AuthorTopic: It's Just a Matter of Time  (Read 915 times)

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
It's Just a Matter of Time
« on: April 16, 2015, 11:04:41 AM »
Citigroupís Chief Economist Joins the Cash Ban Bandwagon

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-16/another-shill-statism-central-planning-demands-cash-ban

I'm guessing he'd like to see citizens hand over their metals, too. And he'd like to make bitcoins illegal too. When the US bans cash, freedom is completely dead.

I give it 15 years, on the outside. 

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: It's Just a Matter of Time
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 11:24:11 AM »
Citigroupís Chief Economist Joins the Cash Ban Bandwagon

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-16/another-shill-statism-central-planning-demands-cash-ban

I'm guessing he'd like to see citizens hand over their metals, too. And he'd like to make bitcoins illegal too. When the US bans cash, freedom is completely dead.

I give it 15 years, on the outside.

They won't have to Ban it.  In 15 years, Cash won't buy anything anyhow.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 11:42:31 AM »
I actually think that a 15 year timeline is quite reasonable for a countdown to SHTF. It could come before then if the wars get big enough, but barring that I'd say 15 years of BAU with fairly constant decline in standard of living for most of us here in the heart of the empire is to be expected. I'd like for you to get healthy, so you can live to see how it works out. It's not that long. It'll be here before we know it.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 02:23:21 PM »
I actually think that a 15 year timeline is quite reasonable for a countdown to SHTF. It could come before then if the wars get big enough, but barring that I'd say 15 years of BAU with fairly constant decline in standard of living for most of us here in the heart of the empire is to be expected. I'd like for you to get healthy, so you can live to see how it works out. It's not that long. It'll be here before we know it.
I'm still predicting 3 weeks to 3 decades... same as I have been for the past 7 years.

Only two or three times has the 3 week clock stopped moving forward... might have to cut the decade clock down soon.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 02:43:36 PM »

15 more years writing and ranting?  AAAACCCKKKK!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 04:46:57 PM »

15 more years writing and ranting?  AAAACCCKKKK!

RE

The upside is that the dinner keeps up with the crap that is going on in the world, and is fearless in blogging the truth...just realize that the whole mess is getting worse by the day, so there will be plenty that we need to blog about. :)
EARTH - "love it or leave it!"

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 05:12:34 PM »

I often ask, but rarely receive an answer, what makes THIS time different than when it was claimed, and didn't work out, LAST time?

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/05/paul_ehrlich_of_population_bomb_infamy_now_predicts_we_will_be_eating_our_dead.html

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama