PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> THE REDDIT PLUGGING THREAD

AuthorTopic: THE REDDIT PLUGGING THREAD  (Read 9415 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
THE REDDIT PLUGGING THREAD
« on: May 02, 2015, 03:17:27 AM »
My latest submission of Michael Snyder's Psychological Conditioning for Martial Law article just made it to #1 on r/Collapse!

I also have 2 other submissions currently on the Top of the Charts of their page!

All have the Kollapsnik.com Flair attached!

This is a FABULOUS plugging venue!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reddit 666- The OMEN
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 03:19:41 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7CEbd7ffNw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/V7CEbd7ffNw</a>

OK, I am not THAT into Numerology, but some things do get to you occassionally...

I have been Plugging the Living Shit out of the Diner about 4 Months now on Reddit.  I watch my stats there like I watch them everywhere.  This one is something to ponder on...

reddit 666 3
reddit 666 3

Also NOTE the Date of 2015-04-19 and 4 Months and 20 Days as a Redditor.

20 15 4 18 4 20=81=3X3X3X3 -->3 3 3 3= 6 6

This is an OMEN that we have just 2 years left before a Korowiczian Kollapse, I am sure of it. 6 6=2 YEARS. Lock and Load.

RE

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:42:19 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Reddit 666- The OMEN
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 11:56:50 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7CEbd7ffNw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/V7CEbd7ffNw</a>

OK, I am not THAT into Numerology, but some things do get to you occassionally...

I have been Plugging the Living Shit out of the Diner about 4 Months now on Reddit.  I watch my stats there like I watch them everywhere.  This one is something to ponder on...

reddit 666 3
reddit 666 3

Also NOTE the Date of 2015-04-19 and 4 Months and 20 Days as a Redditor.

20 15 4 18 4 20=81=3X3X3X3 -->3 3 3 3= 6 6

This is an OMEN that we have just 2 years left before a Korowiczian Kollapse, I am sure of it. 6 6=2 YEARS. Lock and Load.

RE

In 2 years we'll all be pickin' our asses out of the pavement .   :icon_sunny:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
REDDIT PLUGGING: RE hits 10,000 Link Points on Reddit!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 07:49:11 AM »
globalcollapse

ReverseEngineer77 (10,000)

:icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner Reddit r/GlobalCollapse Crosses the 400 Subscriber Rubicon!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 12:35:13 AM »
The Slow Build on Reddit Continues!  Now at 400 Subscribers!  :icon_sunny:

More links on Diner Reddit r/GlobalCollapse by our Newz Hounds can help build this part of our Franchise.  Any Diner can drop a Link on our Reddit Channel, and it only takes a few seconds.  Copy paste the link to the Submit box, POOF you are DONE!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Suicide Watch on Reddit r/collapse
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 12:35:56 PM »
The last couple of days have seen the kind of Nihilistic & Misanthropic posts that are the meat & potatoes of NBL and OFW these days.  There is an ongoing battle between the Nihilists and people concerned that the spin of r/collapse might drive some unstable depressed folks over the edge to suicide.  The Nihilists wish to have Free Speech to pitch their spin that it is all Hopeless and Everyone is Gonna Die and the Concerned Individuals would like some kind of disclaimer at least that spending time on a Collapse Website for an otherwise depressed type individual might be dangerous to his/her health.  lol.

Anyhow, here is my latest contribution in the latest of several threads that have passed in the last 3 days on this topic.  I am responding to EndTimesRanter on why Nihilists and Misanthropes are such a pain in the ass on the collapse commentariats.

https://www.reddit.com/r/collapse/comments/4z5nm2/mental_health_support_for_rcollapse/

Quote from: RE
[Ė]ReverseEngineer77r/globalcollapse 1 point 51 minutes ago

I'm the one who is sitting on the other end of the network reading the crap coming off their keyboards. Nihilists and Misanthropes inhabiting collapse websites are like a bunch of shitfaced drunks pissing all over my living room carpet. They make the experience of discussing collapse in a reasonable fashion impossible. It's like a corollary of Godwin's Law of Nazism on the net. In this case, you can't talk about anything without some jackass chirping up that it is all hopeless anyhow we're all gonna die and then eat each other so why is it Collapse Worthy to talk about Macy's going bankrupt?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Palloy

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • https://palloy.wordpress.com
Re: THE REDDIT PLUGGING THREAD
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 04:07:01 PM »
I was (and maybe still am) an admin for a YahooGroups list on Peak Oil, where the troll was a Born Again Christian and Next Generation Nuclear proponent - if God didn't want us to have LFTR reactors, then he wouldn't have given us Thorium, would he?  The troll was tolerated in order to give people the opportunity to read his proposals and the opposing scientific facts.  These facts were dismissed by the troll as a conspiracy by the government and the scientific community ... you know the way it goes.

Anyway one of the list members, of which there were about 700, suicided after losing his job and his marriage failing.  The troll decided to make an issue of it, because God had told him that He didn't want people to suicide.  (Presumably He wants them to suffer instead.)  This annoyed the list owner so much that the troll was permanently banned, but of course he set up his own blog and continued ranting, and searches for the list's name produced lots of hits for his blog.  Of course you should never feed the troll, especially on his own blog, but it took months to settle down.

The Diner should have a policy for how such situations might be handled.  I will probably end up with another stroke, but if I were to suicide, it would be to prevent more physical suffering.  No one will be able to get into my computers past all the traps and passwords and encryption, so you will probably never hear about it - I will just suddenly disappear, which is how it should be.
The State is a body of armed men

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 06:41:55 PM »
I was (and maybe still am) an admin for a YahooGroups list on Peak Oil, where the troll was a Born Again Christian and Next Generation Nuclear proponent - if God didn't want us to have LFTR reactors, then he wouldn't have given us Thorium, would he?  The troll was tolerated in order to give people the opportunity to read his proposals and the opposing scientific facts.  These facts were dismissed by the troll as a conspiracy by the government and the scientific community ... you know the way it goes.

Anyway one of the list members, of which there were about 700, suicided after losing his job and his marriage failing.  The troll decided to make an issue of it, because God had told him that He didn't want people to suicide.  (Presumably He wants them to suffer instead.)  This annoyed the list owner so much that the troll was permanently banned, but of course he set up his own blog and continued ranting, and searches for the list's name produced lots of hits for his blog.  Of course you should never feed the troll, especially on his own blog, but it took months to settle down.

The Diner should have a policy for how such situations might be handled.  I will probably end up with another stroke, but if I were to suicide, it would be to prevent more physical suffering.  No one will be able to get into my computers past all the traps and passwords and encryption, so you will probably never hear about it - I will just suddenly disappear, which is how it should be.

My policy is to handle the problem when it arises, if it does, which hopefully it does not.

Overall, because of my own spin and attitude, not too many depressive types show up to post on the Diner.  I myself am not a hopelessly depressed person, so I don't attract them like a magnet.  The best way to shoo away such folks is to put on a Happy Face.  :icon_sunny:

For myself, I don't think Collapse will get me or Depression & Suicide because of Collapse will get me.  What is MOST LIKELY to get me is Lung Cancer from smoking.  It is a race to see which gives out first, my lungs or the monetary system.

In the meantime, I still enjoy seeing the sunrise every day (usually just before I crash and go to bed)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qPgMuBJDEnM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qPgMuBJDEnM</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 08:28:59 PM »
My policy is to handle the problem when it arises, if it does, which hopefully it does not.

Overall, because of my own spin and attitude, not too many depressive types show up to post on the Diner.  I myself am not a hopelessly depressed person, so I don't attract them like a magnet.  The best way to shoo away such folks is to put on a Happy Face.  :icon_sunny:

For myself, I don't think Collapse will get me or Depression & Suicide because of Collapse will get me.  What is MOST LIKELY to get me is Lung Cancer from smoking.  It is a race to see which gives out first, my lungs or the monetary system.

In the meantime, I still enjoy seeing the sunrise every day (usually just before I crash and go to bed)
Rest assured, there is absolutely NOTHING that ANYONE can say to me that would make me kill myself.  The only thing that has that power is raw physical pain.  My main weapon against it is procrastination: "Okay, I know the pain is so bad I would do anything to end it, but I can get through the next day (or hour, or sometimes just minute).  I can wait until then to end it."  And I keep saying that to myself until the pain subsides.

If you ever find out I committed suicide, that was the reason.  Or I pissed some HillBilly off  ;) ::)
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 09:07:36 PM »
Rest assured, there is absolutely NOTHING that ANYONE can say to me that would make me kill myself.

You're not the depressive type.  In fact nobody is here on the Diner.  However, if you float around some on the collapse waves here on the net between surf sites, you find quite a few of these folks.  First it was Nature Bats Last, then Our Finite World, now they are turning up on r/collapse.  It's like a cancer metasticizing across the collapse blogosphere!  You can't talk about anything anymore without somebody turning up and saying you are wasting your breath, everybody is going to die, AND SOON!  Don't bother making any plans or preps, it's HOPELESS!  Why worry about politics or who will be the next POTUS?  Why worry about whether you have a job or your McMansion is being foreclosed on?  You're a Dead Man Walking already!  What a Deluded Fool you are trying to make any Preps!  None of it will do you any good, you're going to suffer an agonizing death suffocating slowly as the phytoplankton stop producing oxygen!  Right before you die, some other Zombie who functions better in an anoxic environment will eat your face off while you are still alive!

Forget driving these folks over the edge, I wonder why they don't just jump off the cliff themselves without a push?  ???   :icon_scratch:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 01:38:31 AM »
RE says "For myself, I don't think Collapse will get me or Depression & Suicide because of Collapse will get me.  What is MOST LIKELY to get me is Lung Cancer from smoking.  It is a race to see which gives out first, my lungs or the monetary system."

Have you considered vaping?
HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING! Our communities blog is at https://openmind693.wordpress.com

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 01:49:06 AM »
Rest assured, there is absolutely NOTHING that ANYONE can say to me that would make me kill myself.

You're not the depressive type.  In fact nobody is here on the Diner.  However, if you float around some on the collapse waves here on the net between surf sites, you find quite a few of these folks.  First it was Nature Bats Last, then Our Finite World, now they are turning up on r/collapse.  It's like a cancer metasticizing across the collapse blogosphere!  You can't talk about anything anymore without somebody turning up and saying you are wasting your breath, everybody is going to die, AND SOON!  Don't bother making any plans or preps, it's HOPELESS!  Why worry about politics or who will be the next POTUS?  Why worry about whether you have a job or your McMansion is being foreclosed on?  You're a Dead Man Walking already!  What a Deluded Fool you are trying to make any Preps!  None of it will do you any good, you're going to suffer an agonizing death suffocating slowly as the phytoplankton stop producing oxygen!  Right before you die, some other Zombie who functions better in an anoxic environment will eat your face off while you are still alive!

Forget driving these folks over the edge, I wonder why they don't just jump off the cliff themselves without a push?  ???   :icon_scratch:

RE

It is simply beyond me that people can live lives that nihilistic. I'm too old to be that surprised. But then people followed Marshall Applewhite, too.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reddit r/globalcollape update
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 09:37:49 PM »
Made it to Double Digits at last on Upvotes on r/globalcollapse with this link:

HistoryAncient humans may have killed off cave lions to turn them into carpets (Extinction: A Homo Sap Tradition since 15,000 BCE) (washingtonpost.com)

submitted 16 hours agoby ReverseEngineer77Full Doom

Also now at 594 Subscribers, on the cusp of 600.  Not huge, but still around a 400% increase since I started that channel with around 150 subscribers at the beginning.

Diner Newz Hounds should consider posting links over there, it doesn't take much time if you are posting a link to the Diner Forum, only maybe 10 seconds extra time.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 02:00:13 AM »
RE says "For myself, I don't think Collapse will get me or Depression & Suicide because of Collapse will get me.  What is MOST LIKELY to get me is Lung Cancer from smoking.  It is a race to see which gives out first, my lungs or the monetary system."

Have you considered vaping?

I told him he should go with E-Cigs a week ago.  Within a month he would adjust and he would feel like he feels now when doing the deed.  Being as he is who he is he would probably cheat and prolong a manageable pain of transition into two months of aggravation though!
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 02:10:07 AM »
That bit about the lion rugs does not really give any information at all and hardly justifies the grabber of a title.  At one point humans started using animal hides.  This is a true story.  Was prestige involved in the display of hard to acquire hides.  Yes it was.  Stick a feather in your cap and call it macaroni.  Prestige display has been going on for two hundred thousand years and you can figure all this out on your own.

It had to be that most of, and all of first use evidence would have long rotted away.  No tanning evidence artifacts.  Nothing at all.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 02:13:07 AM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.