AuthorTopic: Emergency Savings: How much do you REALLY need?  (Read 13555 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Emergency Savings: How much do you REALLY need?
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2015, 08:19:05 PM »
The new human that is coming won't "vibrate"
or as the native americans say "your spirit"
will resonate to a higher frequency. P.A.G.G.L.E.S.
Pride Anger Greed Gluttony Lust Envy Sloth will be
such a painful experience on an individual basis
(the collective / us, already sees this} that death
will be on much more swifter level. We are already
seeing this.
example would be bankster suicides.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2015, 08:38:21 PM »
seeing this.
   But many of those so called suicides were obviously contracted murders. Which gives an entirely different view of the matter.                         Karpatok

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2015, 08:49:55 PM »
    When you want to silence people whose opinion you do not like, you can put pressure of threat upon them. And if that doesn't work, you simply murder them by paying someone else to do the silencing. Thus we see the so called "suicides" of genuine born Ukrainians about whom it is claimed that they committed suicide conveniently when they just would not shut up giving their version of the truth. That act is called Fascism and is prevalent everywhere, especially here. Another version is called a FATWA. Remember," a rose by any other name would smell as sweet".             Karpatok

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2015, 09:55:19 PM »
seeing this.

I suspect you may be generally correct,  but don't see it moving there very fast.

Perhaps those few banksters who retain sensitivity may indeed reform or suicide.

Aren't true psychopaths more or less immune to "vibrations"?

As long as there is war, rape and child abuse won't there be more "made" psychopaths?

Do you envision mass refusal to join armies even when threatened with execution?

Do you think eventually the greedsters may not be able to reincarnate? ???

If so, the smarter members of their team are probably aware of this. and....

If/when they, as a group, decide they have nothing to lose,  that could be peak danger time.

Nonetheless, I'm not convinced we are there yet, or that the majority of those bankster "suicides" aren't some type of infighting or discipline.

Thoughts??
"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest." -  Simon and Garfunkel

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2015, 10:05:17 PM »
seeing this.

I suspect you may be generally correct,  but don't see it moving there very fast.

Perhaps those few banksters who retain sensitivity may indeed reform or suicide.

As long as there is war, rape and child abuse won't there be more "made" psychopaths?

Do you envision mass refusal to join armies even when threatened with execution?

If/when they, as a group, decide they have nothing to lose,  that could be peak danger time.

Nonetheless, I'm not convinced we are there yet, or that the majority of those bankster "suicides" aren't some type of infighting or discipline.

Thoughts??

He never said it would be soon...
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2015, 01:58:05 AM »
EMERGENCY SAVINGS  article now Cross Posted on

GLOBAL ECONOMIC INTERSECTION

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Joseph McCafferty

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2015, 03:57:18 AM »
Evil is most definitely the absence of empathy. But unfortunately empathy is not part of a person when that person is born. Only the "capacity" for empathy is there; which must be cultivated through modeling and teaching. This is the meaning inherent in "higher cultures". Free will pertains to empathy only after it has been taught.  Furthermore, refusing to name TPTB who lack empathy, puts one most definitely in either collusion or empathy with them. No matter how much one wishes to know that they will burn in Hell. Have courage and integrity. Call them out by name or be complicit.                                                    Karpatok

Have you ever been watching ice dancing or gymnastics, and the young performer is tumbling and spinning around when all of a sudden - BANG! - the performer makes an error and lands on their backside? On seeing this, your buttocks go into spasm and that jolt of pain goes through your whole body. You exclaim, "Ooh! I felt that."

Your DNA builds both brains and buttocks that feel empathy in the most physical of ways. There is no culture or learning there - empathy is physiological in humans. This trait is not only deep in your genetics, it goes back in deep time too. The people - who were about a thousand breeding pairs after the Toba disaster - brought with them those genes through that genetic bottleneck. It may well even have been a factor in their survival.

But there are also people, who would watch such a thing as someone falling on their behind, and not feel anything. They may even laugh in derision - these are your zero-empathy people. Empathy is not a trait that you need to get along in this civilization - indeed it is viewed as a hindrance to getting along. I'm talking about a civilization based on man predating on his fellow man - enduring undefeated since 1066. The Domesday Book, Magna Carta, US Constitution are all part of the same cultural lineage born out of a predatory, sociopathic way we are made to relate to each other.

We know what's coming. The question is will there be anyone left with the empathy to make it through when that next bottleneck comes?

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2015, 04:18:53 AM »
The Domesday Book, Magna Carta, US Constitution are all part of the same cultural lineage born out of a predatory, sociopathic way we are made to relate to each other.

Not a very inclusive list, or are you suggesting that a lack of empathy is just a problem of the US and it's ancestors? Sounds like a communist rant to me.  :emthdown:

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2015, 04:48:57 AM »
The Domesday Book, Magna Carta, US Constitution are all part of the same cultural lineage born out of a predatory, sociopathic way we are made to relate to each other.

Not a very inclusive list, or are you suggesting that a lack of empathy is just a problem of the US and it's ancestors? Sounds like a communist rant to me.  :emthdown:

This isn't "communist", it's just silly. What exactly about the Magna Carta and US Constitution are "predatory, sociopathic". I can think of a FEW things I scoff at, but those are few and far between the MAJOR advances in human rights that are reflected in these documents. It sounds to me like a classic case of "we should demonize the SPIRIT of these governing documents because the people who made them couldn't follow them better".

Postscript: Oh, I think I get it... these documents respect "private property" rights, and therefore they are part of the problem. Well, there is reasonable room for disagreement there, but ultimately I come down firmly on the side of that NOT being the root problem.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 04:52:06 AM by Ashvin »

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2015, 04:59:10 AM »
Quote from: Joseph McCafferty link=topic=4775.msg75256#msg75256
Your DNA builds both brains and buttocks that feel empathy in the most physical of ways. There is no culture or learning there - empathy is physiological in humans. This trait is not only deep in your genetics, it goes back in deep time too. The people - who were about a thousand breeding pairs after the Toba disaster - brought with them those genes through that genetic bottleneck. It may well even have been a factor in their survival.

Ironically, it is exactly this unquestioned (and FALSE) dogma that makes your following point true:

"But there are also people, who would watch such a thing as someone falling on their behind, and not feel anything. They may even laugh in derision - these are your zero-empathy people."

If empathy is nothing more than a physiological/neurological reaction programmed into us by many centuries of "evolution" (which, by itself, is a ridiculous proposition), then who can blame the people who dismiss it so readily and choose to laugh at others' misfortunes? No, in that world, a lack of empathy MAKES SENSE.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2015, 05:10:02 AM »

This isn't "communist", it's just silly. What exactly about the Magna Carta and US Constitution are "predatory, sociopathic". I can think of a FEW things I scoff at, but those are few and far between the MAJOR advances in human rights that are reflected in these documents. It sounds to me like a classic case of "we should demonize the SPIRIT of these governing documents because the people who made them couldn't follow them better".

Postscript: Oh, I think I get it... these documents respect "private property" rights, and therefore they are part of the problem. Well, there is reasonable room for disagreement there, but ultimately I come down firmly on the side of that NOT being the root problem.

So what IS the root of the problem?

You got this theoretically GREAT DOCUMENT specifying how to run a Fair & Just Goobermint, but regardless of that you end up with what we got here today, a Plutocracy where virtually nothing in this document is upheld in spirit, or even in practice.

In your POV WHERE did it go wrong, WHEN did it go wrong, and WHY  did it go wrong?  Also, what would you do in the next go round to make sure it GOES RIGHT?

Inquiring Minds want to know.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2015, 05:23:33 AM »

So what IS the root of the problem?

You got this theoretically GREAT DOCUMENT specifying how to run a Fair & Just Goobermint, but regardless of that you end up with what we got here today, a Plutocracy where virtually nothing in this document is upheld in spirit, or even in practice.

In your POV WHERE did it go wrong, WHEN did it go wrong, and WHY  did it go wrong?  Also, what would you do in the next go round to make sure it GOES RIGHT?

Inquiring Minds want to know.

RE

People not living up to the ideals of a document are a different topic than decrying the document as evil. The problem always is with men and their faults.

Just look at what has happened here at the diner from what were it's original intentions and ideals were supposed to be.

Look here for answers of how to free the world from power crazy control freaks. You better than anyone, having declared yourself a dictator, should be able to answer your own question.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2015, 05:27:50 AM »
seeing this.

Thoughts??

Correct, most folks aren't there yet. Reason being. Very few people look inward
for the solutions to their problems. The quick fix is easier. Throw more money at the
issue, take "happy pills" etc. or continue to run from the problem down the alley of doom
until that person smacks up against a brick wall.

Note to Ashvin :
Evidently you've never had the opportunity to attend a recovery / support
group meeting. Laughing at ones problems in hindsight IS very healthy when
done in the right setting (support group) style.
Rule 62 Ashvin, "Don't take yourself so seriously" !
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind