come in 7-10 days in the mail.  Why don't they just give you the full license right away anymore?  The technology for producing them on the spot is obviously available since that is how they used to do it.

The reason is Facial Recognition Checks.  I found this out by asking the DMV clerk why they were doing it this way now.  So this obviously goes to the FBI, even though Driver's Licenses are State issued, not Federal.  Then your Mug Shot gets recorded in the great National Database of Faces.

I read recently that Google's latest greatest Facial Recognition software has something like a 97% accuracy over 230 million faces.

http://fortune.com/2015/03/17/google-facenet-artificial-intelligence/

Passwords are going to be a thing of the past, your computer will recognize your face instead, according to Google.

You can see where this goes of course.  With Security Cameras everywhere now and hooked to the web, the computers can track EVERYBODY just by looking at the faces of the people walking around say Walmart.  You don't even need Spooks to be watching the camera images to follow people around.  The computers can watch EVERYBODY at the same time!

There is absolutely no anonymity in this society anymore.  Even if you don't drive, the DMV issues out non-driver ID cards which everybody is supposed to get because you gotta show ID at the bank to cash a check, you need ID to buy smokes & booze, you need ID when you sign up for Electricity or Gas to your house, etc.  Many of these things require not just the state issued ID but also a Credit or Debit Card from a major bank or credit union.  Even the smallest of agencies like say your Doctor will ask for both and then photocopy them for your Medical Records.  You simply cannot function inside the society without your State Issued ID Card and your Bank Issued Credit or Debit Card.

Now further than this, it all gets tied to the computer digibit analysis of your facial characteristics, also tied of course to your smart phone account and your email account etc.  So what is left of PRIVACY anymore?  There isn't any.  Yea, you can still go to the bathroom in your apartment and you probably aren't watched there at the moment, but all the rest of the time the computers are tracking you in some way.  They know what you look like.  They know what you bought at the store yesterday.  They know who you called on the phone yesterday and how long you talked for.  They probably have a full digital recording of the conversation too!

This is APEX BIG BROTHER stuff now.

Collapse can't come soon enough here.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Facial Recognition Software
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 06:46:18 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sJVUE7rYrmU&amp;list=PL90FcmUgZe6Dh5N3toI4tpbOPbVpsn08y&amp;index=3&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sJVUE7rYrmU&amp;list=PL90FcmUgZe6Dh5N3toI4tpbOPbVpsn08y&amp;index=3&fs=1</a>
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 07:02:29 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/A6SBm9HPjnM&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/A6SBm9HPjnM&fs=1</a>
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 07:04:25 PM »
Re said,
You don't even need Spooks to be watching the camera images to follow people around.  The computers can watch EVERYBODY at the same time!

Heavens to murgatroid!  An employment crisis for voyeuristic fascist goons!  :o

Uh. you know what those French loom workers did over a hundred years ago when they were concerned about their job security, don't you... They knew what to do with their sabots.  :evil4:

I suspect the spooks will not take this profit increasing scheme for security corporations laying down...  8)

Can you tell me where the security computer is?

Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.