AuthorTopic: Official Falling Stockbrokers and Bankster Jumpers Thread  (Read 20102 times)

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Prominent Hedge Fund Trader Jumps To His Death In Manhattan
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2017, 05:33:52 AM »
Another Bankster Flying Lesson gone south.

RE

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-01/prominent-hedge-fund-trader-jumps-his-death-manhattan

Prominent Hedge Fund Trader Jumps To His Death In Manhattan

by Tyler Durden
Mar 2, 2017 1:25 AM

A prominent 47-year-old hedge fund trader was killed when he jumped from a luxury apartment building on Manhattan's Upper West Side, in an apparent suicide, authorities told the NY Post.

Kevin Bell, most recently head of Credit Risk at Arrowgrass Capital, jumped from a ninth-floor kitchen window at the Apthorp building on West End Avenue near West 79th Street around 7:20 a.m. He landed on scaffolding that was set up in front of the building and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Bell left a note indicating he had been depressed, the source said. He had a history of depression, the source added.

According to the NY Post, Bell left behind a wife and two daughters. His family was at home when he jumped, according to the source. “The family is hysterical. He was under a lot of meds. He did not give a specific reason why he jumped, but he was depressed,” the source said.

Bell, a graduate of Duke University, worked at Arrowgrass Capital Partners, where he was head of credit risk, according to his LinkedIn page. Arrowgrass managed $4.5 billion as of mid-2016. It is run by former Deutsche Bank traders Henry Kenner and Nicholas Niell, and in 2015 had been stocking its ranks with Saba alumni after losing several employees in its credit-trading group in April. The firm focuses on strategies including corporate distressed assets in the U.S. and Europe.

Prior to Arrowgrass, Bell worked at various prominent hedge funds and banks including Saba Capital, Citadel, Citigroup and Deutsche Bank.

“We are deeply saddened that our friend and colleague Kevin Bell has passed away today. We extend our sympathies and condolences to his family,” Arrowgrass spokesman Nick Lord told The Post in a statement from the UK.

A building worker said some residents saw the man’s body. “A couple of our residents reported hearing a thud,” the worker said. “The daughter of a tenant looked out the window and she told her mother there was a man lying down on the scaffolding.”

The worker said the mother saw the body and notified building workers.

“He was bleeding,” the worker said. “Some of the residents are pretty shaken up.”

Based on resident reports, this is not the first suicide at the building: a man who works in a nearby doctor’s office was stunned about the suicide. “Oh my God, another one?” he said in disbelief. “Somebody committed suicide a few months ago … on the other side of the building. I can’t believe it, it’s almost exactly the same thing, but just around the side.”

Among the Apthorp building’s famed tenants were Al Pacino, Sydney Poitier and singer and Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Hudson. The building, which is modeled after the Palazzo Pitti in Florence, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and takes up an entire city block, from Broadway to West End Avenue between 78th and 79th streets.

It was unknown as of this writing if Bell's alleged depression had been impacted by recent market performance.

Fourth person to commit suicide over Madoff's ponzi. Lots of bad karma for Bernie to work off.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
Re: Official Falling Stockbrokers and Bankster Jumpers Thread
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2017, 05:54:22 AM »
It's strange to me why these guys decide to jump so often.  What is it about banksters and jumping to their death?  Is it just an overwhelming desire to end it and they live high up, and so it's just a matter of convenience?  Most of them probably do not own guns and men mostly do not overdose to kill themselves. 

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2017, 06:15:30 AM »
No, I think (and I'm pretty sure I'm right) that it has to do completely with one day having all the money in the world, and then the next seeing it all go away.

He had obligations he couldn't meet, and couldn't face his family. He was likely having marital problems related to not being able to support his wife in the style to which she'd become accustomed. That is avery hard thing for a pigman, whose ego is mostly about having money.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2017, 06:17:41 AM »
It's strange to me why these guys decide to jump so often.  What is it about banksters and jumping to their death?  Is it just an overwhelming desire to end it and they live high up, and so it's just a matter of convenience?  Most of them probably do not own guns and men mostly do not overdose to kill themselves.

Goes back to the 1929 Crash.  Lotta Jumpers on Black Thursday.

They all work in Skyscrapers, so probably whenever they have bad days trading, the way they think about committing suicide is by jumping.  Nowadays the widows don't oven in these things though, so if they wanna jump they either have to get up to the roof (often locked) or rent a hotel room, as this guy did.  His townhouse isn't high enough for a guaranteed death if he jumped off that.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2017, 06:20:20 AM »
No, I think (and I'm pretty sure I'm right) that it has to do completely with one day having all the money in the world, and then the next seeing it all go away.

He had obligations he couldn't meet, and couldn't face his family. He was likely having marital problems related to not being able to support his wife in the style to which she'd become accustomed. That is avery hard thing for a pigman, whose ego is mostly about having money.

The question wasn't about why he committed suicide, but why this METHOD of suicide.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2017, 06:32:08 AM »
Ah, okay. To that, I'd say convenience. Most pigmen don't carry guns. The ones at this guys level aren't heroin users, and probably don't have a bottle of opioids to take. It comes down to hanging or jumping.

Jumping is more......how shall I put it? Irreversible, and not subject to failure.

These guys are used to making hard decisions and pushing the button to make something happen...in their day job, I mean. They are risk takers by nature. They have learned to control their fear. It makes sense to me that they would jump.

Of course, some of them are thrown out the window. Of that I have little doubt.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2017, 06:50:52 AM »
The thing I don't get is why these Super-Rich Pigmen don't incorporate and put part of their money into the corporation and part into their personal account, so if their assets (like the townhouse) that aren't fully paid for can be repoed in the corporate bankruptcy but their personal account can't be touched. ???  :icon_scratch:

In Cryptonomicon, one of the characters, a real wheeler dealer, called this "Fuck You Money".  You have a couple of million on the side to buy a nice sailboat and take an early retirement.  If this isn't good enough for your high maintenance trophy wife, say fuck you to her also. (also make sure she signed a prenup before marrying her).

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2017, 07:14:48 AM »
You have a couple of million on the side to buy a nice sailboat and take an early retirement.

I'm guessing the ones who jump didn't read the Cryptonomicon.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2017, 07:28:20 AM »

Goes back to the 1929 Crash.  Lotta Jumpers on Black Thursday.

They all work in Skyscrapers, so probably whenever they have bad days trading, the way they think about committing suicide is by jumping.  Nowadays the widows don't oven in these things though, so if they wanna jump they either have to get up to the roof (often locked) or rent a hotel room, as this guy did.  His townhouse isn't high enough for a guaranteed death if he jumped off that.

RE

I believe I can fly...

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Top CEO killed in New Year's Eve plane crash
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2018, 12:26:41 AM »
Another Pigman Bites the Dust!  :icon_sunny:

RE

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/31/news/compass-richard-cousins-plane-crash/index.html

Top CEO killed in New Year's Eve plane crash
by Daniel Shane   @CNNMoney January 1, 2018: 2:55 AM ET

Richard Cousins, 58, had run Compass Group for more than 11 years.

The CEO of one of Britain's biggest companies and four of his family members were killed in a seaplane crash in Australia on New Year's Eve.

International catering firm Compass Group (CMPGF), a Global Fortune 500 company, said Monday that CEO Richard Cousins, died when the aircraft crashed in New South Wales.

"We are deeply shocked and saddened by this terrible news," Compass chairman Paul Walsh said in a statement.

Four members of Cousins' family and the pilot of the plane also died in the disaster. There were no survivors.

"The thoughts of everyone at Compass are with Richard's family and friends, and we extend our deepest sympathies to them," Walsh said.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau has launched an investigation into the cause of the crash.

Related: Six dead in Australia seaplane crash

Compass, which reported annual revenue of £23 billion ($31 billion) for its most recent financial year, specializes in providing catering for schools, prisons and multinational companies.

It operates in roughly 50 countries, employing more than half a million people.

Cousins, 58, had run the company for more than 11 years. He was due to step down as CEO in March and retire from Compass entirely in September.

The company's chief operating officer for Europe, Dominic Blakemore, had been named as his successor.

Compass said Monday that Blakemore will take over with immediate effect.

According to a recent profile by the Financial Times, Cousins had a reputation as a "big-hitter and company turnaround expert" among financial analysts in London.

He was recently named the world's 11th best performing CEO in 2017 by the Harvard Business Review.

Cousins previously served as CEO of construction materials firm BPB and as a non-executive director at several big British companies, including supermarket giant Tesco (TSCDF).
Save As Many As You Can

Offline AJ

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2018, 05:04:49 AM »
NO, NO, NO. This was an accident.  :evil4:
We want more of the .01% to voluntarily exit the scene. ;D
Nullis in Verba