AuthorTopic: New router has us cooking  (Read 621 times)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
New router has us cooking
« on: April 20, 2015, 04:15:40 PM »
Well, after using one computer for all the monks for over a year, i finally broke down and bought a $48 dollar router (Netgear)at Best Buy. ARGGGG I do not like that store, but they have taken over almost completely for electronics and computer stuff and gaming. So I closed my  eyes ( not really ) and made my way as fast as possible to the routers, grabbed about the least expensive one, and made it out of the store within 10 minutes. Took the old router off ( it was 11 years old ) plugged in the new one, and gol darn it configured our whole network, now we have 5 computers that can get on line at full speed. We really needed the upgrade, so I compromised my sacred principles, and went to a corporate giant. I will get over it in a few days , plus all the monks have their own free time to play on the internet now.
HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING! Our communities blog is at https://openmind693.wordpress.com

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: New router has us cooking
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 04:23:06 PM »
I will get over it in a few days , plus all the monks have their own free time to play on the internet now.

There is just something about that mental image.

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: New router has us cooking
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 11:43:21 PM »
Well, after using one computer for all the monks for over a year, i finally broke down and bought a $48 dollar router (Netgear)at Best Buy. ARGGGG I do not like that store, but they have taken over almost completely for electronics and computer stuff and gaming. So I closed my  eyes ( not really ) and made my way as fast as possible to the routers, grabbed about the least expensive one, and made it out of the store within 10 minutes. Took the old router off ( it was 11 years old ) plugged in the new one, and gol darn it configured our whole network, now we have 5 computers that can get on line at full speed. We really needed the upgrade, so I compromised my sacred principles, and went to a corporate giant. I will get over it in a few days , plus all the monks have their own free time to play on the internet now.

As long as the stuff is still available, it's worthwhile to use it for communications.  There is of course no such thing as a "mom & pop" store that deals in high tech equipment, and in fact we're rapidly running out of Big Box stores that do too!

Amazing how cheap some of this stuff comes nowadays.  I mentioned I picked up my printer for a big $44, INCLUDING the ink cartridges.

Use it while you can to save as many as you can.  It's not gonna last much longer.

RE
Save As Many As You Can