AuthorTopic: Big Slide v2.0 Begins  (Read 115838 times)

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Big Slide v2.0 Begins
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2014, 08:32:18 PM »
  Thanks for your thanks, kind Sir, The Cause Is JUST!

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2014, 04:31:57 PM »
You change topic.

Perhaps we, the two of us, haven't not made the topic clear enough for either of us to say this?

Quote from: Golden Oxen
You talk in riddles and questions.

I run thought experiments and lay out learning opportunities at every turn. I expect people who do not understand to ask, when they don't. I do not expect that my perspective is the same as others. Why should they be? We have learned two different lessons from gold, there is no dishonor for either of us to understand this FACT.

You play Mickey the Dunce to change the conversation when you cannot answer directly.

Cannot? I reserve the right to remain silent should I wish. I reserve the right to not fight strawmen, or acknowledge logical fallacies, or repeat myself when faced with those who cannot read.

All reasonable rules during civil discourse, don't you think?

You present stale quotes out of context and true meaning as your means of astute scientific logic, as you call it, to try and demean people who are making a sincere effort to contribute in their own way.

The quote was not stale. But was extremely telling, nicht wahr?

You can never point out someone's errors or mistakes as just that, but try and discredit all their work by the ones they make. Your constant derision of people the caliber of JHK and Mr. Bardi or Mr Hall are just a few examples.

I live in a world where "caliber" is determined by results. I do not confuse "results" with folks who write things I agree with...versus providing said results. Mr. "Y2K will rock your world!", "let me demonstrate what I don't know about peak oil" or "all drilling in the US will stop by the year 2000" have a tough time meeting that criteria.

Unless of course Y2K rocked your world, or you believe all drilling in the US stopped by the year 2000 because of net energy issues? :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

Your postings usually always end with self masturbation at you wisdom and knowledge and duty to point out how it is lacking in others.

Choose actual folks of caliber and we can discuss. You choose poorly on the last 3...try harder.

The question remains, "Why is a person of your seeming good fortune and intelligence presenting yourself to others in such a distasteful, jeering, immature grade school bully and taunter manner?

I answered this once already. Perhaps it was erased in the standard purging of information?

Please don't bother to answer it on my account, your obtuse riddle ridden nonsense is no longer of any interest to me; spare me the obfuscations and self masturbation session. It was a statement framed as a question only to point out you never did answer my simple question of why you delight in mayhem and deriding people's efforts who have good intentions, even if their views have errors?

If you don't want an answer, than why did you ask in the first place? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Worse yet..when given an answer...why do you ignore it?  :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2014, 04:55:27 PM »
You change topic.

Perhaps we, the two of us, haven't not made the topic clear enough for either of us to say this?

You talk in riddles and questions.

I run thought experiments and lay out learning opportunities at every turn. I expect people who do not understand to ask, when they don't. I do not expect that my perspective is the same as others. Why should they be? We have learned two different lessons from gold, there is no dishonor for either of us to understand this FACT.

You play Mickey the Dunce to change the conversation when you cannot answer directly.

Cannot? I reserve the right to remain silent should I wish. I reserve the right to not fight strawmen, or acknowledge logical fallacies, or repeat myself when faced with those who cannot read.

All reasonable rules during civil discourse, don't you think?

You present stale quotes out of context and true meaning as your means of astute scientific logic, as you call it, to try and demean people who are making a sincere effort to contribute in their own way.

The quote was not stale. But was extremely telling, nicht wahr?

You can never point out someone's errors or mistakes as just that, but try and discredit all their work by the ones they make. Your constant derision of people the caliber of JHK and Mr. Bardi or Mr Hall are just a few examples.

I live in a world where "caliber" is determined by results. I do not confuse "results" with folks who write things I agree with...versus providing said results. Mr. "Y2K will rock your world!", "let me demonstrate what I don't know about peak oil" or "all drilling in the US will stop by the year 2000" have a tough time meeting that criteria.

Unless of course Y2K rocked your world, or you believe all drilling in the US stopped by the year 2000 because of net energy issues? :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

Your postings usually always end with self masturbation at you wisdom and knowledge and duty to point out how it is lacking in others.

Choose actual folks of caliber and we can discuss. You choose poorly on the last 3...try harder.

The question remains, "Why is a person of your seeming good fortune and intelligence presenting yourself to others in such a distasteful, jeering, immature grade school bully and taunter manner?

I answered this once already. Perhaps it was erased in the standard purging of information?

Please don't bother to answer it on my account, your obtuse riddle ridden nonsense is no longer of any interest to me; spare me the obfuscations and self masturbation session. It was a statement framed as a question only to point out you never did answer my simple question of why you delight in mayhem and deriding people's efforts who have good intentions, even if their views have errors?

If you don't want an answer, than why did you ask in the first place? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Worse yet..when given an answer...why do you ignore it?  :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Another one of those, "should I publish or send to DNF" quandaries.

Is there any information of value in here?  None I can find.

More complaints about getting pitched to DNF, more bragging about the stratospheric world of "caliber" being determined by "results" he inhabits, unlike the rest of us lowly Homo Stupidus folks.

The really fascinating part of this is that Moriarty has even managed to demonstrate to the folks he dragged with with him that he is a complete jackass who basically says nothing of value.  I don't have to napalm this jerk myself anymore, GO and KK do that for me.

He seems completely unable to grasp that he undermines his own message by being a complete jackass all the time.  ::)

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wile E Coyote Day
« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »

Dow down 300
WTI down to $98

"Markets In Turmoil" Russell 2000 Plunges Most In Over 2 Years, Dow Down For 2014

Tyler Durden's picture

The deer is back...

Stocks finally snapped and caught down to high-yield credit's warnings. The worst day for the Dow in 6 months, smashing through its 50- and 100-day moving-average. The Russell 2000 was worst on the day to end July down over 6% - its worst month since May 2012. The S&P's had almost its worst day in 6 months. Trannies dropped 3.4% on the week - the worst in 11 months. Stocks closed at the day's lows.

NOT OFF THE LOWS...

The week

All major US equity indices close lower in July... The Russell 2000's worst month since May 2012

The Year... Dow Red, Russell -3.6%

Was Yellen right after all?

Stocks finally caught down to credit's warnings...

Dow's worst day in 6 months...

Builders are worst but Discretionary and Staples are now red YTD...

Amid all the carnage in stocks, Treasury yields closed +/-1bps (long-end higher in yield, short-end lower)...

The USD was flat...

Commodity markets were clubbed as we suspect EU closing margin calls (and then US margin calls) hit them... WTI dropped below $98!!

Year-to-date, gold and bonds continue to lead, HY lags...

While talking heads were anxious to explain how there was no panic... the moves in commodities had the smell of margin calls to them as equities demanded more cover...

So to sum up - carnage in stocks... USD flat, bonds flat... Oil monkey-hammered and PMs dumped.

Charts: Bloomberg

Bonus Chart: "Sell In May" worked after all...

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Frackers Get HAMMERED!
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2014, 02:42:38 PM »
A JOYFUL, JOYFUL DAY!

:multiplespotting: :ernaehrung004: :wav:

I am bathing in SCHAUDENFREUDE.  :icon_mrgreen:

RE

Energy Stocks Are Crashing As WTI Plunges Under $85

Tyler Durden's picture

Just yesterday evening, the exuberance was palpable (in stocks)... today, with WTI collapsing (under $85) to 18-month lows, Energy stocks are being monkey-hammered across the board (S&P Energy sector -4% from yesterday highs)...

As oil prices collapse...

and the curve flattens drastically...

So Energy stocks are in freefall...

But but but the Shale Revolution!!??

Quick grab the cost curve charts...

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Frackers Get HAMMERED!
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2014, 02:50:09 PM »
CALL ALAN!

HERE THEY COME TO SELL 'EM AGAIN
!   :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrxlVjZJawQ?feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WrxlVjZJawQ?feature=player_embedded</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E Coyote Day
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2014, 04:52:28 PM »
"Markets In Turmoil\" Russell 2000 Plunges Most In Over 2 Years, Dow Down For 2014</h1>

Not enough. We need more. LOTS MORE!!

Give us 10,000.

GIve us 6000.

PLEASE!!!!! We need the herd running so hard, and so fast, that they don't even stop to THINK about slowing down…so come on people!!! Sell! Sell! Sell!! You are sheeple, so you just do what sheeple do!

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:46:11 AM by Surly1 »
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2014, 05:41:09 PM »
You are sheeple, so you just do what sheeple do!

You are insane.  Seek Professional Help.

Sheeple don't own stocks.  Only Pigmen and Institutional Investors own stocks.  ::)

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2014, 06:21:38 PM »
Macho Graphics of Oil Firefighters get DNFed.  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2014, 09:06:26 PM »
"Markets In Turmoil\" Russell 2000 Plunges Most In Over 2 Years, Dow Down For 2014</h1>

Not enough. We need more. LOTS MORE!!

Give us 10,000.

GIve us 6000.
Indeed... we need the Dow to equal the price of one ounce of gold.

THAT is when the REAL (i.e. inflation-adjusted) bear markets end.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Satan's Fat Finger Deep 666's the Markets
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2014, 10:57:05 PM »
Pure coinkidink of course.  Nothing to see here, Please Move Along...  :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

RE

Did Today's "Satan Signal" In S&P Futures Give The 'All-Clear' For Selling To Begin?

Tyler Durden's picture

Even Bob Pisani knows by now that the European Close seems to create a trend-reversal moment intraday that few machines (and even fewer humans) are willing to fight. Whether this is remnants of short-term cycles found due to POMO or just a drop in liquidity is unclear; but what is clear, it happens, and all too regularly... except today. After a notably weak start to the day, the machines were just getting revved up for the 1130ET reversal to kick in and lift the market back to VWAP when a curious thing happened... "someone" canceled-and-replaced orders for 666 contracts 26 times in the 1130ET to 1200ET period... and selling accelerated lower, no reversal, to close at the lows on heavy volume.

Thanks to the incredibly detailed work of Nanex's Eric Hunsader, we can see the 'secret' signal that only the HFTs would have been capable of seeing...

For a sense of how out of place this was, here is the quote size histogram for that period:

We are sure this is nothing... just pure coincidence that on the 4th most active trading day in history and on following a huge surge day in stocks not trusted by any other asset class, someone would send 26 separate times in a few minutes orders for 666 contracts.

Only a tin-foil-hat-wearing digital dickweed would see anything odd about that: for everyone else this is merely yet another market anomaly that is best left unmentioned.

Oh, one more thing, this all happened just after VIX 'fat-fingered' spike down and VXX volume surged, launching today's selloff.

Save As Many As You Can

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2014, 11:02:18 PM »

Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2014, 04:32:30 AM »
Sheeple don't own stocks.  Only Pigmen and Institutional Investors own stocks.  ::)

Hi RE, While I realize you were trying to convey a message the the wealthy own a large part of the nations wealth, this statement is not factual.

The little guy does own stocks, millions upon millions of them through 401K's, Pension Plans, Esops, Mutual funds, Etf's etc.

The poor family people that saw their nest egg for retirement destroyed by the last great market crash was a true tragedy, and it will happen again. They are the hapless victims of these Wall Street bastards and hedge fund manipulators.

May I pose my point with just a brief question?

What is a worse tragedy; a big fat Porky Pig going from 100 million to 50 million on paper, or some poor bastard that slaved all his life in a laborious job to accumulate 100 grand in a 401k to supplement his social security check and give him a small protective stash against inflation and medical expenses the elderly always mange to accrue, dwindle to forty or 50 grand in a big market break? May I also point out that taxes have to be paid on that meager sum when they are withdrawn from the plan.

Clearly the pig, in my view, is pissed off and defers buying a new Rolls for a year or two, while the little guy has been effectively wiped out.

In the America of today a stock market crash hurts most groups of folks, and as usual the poorest the hardest.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:35:27 AM by Golden Oxen »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2014, 04:46:13 AM »

Hi RE, While I realize you were trying to convey a message the the wealthy own a large part of the nations wealth, this statement is not factual.

GO, in point of fact around 50% of the population has ZERO stock holdings of any sort, even in Pension Funds and so forth because most people at the lower end do not work in companies that offer pensions of any sort. Walmart, etc.

Above that line, the next 30% may have some stock market exposure because their Pension Fund is invested in stocks, but these folks have absolutely ZERO say in how the money is invested.  That includes all your Public Union Pension Funds like Calpers which are run by still more Pigmen on the take.

Then consider all the recent college graduates who still don't have good jobs.  You think any of them have any stocks?  Why don't you go ask the stock boy at your grocery store how many stocks he owns, or the cashier?  Ask the Taxi Driver, ask the Starbucks Barrista.  None of these folks own stocks.

A Stock Market crash will affect people of your age who have taken savings and dropped it in on the Ponzi.  It does not affect people not invested in it directly, which really is most people.  It will only affect them because the economy will crash around it, not because they lose their savings.  Most people simply do not have savings.

RE
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:48:37 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2014, 04:56:11 AM »
RE, I hear you but that 30% you mention is close to 50 million citizens. While you may consider their participation in the market meager compared to the rich piggies, it is, you fail to realize that that tiny slice of the pie is all they have.

It is all about relative importance and size of the stash. May I again make my point in  a slightly different manner, 50 grand  most likely represents the life's savings of the 30% as you call them, while being mere chump change to a Porky.