AuthorTopic: Oz PM exposes UN led climate hoax  (Read 8298 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Oz PM exposes UN led climate hoax
« on: May 09, 2015, 02:24:26 PM »
http://rt.com/news/256861-climate-change-un-hoax/

I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Oz PM exposes UN led climate hoax
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 10:41:10 PM »

He is alzo trying to get all remai ing forest logged and today announced that he will be cutti g family payments fro m the the poor to reallocate the money to well off families for paid daycare and introduc8ng a nanny subsidy since we cant keep foreign slaves for 300 a week like they can in canada. Tony will pay half their wage so wives of fatcats can sit at sta4bucks without needing to stop to change a nappy  now and then.

He was thrown out of a catholic monastery before becoming a politician.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 03:50:37 PM »

He is alzo trying to get all remai ing forest logged and today announced that he will be cutti g family payments fro m the the poor to reallocate the money to well off families for paid daycare and introduc8ng a nanny subsidy since we cant keep foreign slaves for 300 a week like they can in canada. Tony will pay half their wage so wives of fatcats can sit at sta4bucks without needing to stop to change a nappy  now and then.

Political power systems are a bit like septic tanks: The scum rises to the top. 

Suggesting a politician is scum is (likely deserved) ad hom, but does not defeat his argument.   It is a given that most of the political "leadership" is scum. 

My guess is that they Will Soon drop the global warming/climate change meme as a means to implement the control system.  Likely sustainability will be the new keyword to induce Ben Dover to accept the control agenda.

"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest." -  Simon and Garfunkel

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Snowleopard, consistent climate denier for YEARS, is BACK!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 05:04:12 PM »
Snowleopard, consistent climate denier for YEARS, is BACK!  :P

Snowleopard (AS USUAL) says,
My guess is that they Will Soon drop the global warming/climate change meme as a means to implement the control system.  Likely sustainability will be the new keyword to induce Ben Dover to accept the control agenda.

For the last three years or so you have been pushing unscientific, pro-fossil fuel propaganda like "sunspots, not fossil fuel burning, causes global warming", "the alleged "pause" in global warming (That HAS been proven a hoax generated by pro-fossil fuel propaganda), the "new ice age" (see Snowleopard wanting to move "south" and making plans to "ice skate on the Potomac" LOL!), ETC. 

For those very same last three years, hard data and scientific evidence of the horror show in the biosphere thanks to your fossil fuel burning pals has been pouring in torrentially, YET you still remain consistent to your climate denier "tune".  :evil4:

But let us assume for the moment that your are right and there is no global warming. WHY DO YOU, who claim to be looking out for we-the-people, play blind, deaf and dumb at the rip offs we-the-people are CONSTANTLY being subjected to by your fossil fuel PALS if, indeed, they AREN'T your pals and you aren't a PRO-Fossil Fuel SHILL?  :icon_scratch:

FACTS about global warming don't bother you.

I guess FACTS like the following TAXPAYER THEFT FINANCED BY THE BANKS AND THE GOVERNMENT on behalf of fossil fuel bottom lines don't bother you either.  ;)

Tt costs $1.50 per acre a year for the first five years of a lease, and increases to $2 per acre for years 5-10 - the same as when Eisenhower was President. 

Royalties are 12.5% of the value of the extracted coal, oil and gas, but that ends up around 5% after loopholes, and is much lower than the 18.75% for offshore leases (and that's also undervalued).   

US taxpayers are losing about $1 billion a year in royalties
- $30 billion over the past 30 years, says The Mountain Pact.

Read our articles, Even At Bargain Basement Prices, No Coal Company Bids At Auction and US Continues To Lease Our Coal for $1 a Ton.

Banks Keep Coal On Life Support   

For years, the world's largest banks have promised to stop financing coal, but in 2014 they still supported the industry with $144 billion - a billion less than the previous year.

Financing for coal mining actually increased from $55 billion in 2013 to $70 billion in 2014, and financing for coal-fired power producers dropped to $75 billion from $90 billion in 2013.

Some banks have stopped financing the worst kinds of coal mining, such as mountaintop removal in the US and the world's largest mine in Australia.

"It's outrageous for some banks to be hitching themselves to this year's UN climate negotiations in Paris as 'climate leaders' while they are not prepared to pull out of all coal sector financing, end of story,"    says Yann Louvel at BankTrack.

Read our articles, World's Biggest Coal Miner Gets Help From Major Banks and JP Morgan, Bank America, Citi Still Top Coal Financiers.

Read, The End of Coal, the Coal Finance Report Card 2015, which ranks the banks:

http://www.sustainablebusiness.com/index.cfm/go/news.display/id/26288

Snowleopard, I am not buying the agnotology that you are selling.  ;)

Agnotology: Part one of six parts

Agnotology: Part two of six parts

Agnotology: Part three of six parts

Agnotology: Part four of six parts

Agnotology: Part five of six parts

Agnotology: Part six of six parts

Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 08:26:29 PM »
AG we might be able to agree on a few things here.

TPTB own the major banks.

The banks own or control:

The politicians (all significant western political parties)
All major media.  (Fox, CNN, BBC, NPR, Al Jezeera, WSJ, WP NYT etc) 
The major oil companies, (BP, Chevron, Exxon, Shell)
Hundreds of major corporations, ie. most of the Fortune 500

They also control through their politicians, foundations and funds most scientific research,  most significant NGOs and activist groups.  If a significant social issue is in play that they have an interest in, they are almost certainly controlling both sides of the debate.

If we can agree here it might be possible to hold a discussion.

We do agree that the banksters and their corps are stealing like there is no tomorrow.  I'm not sure you agree that governments are basically their agents in a large part of this theft.  Our major disagreement seems to be that you cannot believe that AGW is just another of their psyops, and I am certain that it is.  That might be tedious to prove but the money trail is there.  It was Peter that first clued me to this.

Likely part of the plan was to structure carbon sequestration and/or taxation in such a way that small and mid cap oils would lose money and be vulnerable to takeover by the large cap oils.  I think they have given up on this.  I could be wrong.

Part of the agenda seems to just be anti US/EU survival.  What is the point of closing a few coal fired plants in US/UK if Chindia is building more than one a week?  And they are very quiet about the Chinese CTL plants.

Yes, FWIW, the Potomac did freeze this year, to within sight of the Capitol. I didn't notice anyone skating yet though, give them a few years to get used to it.

You can pretend it is getting hotter but (for one example of many) as of today my red maples and yellow birches still haven't leafed out! 

As for moving south, we did look into it some,  but my partner wishes to remain employed, and there are no career opportunities for her in southern Appalachia or eastern Texas.  Unsurprisingly, Atlanta, Raleigh, Houston and Dallas (where career opportunities do exist) just do not attract.
"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest." -  Simon and Garfunkel

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 03:40:38 AM »
Great to see you back Snowleopard.  What a winter that was, am I glad it's over.  ::) ;D

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 04:52:43 AM »

Suggesting a politician is scum is (likely deserved) ad hom, but does not defeat his argument.   It is a given that most of the political "leadership" is scum. 

WHat argument?  Did u not read that he provided no evidence.. ?  No evidence or logic provided to show that temp is in stasis for 20 years. no evidence or argument to explain how it has anything to do with repealing democracy. The only thing he has said definitively is they do not want to take action to cut emission because it would cost money.

so the only conspiracy theory and control agenda here is the guy repeating your claims that climate scientists are all lying and we havent had close to 50c summers. No drought and desertification.  No tropical fish  swimming past new zealand. All a hoax. And the footdragging by govts reluctant to meet any targets of too little too late all an act. Wandering jetstream doesnt cause polar vortex its really an ice age right. Big business including fossil fuel industries having close contact and contribution to the liberal party and that being the climate sceptic party  is no conspiracy though. They wanted to meet renewable energy target of just 15% by 2025 by scrapping wind and solar and instead burning woodchips from logging the protected native forests.

Theres a thin layer of air around the earth. underneath that is a layer of coal. , gas,  and oil that took millions of years to deposit. When you take that heavy layer from under to the surface and burn it all in the light layer of air, that air and water on the surface heats up.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 05:02:04 AM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 08:19:51 AM »
Great to see you back Snowleopard.  What a winter that was, am I glad it's over.  ::) ;D

Thanks GO

Winter seems to be done here too, with any luck.   Six months of winter is a little much!

Temps switched from mostly below "normal" to mostly above.  Most of the trees (except yellow birches and some red maples that are usually early) are leafing out and my plums are blooming.

The last of my snowpiles melted away last week.  I'll wait until next week to swap off  the winter tires though.

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 10:02:34 AM »

WHat argument?  Did u not read that he provided no evidence.. ?  No evidence or logic provided to show that temp is in stasis for 20 years. no evidence or argument to explain how it has anything to do with repealing democracy. The only thing he has said definitively is they do not want to take action to cut emission because it would cost money.

so the only conspiracy theory and control agenda here is the guy repeating your claims that climate scientists are all lying and we havent had close to 50c summers. No drought and desertification.  No tropical fish  swimming past new zealand. All a hoax. And the footdragging by govts reluctant to meet any targets of too little too late all an act. Wandering jetstream doesnt cause polar vortex its really an ice age right. Big business including fossil fuel industries having close contact and contribution to the liberal party and that being the climate sceptic party  is no conspiracy though. They wanted to meet renewable energy target of just 15% by 2025 by scrapping wind and solar and instead burning woodchips from logging the protected native forests.

Theres a thin layer of air around the earth. underneath that is a layer of coal. , gas,  and oil that took millions of years to deposit. When you take that heavy layer from under to the surface and burn it all in the light layer of air, that air and water on the surface heats up.

The FACT that "world temperature" has been flat for many years is hardly worth debating any more.  The evidence is linked to from most denier, skeptic and lukewarmer sites.

Many of those who lead the "warmist" movement have reluctantly conceded this, though you won't find many MSM stories quoting them doing so.  I'd disagree with 20 years though and put it somewhere between 12-18 years depending on the measurement system used.

This part is not conspiracy theory stuff and I'm not in the mood to argue it or do homework, but if you truly have interest you might try tracking down the origin of this study:

Of the 100 papers we identified, 65 didn’t have anything to do with recent global temperature trends (these typified papers published prior to about 2010). Of the remaining 35 papers, every single one of them acknowledged in some way that a hiatus, pause, or slowdown in global warming was occurring.

In other words, we didn’t find a single paper on the topic that argued the rate of global warming has not slowed (or even stopped) in recent years. This is in direct opposition to the IPCC’s contention that global warming is accelerating, and supports arguments that the amount of warming that will occur over the remainder of the 21st century as a result of human fossil fuel usage will be at the low end of the IPCC projections, or even lower. Low-end warming yields low-end impacts.

We surely may have missed a few papers that were not cataloged in the database we used, or that weren’t captured by our search terms, but the evidence is overwhelming—virtually all (if not actually all) scientific papers that mention a hiatus or pause agree that it exists.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/11/18/if-97-of-scientists-say-global-warming-is-real-100-say-it-has-nearly-stopped/

If you prefer argument, you can find a long list of essays arguing this topic at the same (polite denier) site:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/category/hiatus-in-global-warming/

Wandering jetstream doesnt cause polar vortex its really an ice age right.

First off, we ARE in an ice age.  In geologic time the earth has been cooling overall for 50Myrs.

Earth cooled enough to enter an ice age 3-5Mys ago. 

Our current interglacial was much warmer when it began and has been cooling overall for at least 3kyrs. 

The above graph shows Greenland temp, not world temp and the time goes to 1950, not 2000 like it says, but it does illustrate the trend well.

It is not at all controversial geologically that we are headed into full glaciation.  The cycle will continue, the question is when we get there. 

What you call wandering jetstream might be better characterized as a switch from latitudinal winds to meridional winds which is common as the Earth enters cooling periods.  In warm periods they are mostly latitudinal, currently they are switching back and forth, in full glaciation they tend to be mostly meridional.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:12:42 AM by Snowleopard »

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 10:35:13 AM »
It is not at all controversial geologically that we are headed into full glaciation.  The cycle will continue, the question is when we get there. 

I guess that's why you can sail through the Northwest Passage now, for the first time in recorded history?

http://www.livescience.com/48105-cargo-ship-solos-northwest-passage.html

Guess that's why the ice sheets in Greenland and the Antarctic are melting?

https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/quickfacts/icesheets.html

http://www.antarcticglaciers.org/glaciers-and-climate/shrinking-ice-shelves/ice-shelves/

Send us a little ice age glaciation down our way, we could use the water.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:05:10 AM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 02:24:34 PM »

I guess that's why you can sail through the Northwest Passage now, for the first time in recorded history?

http://www.livescience.com/48105-cargo-ship-solos-northwest-passage.html

So this captain got lucky.  One can Google up multiple accounts of ships attempting the passage that needed rescue. 

Arctic ocean ice thickness and coverage is mostly controlled by wind velocity and direction, then by ocean currents and lastly by temperature.  Most of Alaska was not glaciated at the Last Glacial Maximum and the Arctic ocean was open several times during that glaciation.  .

Guess that's why the ice sheets in Greenland and the Antarctic are melting?

https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/quickfacts/icesheets.html

http://www.antarcticglaciers.org/glaciers-and-climate/shrinking-ice-shelves/ice-shelves/

Currently the average annual ice accumulation on Greenland runs about 400 GigaTons.  This year is slightly above the average.

http://beta.dmi.dk/en/groenland/maalinger/greenland-ice-sheet-surface-mass-budget/

Antarctic sea ice is currently running 2-3 standard deviations above normal and has broken many all time extent records this year:

https://sunshinehours.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/antarctic_sea_ice_extent_zoomed_2015_day_128_1981-2010.png

There is also the interesting story of the "climate scientists"  in the 2013 Antarctic summer who tried to duplicate the 1913 Mawson expedition with a modern ice strengthened vessel, got stuck in the ice and had to be rescued.  The much less capable vessel of 1913 had no serious trouble.  They were trying to show how much the ice had melted!

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/17277-global-warming-alarmists-stuck-in-antarctic-sea-ice

Send us a little ice age glaciation down our way, we could use the water.

If only I had that power, I'd be happy to oblige!  ::)

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 02:54:07 PM by Snowleopard »

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 06:13:27 PM »

Snowleapard,
With your 24/7 evidence free Propaganda laced with "scientific" remarks like "The captain got lucky", you have earned a permanent sign (mendacity expert) painted on your back by Eddie, UB and myself.

As to you "agreeing" with me on corruption in government, the point of my post is that  ANYTHING that rankles the feathers of the fossil fuel industry is something YOU refuse to bring up. Spare me the "China is doing this and Russia is doing that" PROPAGANDA pro-war hysteria while you "tactfully" ignore the destruction of our finances for the benefit of the fossil fuel industry.

Your SILENCE is the issue, pal! And that stack of agonotology based graphs you just presented are a perfect example of your disingenuous double talk.

GO, when your are ROASTING in Boston this summer and your power bill GOES THROUGH THE ROOF TO PROVE IT, try to remember last winter and everything I have posted here calmly explaining why the more extreme winter is an EFFECT of global Warming. The hotter than blazes summer will be something ALSO expected but, OF COURSE, something Snowleopard will "tactfully" ignore while he (pretends to) order another pair of ice skates.  :evil4:

Go ahead, GO, play kissy face with Snowleopard. And be sure and IGNORE what the scientists at the following web site, staffed EXCLUSIVELY BY CLIMATE SCIENTISTS, say. No need to strain yourself, after all.

But if you REALLY want to know how Snowleopard TICKS, this article points to an online brief course on the Climate Denial MO. 

An Online University Course on the Science of Climate Science Denial Filed under: Climate Science — mike @ 22 April 2015

Guest post from John Cook, University of Queensland

For many years, RealClimate has been educating the public about climate science. The value of climate scientists patiently explaining the science and rebutting misinformation directly with the public cannot be overestimated. When I began investigating this issue, my initial searches led me here, which was invaluable in increasing my understanding of our climate and making sense of misinformation. RealClimate has inspired and empowered a host of climate communicators such as myself to step forward and help make climate science more accessible to the general public.

To further the work of educating the public, and empowering people to communicate the realities of climate change, the Skeptical Science team has collaborated with The University of Queensland to develop a MOOC, Making Sense of Climate Science Denial. MOOC stands for Massive (we’ve already had thousands of students sign up from over 130 countries) Open (available for free to everyone) Online (web-based, no software required) Course.

The course examines the science of climate science denial. Why do a small but vocal minority reject the scientific evidence for climate change? What techniques do they use to cast doubt on the science?

And we examine the all-important questionbased on scientific research, how should we respond to science denial?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RedrutZ_G3Q#&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RedrutZ_G3Q#&fs=1</a>

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2015/04/an-online-university-course-on-the-science-of-climate-science-denial/

Agelbert NOTE: One of the techniques, used BOTH by Snowleopard and Mking, is the resolution reduction trick used in graphing in order to give the appearance of a gradient in the direction of COOLING   . What they do is bring in several million years, something that is irrelevant to what has happened in the last 200 years, but it looks good on paper.  :evil4: 

They also go in the opposite direction to narrowly focus on a temperature record at exactly the spot following a temperature spike. WHY? Because, after the spike is chopped off the graph  :evil4:, the slight reversion to mean, regardless of the FACT that the mean rate IS climbing, gives the FALSE and MISLEADING appearance of a pause. This is pure and unadulterated malice and aforethought (mens rea) disinformation in the servie of the fossil fuel industry. People like this should be imprisoned for life as enemies of humanity and the biosphere. Have a nice day.
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 06:44:02 PM »

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/

Brave Climate Deniers everywhere, please ignore the above silly graph by NASA. 

Within a thousand years or so we are going to get cooler with lots of BRRRR glaciation! Hurry, buy a big oil fired furnace now! Snowleopard, Mking and your great-great-great-great (you get the idea  ;)) grandchildren will thank you. :evil4:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:56:28 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 06:56:29 PM »
So again u ignore ocean temp talk about temp instead of climate. And tell us that the 50 million year trend is dOwn. But u got to leave out that 50 million d ownward turning sharply up since we started burning fossil fuels. So sl wtf is the skijump shape of the trend?  Why in the last 1oo yrs the trend ends. Why do u  have to present false graph claiming it goes to yr 2ooo when its only to 1950. Because  the steep climb upwards in the last 65 yrs would put the lie to it. As for your alternative explanation for wandering jetstream it ignores alaska and siberia shorts and t shirt winter weather.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 07:01:50 PM »
What a joke to present a graph of the last 18 years to say no warming in that period debunks global warming when those same years contai n all the hottest in history. Since 96. Now go ahead and expand those last 18 years back  the 50 million u say are relevant to show the real picture. And while u r at it lets see the ocean temps in the same period since 96 . Then tell the truth about who has conceded anything.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:06:39 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME