PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Big Slide v2.0 Begins

AuthorTopic: Big Slide v2.0 Begins  (Read 116064 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Big Slide v2.0 Begins
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 07:25:36 PM »

That sure wasn't any nursery rime. Nothing to argue about, right where we are headed if the dim that rule us don't move quickly and decisively.

What kind of "quick and decisive" action are they supposed to take to stop this?  Do you WANT them to try to Print to Cover here?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 07:40:11 PM »

That sure wasn't any nursery rime. Nothing to argue about, right where we are headed if the dim that rule us don't move quickly and decisively.

What kind of "quick and decisive" action are they supposed to take to stop this?  Do you WANT them to try to Print to Cover here?

RE
Definitely, the sooner the better. It would be just one item in my response however.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 07:46:15 PM »

RE
Definitely, the sooner the better. It would be just one item in my response however.

Good GOD!  ANOTHER fucking Hypocrite!

All you ever do is scream about how Printing is BAD and debases the currency, then you turn around and RECOMMEND PRINTING!

Your credibility is SHOT dude!  LOL.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 08:10:28 PM »
I do think printing is bad, I also made it clear that due to their misdeeds and prior actions like severing the link to gold it is the only option they have in their tool box. That is why I am a gold bug, fiat money can do nothing but print its way into extinction, or of course you can choose a decade of soup lines, chaos, deflation and severe austerity instead. Where you get this screaming names like Hypocrite! and crazy attitude tonight is beyond me. It all started when El G showed up. Peter explained his position politely and reasonably and you jumped all over him too. It was a most stressful day for me trading the markets all day and the currency markets this evening, they are a mad house. Going to bed early, am brain dead from the madness. Calm down RE you are seeing things that are not there. Busy Busy day for the worlds markets tomorrow for sure.    GO

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 08:52:32 PM »
I do think printing is bad, I also made it clear that due to their misdeeds and prior actions like severing the link to gold it is the only option they have in their tool box. That is why I am a gold bug, fiat money can do nothing but print its way into extinction, or of course you can choose a decade of soup lines, chaos, deflation and severe austerity instead. Where you get this screaming names like Hypocrite! and crazy attitude tonight is beyond me.

OMFG.  This comes right out of the Vietnam "We had to destroy the village in order to Save it" school of thinking.  You think if Helicopter Ben Prints we WON'T get a decade of Soup Lines, Chaos, deflation and Severe Austerity?  Good God man, what happenned in Weimar Germany after the HI?  Destroying the currency through HI doesn't change the outcome, it just destroys the currency.

Our Illuminati Masters at the BIS DO have a choice here, and they can choose either route here.  In the Great Depression, they chose to Default Debt and  Deflate the Dollar.  You think they won' do that this time?  If they Deflate, they buy up any remaining assets for Penies on the Dollar, not that there are many worth buying of course.

IMHO, you HOPE for an HI here because you think that will make the value of your Gold Stash increase.  If they opt for Deflation, the Gold Card is Trumped.  You may get your wish, but it is by no means a guaranteed outcome.

Also IMHO, I do not think it is POSSIBLE to reflate this mess once the Sovereign Debt starts to go up in SMOKE, much less the Quadrillion in Derivatives.  You saw the same Charts I did in the End Game pdf I just put up.  Graph after Graph all shows the same Head and Shoulders pattern.  The Titanic is going DOWN here my friend, and right now, Deflation has the Upper Hand.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 08:56:12 PM »
     Maybe I am cutting off my nose to spite my face, and having never been through anything[likethis] before, Pardon me if I say "GET IT ON" you MFs ,"GET IT ON RIGHT NOW"  So "ARMAGEDON BITCHEZ" you damn well asked for it. Why are you still F ing around in it all anyway. You went on playing the great game and concurring with every bailout to be put on the shoulders of the innocent. I hope the naked emperor minus his putz is left hanging in a tree when the tide goes out. If what the guy in Valencia says is true then we'll really see Hercules at work and may the good guys win. A new day, a new system. And frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
All for One, and One for ALL!
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 01:20:16 AM »
     Maybe I am cutting off my nose to spite my face, and having never been through anything[likethis] before, Pardon me if I say "GET IT ON" you MFs ,"GET IT ON RIGHT NOW"  So "ARMAGEDON BITCHEZ" you damn well asked for it. Why are you still F ing around in it all anyway. You went on playing the great game and concurring with every bailout to be put on the shoulders of the innocent. I hope the naked emperor minus his putz is left hanging in a tree when the tide goes out. If what the guy in Valencia says is true then we'll really see Hercules at work and may the good guys win. A new day, a new system. And frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Gotta agree KK, regardless the consequences, enough is enough already.  Time has nearly come here for both sides to Put Up or Shut Up.  The Conduits are close to cztastrophic failure now, and when they fail as they MUST, the FINAL Battle for ALL THE MARBLES will ensue.  May the best man win.  Good vs Evil.

It is WRITTEN, the Meek Shall Inherit the Earth.  Take Heart, and be ready to Walk into the Valley in the Shadow of Death with the 600.  Or even 6B if that is what is necessary here.  The Meek SHALL Inherit the Earth.  Right AFTER the Meek get very, VERY Angry.  Whatever it takes, PLAY to WIN!  The continuation of the great experiment of Human Sentience on Earth depends on it.  If that holds no value to you, feel free to give it up now.  It holds value to me, and I will NOT give up this battle, so long as these keyboard fingers can write anyhow.  Best of luck to ALL my Friends out there ready to make the GOOD fight, in whatever way you think is right here.  We are all in this one together here now, One for All, All for One.  Musketeers, one and all.

Also, please remember NOT to bring a Sword to a Gunfight.  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Big Slide: Spain reveals €100bn capital flight
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 02:24:17 AM »
Off the CNN Newzwire.

No problemo! Chump Change!  LOL.

Should do WONDERS for the market 2moro.

SHORT THE PHONE BOOK!

RE

Spain reveals €100bn capital flight

By Claire Jones and Patrick Jenkins in London and Miles Johnson in Madrid

June 1, 2012 -- Updated 0853 GMT (1653 HKT)

Spain's 'indignants' protesters demonstrate at the Puerta del Sol square in Madrid on May 12, 2012.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
 Almost €100 billion in capital has left Spain in the first three months of the year
Data appears to corroborate earlier assessments investors are selling Spanish assets
 The head of the ECB also lambasted Spain's handling of troubled lender Bankia

(Financial Times) -- Madrid was dealt a double blow on Thursday after it emerged that almost €100bn in capital had left the country in the first three months of the year and the head of the European Central Bank lambasted its handling of Bankia, the troubled Spanish lender.

Data published by Spain's central bank showed €97bn had been pulled out in the first quarter -- around a 10th of the country's GDP -- as concerns mounted over Madrid's ability to contain its twin economic and financial crises, which have forced government borrowing costs to euro-era highs.

The data appeared to corroborate earlier assessments from economists that foreign investors were selling Spanish assets, while Spanish banks were increasing their holdings of domestic bonds, helped by cash accessed through the ECB's three-year liquidity operations.

"My concern is that we haven't yet seen the most recent numbers, which could be far worse," said Raj Badiani, an economist at IHS Global Insight. "We are seeing a perfect storm."

Spain: Too big to fail, too big to bail
In a damning indictment of Spain's handling of the problems at Bankia, its third largest lender, ECB president Mario Draghi said national supervisors had repeatedly underestimated the amount a rescue would cost. He also cited the rescue of Dexia, the Franco-Belgian lender, as an example.

Is Spain too big to fail?
"There is a first assessment, then a second, a third, a fourth," Mr Draghi said. "This is the worst possible way of doing things. Everyone ends up doing the right thing, but at the highest cost."

Mr Draghi's comments come after Spain last week announced it would inject an additional €19bn of capital into Bankia. Madrid's biggest bank nationalisation will take the total amount of state aid pumped into Bankia to €23.5bn. In February, Spain said no more public money would be needed for its banks.

The comments are likely to be interpreted as a further criticism of the Bank of Spain. Its governor, Miguel Angel Fernández Ordóñez, is to step down a month early amid increasing political attacks at home over Spain's banking crisis.

In recent months people close to the central bank said the bank had been increasingly cut out of Madrid's banking clean-up as Mr Fernández Ordóñez became more politically isolated.

Mr Draghi said the lesson from Bankia was that the supervision of banks which presented a risk to the entire eurozone financial system should rest with a centralised authority, rather than national regulators.

Strengthening the European Banking Authority, currently a small regulatory body that relies on national regulators to interact with banks in each EU member country, could help advance the argument for pan-European bank bail-outs. That idea has been advocated by peripheral eurozone bankers and policymakers as a means to break the "feedback loop" between troubled sovereign finances and weak banks in need of state bail-outs.

Some European policymakers see a more powerful pan-EU banking supervisor as a vital pre-requisite for further mutualisation of European funding issues, including the potential opening up of the European Stability Mechanism as a bail-out equity investor in banks.

"The main argument against the ESM taking direct bank stakes is that currently it is up to national authorities to decide on the financing needs of their own troubled institutions," said one European official. "If a European entity is going to inject money into a bank it needs to have confidence in the numbers."

Mr Draghi's calls for more centralisation of supervision are likely to meet with resistance elsewhere.

Less than two years old, the EBA has a small staff and its efforts to run tough stress tests and force recapitalisation of weak banks have drawn public criticism and private resistance from a number of national regulators.

The criticism of national regulators is sure to raise hackles in the UK, where authorities have successfully rescued and recapitalised several banks, including Royal Bank of Scotland, one of the world's largest.
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 04:44:04 AM »
 Re Quote "OMFG.  This comes right out of the Vietnam "We had to destroy the village in order to Save it" school of thinking.  You think if Helicopter Ben Prints we WON'T get a decade of Soup Lines, Chaos, deflation and Severe Austerity?  Good God man, what happenned in Weimar Germany after the HI?  Destroying the currency through HI doesn't change the outcome, it just destroys the currency."

Please RE, you are turning into a drama queen. The same thing will happen that happened in the last massive intervention in 2008, Stocks and commodities will rally, the dollar will weaken. Apocalypse will have been postponed for another 12 months or more. You can be go back to discussing how the money was handed out unfairly, the banksters getting most of it. Besides our saviors are still alive, one of them is on CNBC right now spouting his never ending stream of BS.
imagesCAKF6XLS
imagesCAKF6XLS

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 07:47:52 AM »

Please RE, you are turning into a drama queen. The same thing will happen that happened in the last massive intervention in 2008, Stocks and commodities will rally, the dollar will weaken. Apocalypse will have been postponed for another 12 months or more. You can be go back to discussing how the money was handed out unfairly, the banksters getting most of it. Besides our saviors are still alive, one of them is on CNBC right now spouting his never ending stream of BS.

I am NOT "turning into a Drama Queen.  I've ALWAYS been a Drama Queen.

So, Mr. Moving Target, your NEW argument is not that we should return to the Gold Standard to Save the Village, but rather that the only way to Save the Village now is for CBs to print more Fiat currency.  Also that they can perfectly balance their printing for the next 12 years so we don't get an HI, but just a slight bit of price inflation while the stock market is kept floating.  Tell me, in the interim here what happens to the Eurotrash and the Chinese?  Are they also magically kept afloat by the perfect amount of flow from the F7 key on Helicopter Ben's keyboard?  How about J6P?  The new digi-dollars are going to provide enough to float the job market or at least provide enough SNAP cards to go round?

Pardon me if your arguments don't seem consistent and are just a teensy bit self-serving.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 08:18:34 AM »

I am NOT "turning into a Drama Queen.  I've ALWAYS been a Drama Queen.

So, Mr. Moving Target, your NEW argument is not that we should return to the Gold Standard to Save the Village, but rather that the only way to Save the Village now is for CBs to print more Fiat currency.  Also that they can perfectly balance their printing for the next 12 years so we don't get an HI, but just a slight bit of price inflation while the stock market is kept floating.  Tell me, in the interim here what happens to the Eurotrash and the Chinese?  Are they also magically kept afloat by the perfect amount of flow from the F7 key on Helicopter Ben's keyboard?  How about J6P?  The new digi-dollars are going to provide enough to float the job market or at least provide enough SNAP cards to go round?

Pardon me if your arguments don't seem consistent and are just a teensy bit self-serving.

RE

No My argument is since they WILL NOT return to a gold standard, printing is the only current solution. You weren't paying attention. Your brainwashing on gold has been so thorough that you put blinders on when the four letter word is mentioned. GOLD is the solution. Honest Money of Integrity, History's Money. Banksters and you both ridicule gold, you are in with the wrong crowd RE. Wake Up!
Real Money
Real Money

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 02:02:22 PM »

No My argument is since they WILL NOT return to a gold standard, printing is the only current solution.

No my friend, because as you stipulate, a return to the Gold Standard stops Money Printing.  What would be the POINT to going back to a Gold standard if it did not stop Money Printing, eh? You are arguing here you CAN'T stop money printing without causing Deflation, Austerity, Soup Lines etc for at least a Decade.

Logical Fallacy.

Bang you're DEAD.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 04:02:01 PM »
All this back and forth between RE and GO about gold is amusing to me.  Today's divergence between the the SPX and gold was also amusing.  It reinforced my belief that it will probably require a "derivatives event" or "something else" that really gets the margin calls going full steam ahead...after all, the price is a byproduct of rehypothecation, isn't it? - like almost everything else.

I happen to have a small interest in the shiny metal...it's a small percentage of my investments so I don't really give much of a flip.

Maybe a poll is in order?  I have no idea what the parameters should be for such a poll since it would probably need to have set conditions/dates due to the dependence on a "derivatives event" or something else that causes margin calls.  Might be fun though - just an idea.

just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 04:59:10 PM »

Maybe a poll is in order?  I have no idea what the parameters should be for such a poll since it would probably need to have set conditions/dates due to the dependence on a "derivatives event" or something else that causes margin calls.  Might be fun though - just an idea.

GREATidea for a Poll to drop on this Thread Joe!  However, as you mention, setting up the Parameters for the Poll will take some noodling out.

Here are initial thoughs I have here on this

Poll Question:

How should the Central Banks and their Sovereign States best handle the current monetary system problems to best or most equitably resolve the debt overhang resultant from the Industrial Era?

Some possible choices I can think of right now:

Central Bankets should revert to a Gold Standard in order to stop endless Money Printing

CBs should try to Print in Concert at just a fast enough rate to Balance out Debt Collapse issuing new money to TBTF banks

CBs should try to Print in Concert at just a fast enough rate to Balance out Debt Collapse issuing new money to J6P through a National Subsistence Dole and/or Make Work Projects building Green Energy plants.

A Global Debt Jubilee should be declared wiping out ALL debts and each Nation should issue non-debt Currency

All Goobermint Workers should be Laid off and all uprofitable Biznesses and Banks with outstanding debt should be allowed to fail allowing the Free Market to resolve the problem.

Debtors should be sold off in Slavery to their Creditors or Exterminated

Wealthy People/Corporations should be Asset Stripped and their money/assets redistributed out to the population.

Gold/Silver currently held in CB and Private Vaults as Bars or Coins should be confiscated, re-Coined up and handed out to the Global Population to evenly distribute it and create a World Currency of these Coins.

Other possible choices are actively solicited here before I establish this Poll.  You can also suggest a different setup Question.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 05:36:23 PM »
RE,

Guess I threw a softball down the middle with the poll idea?   I like your poll much better than the one I had in mind.

just my straight shooting honest opinion